-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

The paper yesterday listed her as the #1 Canadian that Canadians hate. So with that in mind, I'll go off-topic and list it and then I will go to the Nothing thread and list it there so we can talk about it.

#1 - Celine Dion

#2 - Nickelback

#3 - Steven Cojacaru (that gay fashion dude on Entertainment Tonight)

#4 - Howie Mandel

#5 - Pamela Anderson

#6 - Tom Green

#7 - Paul Shaffer

#8 - Keanu Reeves

#9 - Sum 41

#10 - Matthew Perry

The paper yesterday listed her as the #1 Canadian that Canadians hate. So with that in mind, I'll go off-topic and list it and then I will go to the Nothing thread and list it there so we can talk about it.

#1 - Celine Dion

#2 - Nickelback

#3 - Steven Cojacaru (that gay fashion dude on Entertainment Tonight)

#4 - Howie Mandel

#5 - Pamela Anderson

#6 - Tom Green

#7 - Paul Shaffer

#8 - Keanu Reeves

#9 - Sum 41

#10 - Matthew Perry

#1-a- toronto maple leafs

Any really good Canadian bands out there at the moment. In the mold of a Stars or Arcade Fire? Haven't been listening to CBC 3 lately, or national playlist on cbc. Like to know what's hip in the hippest music town in the world at the moment: Montreal.

our lady peace are quite good although I fing they have turned a bit commercial.

if ypu're into rogressive rocK, go for RUSH

Billy Talent II is out and I've only heard Devil in a Midnight Mass, Fallen Leaves and Red Flag but all of them are good. The new album picked up right where the old one left off, it seems.

My favourite band is still the Strokes though. It was Tony who told me about the song Someday which I now love.

I have a confession to make, by the way. I actually enjoy listening to that new Paris Hilton song, Stars Are Blind. Even though she doesn't have professional talent, the song is just too catchy and I can't get out of my head. Kind of like those terrible Ashlee Simpson songs. I do NOT like watching the Stars Are Blind video though because I find someone so skinny in a bikini pretty disgusting/disturbing. Paris should keep her body hidden from normal people and save it for Theo because I almost feel sick when I see bones popping out of someone's skin.

Billy Talent II is out and I've only heard Devil in a Midnight Mass, Fallen Leaves and Red Flag but all of them are good. The new album picked up right where the old one left off, it seems.

My favourite band is still the Strokes though. It was Tony who told me about the song Someday which I now love.

I have a confession to make, by the way. I actually enjoy listening to that new Paris Hilton song, Stars Are Blind. Even though she doesn't have professional talent, the song is just too catchy and I can't get out of my head. Kind of like those terrible Ashlee Simpson songs. I do NOT like watching the Stars Are Blind video though because I find someone so skinny in a bikini pretty disgusting/disturbing. Paris should keep her body hidden from normal people and save it for Theo because I almost feel sick when I see bones popping out of someone's skin.

:huh:

You do realize we can't be friends anymore right?

4 days :king:

I just love Julian, i can't ignore that fact. I have to tell the truth, it is the truth:He's the greatest!!(oke for the rest i only like girls!!)

Billy Talent, The Strokes... good bands. I had hope for you, BtH. Then you had to go and mention the Paris Hilton thing, and that brought back memories of your love for Coldplay, and, well... I'm sorry.

I would say your taste in music is a work in progress. Now, WORK HARDER!

:D

I've rediscovered the group PEARLS BEFORE SWINE (from the 60's) and their lead singer/composer TOM RAPP.

Some fine stuff.

Check out http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...dekqikk6bb39~T1

It was strange stuff but certainly creative. A good album to get is "Constructive Melancholy: 30 Years of Pearls Before Swine". You can get it pretty cheaply on eBay. It's not a big seller by any means.

Billy Talent, The Strokes... good bands. I had hope for you, BtH. Then you had to go and mention the Paris Hilton thing, and that brought back memories of your love for Coldplay, and, well... I'm sorry.

I would say your taste in music is a work in progress. Now, WORK HARDER!

:D

lol

I don't actually like the Paris Hilton song. It's just so damn catchy. It always gets stuck in my head.

And I don't have a love for Coldplay, I just like them and I haven't even listened ot them in months.

If you want to know what I like... The Strokes (yes, Dutchie, Julian is the greatet singer out there :D), Billy Talent, Metric, kind of Mobile, AFI (older stuff, more), Kaiser Chiefs, Bob Marley, etc, etc.. the rest is just individual songs like MAd World by Gary Jules, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bittersweet Symphony, I Believe in a Thing Called Love, We Used to be Friends (Dandy Warhols), that new Keane single (I own their last CD), Club Foot by Kasabian, Blue Orchid, some TSO, Modest Mouse, Nirvana, Dream Theater, Franz Ferdinand, etc etc etc, and then some classic rock (all the big names).

That's pretty much what I like. Maybe it's YOU who needs help. :)

There is nothing wrong with Coldplay, especially their first 2 albums. Oke they have some songs that are to slow, and not rock&roll(the new single "hardest part" is a weak song). But live they are a completely different band. They rock much more, it's much harder. And unbelievable good.

I love rock music, especially hard songs. But i also like coldplay, when i'm in the mood for something slower. (but yes the 3rd album isn't quite as good as the first 2)

FINALLY...........today is the best concert of the year!

Finally i'm going to see "The Strokes", hope i can get anywhere near the stage, it's going to be insane!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS DUTCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any really good Canadian bands out there at the moment. In the mold of a Stars or Arcade Fire? Haven't been listening to CBC 3 lately, or national playlist on cbc. Like to know what's hip in the hippest music town in the world at the moment: Montreal.

Hmmm, I don't listen to either Stars or Arcade Fire, so I don't know if they sound anything like it, but I highly recommend Broken Social Scene, an excellent young band from the Toronto-area I believe.

Hmmm, I don't listen to either Stars or Arcade Fire, so I don't know if they sound anything like it, but I highly recommend Broken Social Scene, an excellent young band from the Toronto-area I believe.

Yeah, Stars, AF and BSS are all the same. Especially since members of Stars are also in Broekn Social Scene. Broken Social Scene has to be the most unique idea in music I've ever seen. They're up to something like 16 or 17 members and a good portion of them perform in other bands such as Metric, Feist (well, not really a band but Leslie Feist is part of BSS), Stars, Treble Charger, KC Accidental, k-os. Great band.