-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Originally posted by ch_nl

Yup, and Bro Hymn just might be one of the coolest songs ever written on that scene.

Sure thing!!

BTW it's probably me but i think Pink Floyd is terrible. The music doesn't get to me. I don't like it, and i know it's one of the great bands in history. Nah thats why it's called "Taste" ;)

Duran Duran gave away a terrible show on Live8, anybody seen that. OMG!!

I love the combination of coldplay and Richard Ashcroft singing Bitter Sweet Symphony

Currently enjoying Iron Maiden's concert in Gothenburg on the TV. If you wanna listen to it, try clicking this link to a Swedish webradio channel.

http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/webbradio/framese...el=&intplugin=1

Leonard Cohen:

- Stranger Song

- Chelsea Hotel #2

- The Partisan

- Sisters of Mercy

- Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye

- Suzanne

Nine Inch Nails - Only

Saw the video for it a few days ago. It's both interesting and boring. But it's directed by David Fincher (Fight Club) and that alone makes it worth watching.

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse
Originally posted by Trizzak

haha, i wander on almost a month later. sorry about that.

Best songs on each album (IMO) is:

Silent Steeples: Elias (and Hey Hey)

Bang Bang: Bang Bang (and Mission)

Four Day Trials: Headlights

Who Are We Living For?: Time Served (and Prince of Spades)

Gut The Van: Even (and Here we Go)

Under The Radar: One Truth (and Gasoline Dreams)

I see this over a month later...

I'll check out those songs and let you know what I think of them.

I look forward to your reply in August. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Avenged Sevenfold is awesome. I got their autographs at this years warped tour. Also got a snazzy band t-shirt.

I Wont See You Tonight (Part 1) - Avenged Sevenfold

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Macaskill

Avenged Sevenfold is awesome. I got their autographs at this years warped tour. Also got a snazzy band t-shirt.

I Wont See You Tonight (Part 1) - Avenged Sevenfold

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Damn you! I wanted to go to warped tour but everyone decided to go to the Stampede the day it was here. Grrr

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

DropKick is Great, i love irish folk/punk music. Flogging molly also another great band!!

I love Flogging Molly, I haven't heard much from Dropkick. I only found this song because it was on NHL 2005.

I like some Dropkick Murphys but I don't really care much about Flogging Molly.

I like more AFI, Billy Talent, Smile Empty Soul, Bright Eyes, The Decemberists, Coldplay, Deathcab, The Distillers, The Early November, etc, etc, etc...

Ya and then a bunch of classic rock.

Does anyone know the Kaiser Chiefs? An underrated band. They're pretty good. But it looks like it's all metal in here (which I don't mind).

Offcourse i know them. Big Hype in holland right now. Know them for a long time already. Ricky is great, keeps on jumping on stage, even now when he injured his ankle on stage during a portugese festival. Last weekend they played a dutch festival and he still jumped with crutches

England is flooding us with great bands, real britpop.

BLoc Party/The Editors/ Athlete/Snow Patrol/ Maximo Park etc etc etc, all great bands!!

[Edited on 2005/8/24 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

Keane, U2, Coldplay....

A band that most people overlook is Kasabian. Have you ever heard Club Foot?:-^

But Paranoid Android by Radiohead is best. ...That and Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve).

I used to like Our Lady Peace even though they were a Nirvana copy. Okay, I have to listen to The Freshmen because Bittersweet SYmphony is one of the best songs of all-time.

Kasabian is great, i love that CD!!

WHo knows The Kings of Leon, thats so great!!

Last Coldplay concert, richard Ashcroft, former singer of the Verve played before the coldplay concert. It was great, songs like: The Drugs don't work/Lucky guy and Bittersweet Symphony are terrific. The more unknown songs are good also, i like the guy!

A band that I've never met anyone that knows except the person who told me about them, but are still really good is SMile Empty Soul.

Listen Nowhere Kids, Bottom of a Bottle, With This Knife, This is War and SILHOUETTES (<---my favourite one).

Underrated band, in my opinion.