-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

You haven't met anyone who has heard of Smile Empty Soul? Thats...thats really sad. I know a lot of people who listen to them. Bottom of a Bottle and Nowhere Kids are good songs but aside from those, I don't really like much of their stuff.

Kings of Leon are an awesome band, they opened for U2 at the Vancouver show back in May. Great band.

Guess I should throw a song in here while I'm posting...

Attack - 30 Seconds To Mars

[Edited on 2005/9/1 by jetsniper]

• 2 weeks later...

I went on a downloading spree yesterday (I paid for a gig this past month, haven't used it, and KaZaA stops working soon). Check out some of these:

*Lior - "This Old Love" - Acoustic

*Cog - "My Enemy" - Heavy

(Both are Aussie)

*If anyone knows the Blue Man Group (incredible live performances), check out "White Rabbit (Featuring Esthero)" from their album "The Complex". Awesome cover of the original.

*Then some awesome soundtracks from recent movies include "Dead Already" from American Beauty and "Mad World" from Donnie Darko. See the movies first, if you haven't already, but the songs are awesome.

*Finally, back to the oldies, checkout "Roxanne" by the Police, "Gangster's Paradise" by the ORIGINAL Stevie Wonder, and "Kashmir" by Led Zepplin.

• 4 weeks later...

Never mind they were sold out.

I want the new Franz Ferdinand CD. Not that I have the old one but I was looking for it until I heard this one came out. Anyone know any of the songs. I know they have a new video but I haven't heard it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Beck - Debra

"I wanna get with you, ohhhhhh girl...and your sister. I think her names Debra!!"

I've begun a bit of a Beck binge. Midnite Vultures is such a great album, and I'm just starting to listen to Mutations.

Any Beck fans here?

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Never mind they were sold out.

I want the new Franz Ferdinand CD. Not that I have the old one but I was looking for it until I heard this one came out. Anyone know any of the songs. I know they have a new video but I haven't heard it yet.

I got the new cd and it's great. I loved the old one, i listened to it so much. I saw them live on a dutch festival and they realy kick ass live. It's even funny.

But the new album they sound a bit like the old, but has also a lot of new things on it, so it doesnt get boring. After listening so much to the old one, it does get a bit boring, but the new one is really refreshing!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Mont Royale

I'm enjoying Audioslave's latest, Out of Exile.  Anything that Chris Cornell comes out with seems to work for me.  The guys got the pipes.

Audioslave is no Soundgarden, but they're doing OK by me.

Audioslave is no Rage Against The Machine either!

Zach De La Rocha must be turning in his grave over what his ex bandmates are playing with Audioslave, and that's hard to do since he isn't even dead yet!

Tomorrow i'm going to an Oasis concert, i'm really looking forward to that. Been fan since the mid 90's and glad to see them. Arrogant bastards, haha. But they are damn good to!

BTW last week i went to a "Mando Diao" concert, i think the Swedish members of this forum will know them. It was really good, they ROCK!!

Oh, I've just find this topic. I like pop & rock very much, so I'm going to read all the thread before giving my opinions.

This year I was in some canadians bands concerts. I like The Arcade Fire and Broken Social Scene, they had good lives shows and good albums too.

¿Mando Diao?, I' saw them playing in a Festival in Spain this summer and I didn't like his live sound. I saw other swedish people like The International Noise Conspirancy and they were better.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by jetsniper
Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by TrizzakAudioslave is no Rage Against The Machine either!

I'm happy for that.

Same here

Philistines

:P

More VAST! Don't Take Your Love Away just became my new favourite VAST song.