-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra was in Hamilton last night.....totally AMAZING concert!!!!! I picked up the Night Castle CD at the show.....am listening to it right now.

Just got back from the show, sat in the third row right where the little stage outcrop was. Freaking amazing. I'm so glad I got screwed out of the first set of tickets I had in the 1st row on the other side. Where we ended up was perfect, since it was the side the Chris Caffery was most frequently on. It was mind blowing seeing them perform up close and personal. I didn't even need the sunglasses that Jets had suggested last year, haha. Anna Phoebe was amazing, listening to one of her albums right now. I didn't think to bring a camera and my phone is a POS, but my friends got a lot of awesome pics that I can't wait to see. Paul O'Neil, one of the founders, was there and performed with the band for a couple songs, which was pretty cool. Oh yeah, I was able to get one of the guitar picks Caffery threw out to the crowd.

Back to the Night Castle album, I was way to hard on it with my initial review. All the bonus tracks at the end still make it feel a little disjointed, but I've come to love the album much more than I did at first. Carmina Burana still sounds better live and there were a few too many Savatage covers, but it's still an excellent album, especially the first disc. Toccata is effing amazing, was so glad they played it at the concert.

Yeah, I never saw them this year. They were here the night after the Avalanche were in town so I had to pick one or the other. Can't turn down an Avalanche game, especially my first look at guys like Duchene and O'Reilly.

Going through another TV On The Radio phase right now. Addicted again, especially after I heard Wolf Like Me used in the new Nike commercial.

I knew TSO was hoping to do a Spring Tour this year, and now it looks to be official. Dates and ticket info will be released in the coming weeks. They say they're going to perform Beethovan's Last Night in its entirety, which I am SUPER pumped about!

• 1 month later...

26th of March the band " A place to bury Strangers" comes to Montreal. This Brooklyn based band is amazing. Saw them live as preshow on a MGMT concert, blew us away. A big fan ever since

26.mrt.2010 20:30

Cabaret JPR W/The Big Pink Montreal, Quebec

Worth checking it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPQsYGZ2cWU

• 2 weeks later...

David Bowie - Moonage Daydream <3

How a mere man managed to make such divine music really is beyond me. :wub:

• 4 weeks later...

Found out about The XX yesterday.

Last night I re-listened to The Art of Drowning and Sing the Sorrow from AFI. I used to listen to those albums a lot when I was 13 or 14. (Also listened to AFI's Black Sails in the Sunset and Silverstein's Discovering the Waterfront - I've had these albums sitting around my house for years and never listened to them.)

If anyone here is a classical music buff, recommend me specific pieces of music.

Found out about The XX yesterday.

Last night I re-listened to The Art of Drowning and Sing the Sorrow from AFI. I used to listen to those albums a lot when I was 13 or 14. (Also listened to AFI's Black Sails in the Sunset and Silverstein's Discovering the Waterfront - I've had these albums sitting around my house for years and never listened to them.)

If anyone here is a classical music buff, recommend me specific pieces of music.

Kristen Dunst has been seen at The XX's show in Montreal a few days ago. I discovered them a few months earlier (see one of my posts héhé). Pretty good band.

Kristen Dunst has been seen at The XX's show in Montreal a few days ago. I discovered them a few months earlier (see one of my posts héhé). Pretty good band.

They're coming to Montreal soon as part of Lollapalooza. Check out that line up, it's ridiculous. The Strokes, Lady Gaga, The XX, it goes on and on.

http://2010.lollapalooza.com/

They're coming to Montreal soon as part of Lollapalooza. Check out that line up, it's ridiculous. The Strokes, Lady Gaga, The XX, it goes on and on.

http://2010.lollapalooza.com/

Lollapalooza is only in Chicago. They're playing at Coachella, Sasquatch and Bonnaroo as well. I would love to spend one entire summer and see all four. I mostly want to get to Coachella though. But yeah, Lollapalooza has a good lineup. The xx, Phoenix, Arcade Fire, MGMT (although I'm not sure what to make of their new album right now), Stars, Matt & Kim, Metric and a reformed Soundgarden amongst others. Lady Gaga is kind of out of place there though.

Really excited for new Kate Nash this month and new Broken Social Scene next month. Especially Broken Social Scene since they're finally going to have a song that puts Feist, Amy Millan and Emily Haines together.

Lollapalooza is only in Chicago. They're playing at Coachella, Sasquatch and Bonnaroo as well. I would love to spend one entire summer and see all four. I mostly want to get to Coachella though. But yeah, Lollapalooza has a good lineup. The xx, Phoenix, Arcade Fire, MGMT (although I'm not sure what to make of their new album right now), Stars, Matt & Kim, Metric and a reformed Soundgarden amongst others. Lady Gaga is kind of out of place there though.

Really excited for new Kate Nash this month and new Broken Social Scene next month. Especially Broken Social Scene since they're finally going to have a song that puts Feist, Amy Millan and Emily Haines together.

Ah. A couple of people were getting excited about it so I figured it was going to be in Montreal.

Ah. A couple of people were getting excited about it so I figured it was going to be in Montreal.

To be fair, it used to travel around up until 2005. It ran into trouble in the late 90s and was cancelled. Then it came back in 2003. 2004 again saw low ticket sales so it was cancelled and then they re-invented it into what it is now. My cousin goes every year (Coachella too).

To be fair, it used to travel around up until 2005. It ran into trouble in the late 90s and was cancelled. Then it came back in 2003. 2004 again saw low ticket sales so it was cancelled and then they re-invented it into what it is now. My cousin goes every year (Coachella too).

Out of curiosity, how many performers from the Lollapalooza lineup do you know? (As in, you're familiar with their music.) I realized recently that I've been sleeping on music for the past couple of years and that there are now a ton of bands/people I don't know. From the entire lineup, I only know a few. Am I supposed to know 80%+ them?

+1

For my part, 14 of them. Only Dan Black is written in a smaller font in your link though and I would not know him at all if it wasn't from his single Symphonies with Kid Cudi (excellent beat).

If I was to go there, i'd try to go to see :

The Black Keys (I completly lost my mind few months ago over The BlacRoc Project)

Matt and Kim

The Strokes

The xx

and off course Cypress Hill ...

Out of curiosity, how many performers from the Lollapalooza lineup do you know? (As in, you're familiar with their music.) I realized recently that I've been sleeping on music for the past couple of years and that there are now a ton of bands/people I don't know. From the entire lineup, I only know a few. Am I supposed to know 80%+ them?

No, not 80%. My cousin would probably know that many but music is literally the only thing he spends money/time on. Just looking at the lineup, I'd guess I know about half of them. I'd bet Dutchie knows more of them then I do.

Browse through the bands playing the festivals I mentioned though. They're generally the same kind of music so you're bound to find some new bands you'll like.

+1

I've been waiting forever! I got excited when I heard she was going to be part of Lilith Fair because I could easily get backstage access but she's not playing at the Calgary show. :(

For my part, 14 of them. Only Dan Black is written in a smaller font in your link though and I would not know him at all if it wasn't from his single Symphonies with Kid Cudi (excellent beat).

If I was to go there, i'd try to go to see :

The Black Keys (I completly lost my mind few months ago over The BlacRoc Project)

Matt and Kim

The Strokes

The xx

and off course Cypress Hill ...

I recognize 13, none of the small print ones. I've heard of a couple of others but don't know their music. I feel like I'm supposed to know more of them.

I recognize 13, none of the small print ones. I've heard of a couple of others but don't know their music. I feel like I'm supposed to know more of them.

Same here, i'm so out of the blue about music sometimes. Like, as well as they seem to be big time headliners, I don't have a clue of who are Phoenix and Soundgarden or what do they sing...

I guess I could add one more, cuz I saw a clip of Hot Chip yesterday on Musique Plus, but I didn't really listen to it since I was cooking...