-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Sorry for being a Lazy ass... writing up my thesis here ... I follow Digitally Imported just cause its easier .. any other site where I could get various styles at a click of a button

Thanks again!

And Thanks Again to "MatG" THe perpetual Flasher!! for the info on that Brit Chick! forgot her name already gonna go look it up on your u2u Genitalia? hehehe ;)

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Sorry for being a Lazy ass... writing up my thesis here ... I follow Digitally Imported just cause its easier .. any other site where I could get various styles at a click of a button

Thanks again!

And Thanks Again to "MatG" THe perpetual Flasher!! for the info on that Brit Chick! forgot her name already gonna go look it up on your u2u Genitalia? hehehe ;)

You're welcome.

In tomorrows jukebox: Jentina, Bad Ass Strippa

umm... listening to Scott Walker -- Wasn't it a good year? . . . As the morning turned my way, see birds flying through its hazy face -- Didn't you know, I'm not the world's strongest man?

• 3 weeks later...

Lately I've been listening to...

Who I Am Hates Who I've Been - Relient K

Living In America - The Sounds

Fire - The Sounds

No It Isn't - Plus 44

Breathe No More - Evanescence

And all of A.F.I's "Sing The Sorrow" CD

I have it. Along with The Art of Drowning. They're an insane band.

Yeah, I've got pretty much all of A.F.I's stuff. I thought I lost that CD though and I found it the other day, now I'm listening to it non-stop :D Now if I could only find Blink's s/t album....

I actually sent a letter to the Bell Center about the goalsong. You can contact them on the Canadiens official site.

@jetsniper:

Have you listened to the hidden tracks on StS and TAoD? This Time Imperfect and Battle.

KNOCKERS - THE DARKNESS

Off their new album. For those of us who appreciate rock'n'roll bands who still ROCK with cigarettes and alcohol. No bottled water allowed on stage with this English band.

Edited by zumpano21

I actually sent a letter to the Bell Center about the goalsong. You can contact them on the Canadiens official site.

@jetsniper:

Have you listened to the hidden tracks on StS and TAoD? This Time Imperfect and Battle.

I've heard This Time Imperfect (really good song) but I haven't heard Battle. I'll have to go listen for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Some Dutch music!!!

please Download anything from this band they are awesome! Thye have been soft rocking the Neds for over 20 years!

groovy1%20(Custom).jpg

Good god No wonder they will be playing hockey soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Some Dutch music!!!

please Download anything from this band they are awesome! Thye have been soft rocking the Neds for over 20 years!

groovy1%20(Custom).jpg

Good god No wonder they will be playing hockey soon!

Who are you talking about? Pic doesnt show. (golden Earring??, only dutchrockband i know that is huge international, or was)

In today's Canadian jukebox:

This Time Imperfect - AFI

Blue Orchid - The White Stripes

Paranoid Android - Radiohead

Toxicity - System of a Down

4 classics yet all of them are pretty different.

I've been buying, over he last little while, a bunch of 'Best Of' kind of CDs by groups from the 60's.

One the one hand, I know that it's a bit of clutching for my youth but also it's simply just music that I used to enjoy and still do when I hear it. On top of that, some of that stuff was (and still is) considered pretty good (see allmusic.com).

So far, I've got 'Best Of' kind of CDs by The Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Animals, The Zombies, The Monkees, The Association, Donovan, The Hollies, The Kinks, The Who & Herman's Hermits.

I'm going to add 'Best Of' kind of CDs by Simon & Garfunkel, The Turtles, The Guess Who and some others.

By the way, I'm not one who believes that the best music came out in the years of my youth. Far from it. I'm still listening to and getting into new stuff. I'm not going to go into those groups here. Just to say, that I've also got 'Best Of' kind of CDs by later groups: A Flock Of Seagulls, The Alarm, Men At Work, Def Leppard, U2 and probably some others (but I forget). Also some 'Best Of' kind of CDs by some French groups: Beau Dommage,Morse Code, Malicorne.

All of this, for me is 'music to my ears', 'music that soothes my 'savage breast'. :)

Also, I got some of this stuff because I've got friends who sort of only listen to that kind of music. I got it to lend to them when they go on long car trips. They'll enjoy it. :D

I've been buying, over he last little while, a bunch of 'Best Of' kind of CDs by groups from the 60's.

One the one hand, I know that it's a bit of clutching for my youth but also it's simply just music that I used to enjoy and still do when I hear it. On top of that, some of that stuff was (and still is) considered pretty good (see allmusic.com).

So far, I've got 'Best Of' kind of CDs by The Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Animals, The Zombies, The Monkees, The Association, Donovan, The Hollies, The Kinks, The Who & Herman's Hermits.

I'm going to add 'Best Of' kind of CDs by Simon & Garfunkel, The Turtles, The Guess Who and some others.

Great Music Shortcat. Although i'm only 26, i'm a big fan from the music from the 60's and 70's. It started with the Beatles. But now i'm a big Kinks/CCR/Doors fan. And i also listen very often to a mix of 60's70's hits including those other bands like the Hollies/Zombies/Monkees/The who, etc etc. Got some great DVD's from CCR/Doors/Beatles/Woodstock/Jimi, and listen to it very frequent. I bett i'm reïncarnation from a 60's hippy :D

Woodstock, i was there ;)

By the way, I'm not one who believes that the best music came out in the years of my youth. Far from it. I'm still listening to and getting into new stuff. I'm not going to go into those groups here. Just to say, that I've also got 'Best Of' kind of CDs by later groups: A Flock Of Seagulls, The Alarm, Men At Work, Def Leppard, U2 and probably some others (but I forget). Also some 'Best Of' kind of CDs by some French groups: Beau Dommage,Morse Code, Malicorne.

All of this, for me is 'music to my ears', 'music that soothes my 'savage breast'. :)

Also, I got some of this stuff because I've got friends who sort of only listen to that kind of music. I got it to lend to them when they go on long car trips. They'll enjoy it. :D

Not bad music, I like Hendrix, the Doors, and the Stones myself and the rest of the stuff is pretty good too. As for myself, my top three albums right now are Negative - War of Love, Apulanta -

Syitä Ja Seurauksia - 30 Parasta, and H.I.M. - Razorblade Romance. Yay for the Finnish sweep!

I hate formatting...

Edited by dark_faerie87

Some great old bands, there. I'm definitely with you guys on stuff like the Beatles, CCR, The Who, Guess Who, the old Stones (Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street era).

I'm particularly fond of hard rock bands that have excellent drumming to go along with great vocals/guitars. My 2 favourites of all-time (to date) are Led Zeppelin and Soundgarden.

Great Music Shortcat. Although i'm only 26, i'm a big fan from the music from the 60's and 70's. It started with the Beatles. But now i'm a big Kinks/CCR/Doors fan. And i also listen very often to a mix of 60's70's hits including those other bands like the Hollies/Zombies/Monkees/The who, etc etc. Got some great DVD's from CCR/Doors/Beatles/Woodstock/Jimi, and listen to it very frequent. I bett i'm reïncarnation from a 60's hippy :D

Woodstock, i was there ;)

Thanks. Your response reminded me of another 'Best Of' kind of CD that I have. I also have one by Credence Clearwater Revival. Again, some bouncy good stuff.

I should look into getting something by Steppenwolf too. :D

And.................. I also remember, I've got a double CD of 'The Best' of The Supremes and 'Decade' - the 'Best Of' Neil Young in the 60's & early-mid 70's.