-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

So Joe, an R2 single should be coming out within a couple of weeks. I heard that Em is fighting with Interscope - that they want him to release the album in November/December as planned, but that Em is still working on the album and wants to add new stuff.

So Joe, an R2 single should be coming out within a couple of weeks. I heard that Em is fighting with Interscope - that they want him to release the album in November/December as planned, but that Em is still working on the album and wants to add new stuff.

I'm not very familiar with all of these labels. Like what are all of these labels doing under Interscope ? I mean, how do they split the job ? Shady records produce the albums while Interscope distribute them ??? Is that it ?? Same for Aftermath, same for JT's label and same for Timbaland's label if i'm right...

I'm not very familiar with all of these labels. Like what are all of these labels doing under Interscope ? I mean, how do they split the job ? Shady records produce the albums while Interscope distribute them ??? Is that it ?? Same for Aftermath, same for JT's label and same for Timbaland's label if i'm right...

I've always had the same problem. Shady Records, Aftermath and Interscope... I'm not sure how they're all related. I just think of Aftermath and Interscope as Dre, while Shady is obviously Shady.

Like I believe Puffy just signed with Interscope and Slaughterhouse (have you heard this group? Royce da 5'9, Joe Budden, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz together) just signed with Shady Records. I don't know what it all means, who's with who.

I've always had the same problem. Shady Records, Aftermath and Interscope... I'm not sure how they're all related. I just think of Aftermath and Interscope as Dre, while Shady is obviously Shady.

Like I believe Puffy just signed with Interscope and Slaughterhouse (have you heard this group? Royce da 5'9, Joe Budden, Crooked I and Joell Ortiz together) just signed with Shady Records. I don't know what it all means, who's with who.

Dre is with Aftermath only. Interscope is a way bigger machine than Aftermath. Interscope have LOT of artists under their name.

As for Shady Records, I know Obie Trice left. Th only ones I'm sure are Eminem, 50 Cents and D12.

The ones I'm sure that are with Aftermath are Dre, Shady and Bishop Lamont. I know Busta Rhymes was there but ended his contract last year I think and The Game and Eve has been with Aftermath in the past as well. I think Rakim too, but not sure.

While Interscope have U2, Lady Gaga, Limp Bizkit, Elton John, WIll Smith, + + + + + + + over 200 artists/bands I think...

What I don't get is how they are related.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trans-Siberian Orchestra's new album FINALLY comes out this week!

The bad news is, they had a special offer for a digital download of the album (two discs) for $7.99 as a reward to fan club members who bought tix during the pre-sale. Now, they announce they are offering it via Amazon.com for $4.99 tomorrow. Talk about a slap in the face to the loyalist fans.

So, TSO's new album, Night Castle, is disappointing. After waiting five years for its release, it leaves something to be desired. They talked about having so much material that they almost made it a triple album, yet a fifth of the album's songs are Savatage covers. The last three songs are randomly thrown on and don't add anything to the story. One of the characters has two songs that are 10 minutes each, which is too long. That being said, the music is still excellent, but I just don't see any reason why it took so long to complete. It didn't live up to the high level of Beethoven's Last Night. Granted, that is a tough standard to reach, as that is my favorite album for any band.

• 4 weeks later...

Constantly listening to The Humbling River by Puscifer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8MU37x9jAk

Nature nurture heaven and home

Sum of all and by them driven

To conquer every mountain shown

But I've never crossed the river

Brave the forest, brave the stone

Brave the icy winds and fire

Braved and beat them on my own

Yet I'm helpless by the river

Angel, angel what have I done

I face the quakes, the wind, the fire

I've conquered country,crown, and throne

Why can't I cross this river

Angel, angel what have I done

I face the quakes, the wind, the fire

I've conquered country, crown, and throne

Why can't I cross this river

Pay no mind to the battles you've won

It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle

Open your heart and hands my son

Or you'll never make it over the river

It'll take a lot more than words and guns

A whole lot more than riches and muscle

The hands of many must join as one

And together we'll cross the river

It'll take a lot more than words and guns

A whole lot more than riches and muscle

The hands of many must join as one

And together we'll cross the river

• 2 weeks later...

@ BTH

OH SHIT !!! The whole BlackRoc Project is INSANE !!!!

It's basically The Black Keys with rappers (Mos Def, RZA, Pharoah Monch, +, +, + ) on really, really good tracks.

Just discovered The Black Keys. I had heard

before in a video game or in a commercial, don't remember where... Edited by JoeLassister

Good taste, the Black Keys are just great.

I never heared of them a year ago but then a friend dragged me to a show of them. Instantly loved the music. That guitar play is just miracle work! Dan Auerbach sure knows how to play. You should also check out his solo albums!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Yeah, spelling error where I got his name from. Anyways, my friend's band recently hired the guy who played guitar on James' album Elements of Persuasion. Pretty awesome.

Well James Labrie is my least favourite part of Dream Theater. I can appreciate that the guy can sing, but it sounds like his testicles never dropped.

I never heard anything from Elements of Persuasion, but I think I could actually like it since it probably takes him away from the Dream Theater sound.

Anyways, the guy's name is Marco Sfogli, he sounds excellent on the YouTube clips I've found of him. They actually had the chance to have Chris Caffery of Trans-Siberian Orchestra play on their album, but they liked Marco's sound better. They obviously hooked themselves up with an excellent manager.

Here's a link about my friend's upcoming album. I'm really looking forward to hearing their music done professionally.

• 2 weeks later...
So, TSO's new album, Night Castle, is disappointing. After waiting five years for its release, it leaves something to be desired. They talked about having so much material that they almost made it a triple album, yet a fifth of the album's songs are Savatage covers. The last three songs are randomly thrown on and don't add anything to the story. One of the characters has two songs that are 10 minutes each, which is too long. That being said, the music is still excellent, but I just don't see any reason why it took so long to complete. It didn't live up to the high level of Beethoven's Last Night. Granted, that is a tough standard to reach, as that is my favourite album for any band.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra was in Hamilton last night.....totally AMAZING concert!!!!! I picked up the Night Castle CD at the show.....am listening to it right now.