-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I like some of Björk's music, but not all of it. I have her Debut CD, but that's it.

She's got a special kinda voice. I think for many you either love it or hate it.

Personally I'm somewhere in between. :lol:

I'm listening to Nirvana. Wow, this is a real nostaliga trip. Haven't listened to this stuff in years. B)

Listening to Dumb from the In Utero album right now.

"I think I'm dumb. Maybe just happy." ^_^

Pennyroyal Tea

All Appologies

*wipes nostalgic tears from eyes*

Wow. I had forgotten how good this stuff is. :unsure:

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Listening to Dumb from the In Utero album right now.

"I think I'm dumb. Maybe just happy." ^_^

Pennyroyal Tea

All Appologies

*wipes nostalgic tears from eyes*

Wow. I had forgotten how good this stuff is. :unsure:

Yupp, Pennyroyal and All Apologies are my favourites from that album. I also really like Heart-shaped Box.

Yeah, the video for Heart-Shaped Box was stupendous. \m/

About A Girl and Swap Meet were my favorits from the Bleach album. Oh and Love Buzz.

From Nevermind I always got a kick out of the In Bloom video. Every time I hear or see Hey Ya! by Outkast I always think of the In Bloom video. :lol:

Smells like teen spirit was the first Nirvana song I ever heard, and the first time I heard it, I thought it sucked donkey balls. Sorta like the first time I heard Soundgarden (Rusty Cage - which Johnny Cash made a great cover of BTW). I came ot like it in time though. Same with Soundgarden. :)Drain You and On a plain were my favorite tunes from Nevermind. I was like 17 and I had a huge crush on this really cute girl and I used to listen to those songs till my ears bled. ^_^

I think I only had one real favorite song from Incesticide - Big Long Now.

I'm sure all big-time Bowie fans disagree, but I always thought Nirvana's cover of The man who sold the world was excellent.

Anthony Kiedis had a lot of nice things to say about Kurt in his autobiography BTW. Didn't seem like he was too fond of Courtney though. Got the impression he thought she was the biggest attention whore on the planet. Which she probably was at the time.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Yeah, the video for Heart-Shaped Box was stupendous. \m/

About A Girl and Swap Meet were my favorits from the Bleach album. Oh and Love Buzz.

From Nevermind I always got a kick out of the In Bloom video. Every time I hear or see Hey Ya! by Outkast I always think of the In Bloom video. :lol:

Smells like teen spirit was the first Nirvana song I ever heard, and the first time I heard it, I thought it sucked donkey balls. Sorta like the first time I heard Soundgarden (Rusty Cage - which Johnny Cash made a great cover of BTW). I came ot like it in time though. Same with Soundgarden. :)Drain You and On a plain were my favorite tunes from Nevermind. I was like 17 and I had a huge crush on this really cute girl and I used to listen to those songs till my ears bled. ^_^

I think I only had one real favorite song from Incesticide - Big Long Now.

I'm sure all big-time Bowie fans disagree, but I always thought Nirvana's cover of The man who sold the world was excellent.

Anthony Kiedis had a lot of nice things to say about Kurt in his autobiography BTW. Didn't seem like he was too fond of Courtney though. Got the impression he thought she was the biggest attention whore on the planet. Which she probably was at the time.

About a Girl and Love Buzz are boss. My favourites from Nevermind are Lithium and In Bloom. As a huge Bowie fan, I liked Nirvana's cover, but the original is much better in my opinion. As for Courtney, I hate her as a person, but I really like her first two albums with Hole.

As a huge Bowie fan, I liked Nirvana's cover, but the original is much better in my opinion.
Yes, I agree, the original is better, but I still think it's a very good cover.

My little brother is a much bigger Bowie fan than me. I think I only have one Bowie CD. I could just buy a Best Of and be perfectly satisfied with that, assuming that it has the right tracks, but for a casual "half-fan" the chance that that would not be the case is pretty slim.

Yes, I agree, the original is better, but I still think it's a very good cover.

My little brother is a much bigger Bowie fan than me. I think I only have one Bowie CD. I could just buy a Best Of and be perfectly satisfied with that, assuming that it has the right tracks, but for a casual "half-fan" the chance that that would not be the case is pretty slim.

His Ziggy Stardust era is my favourite...for reasons I'm sure are rather obvious. :P

Rich Boy - Throw Some D's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpSOpwM5OMI

Now there are a lot of things wrong with this song/video.

1. "Do you love me? Do you want me? Are you going to call me like you said you would? Is this really your real phone number?" ....what?

2. Who leaves stacks of money on a table in a bad neighbourhood like that?

3. If Rich Boy is so rich, why does he live in that slum?

4. What the ###### is a Cadalick?

5. Now I'm not attracted to men, but he seems rather ugly.

6. "blah blah blah flip flop blah blah blah red lollipop" .... what?

7. My conversation with my friend:

Me: What are D's?

Him: Dubs

Me: ...what are Dubs?

Him: Rims

Me: oh

8. "Every freak should have a picture of my dick on their wall" ...what?

9. "peanut butter ice cream" I thought this song was about throwing D's on a bitch?

10. really though, what is a Cadalick?

For added hilarity, read the comments on the video. My personal favourite, "yo i aint even hatin but dis shit is garbage dis bullshyt has no substance'throw sum D's on dat bitch'?WTf is dat! fuk outta here "

Continuing this theme, I give you Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around... Comes Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kHXVFxuMU

My ongoing thoughts as I watch this video...

3 seconds in: shit, 9 minutes 22 seconds?

45 seconds in: no music yet, just bad dialogue

57 seconds in: "what are you going to do to entertain me?" *Justin then whispers something in her ear which can only assume is something so witty it can't be said on air...something like "I'll entertain you...with my dick!" She then accepts this offer and decides to leave with him. Still no music.

1:06: Music starts. I want my 1:06 of my life back.

1:20: Scarlett isn't really all that good looking...

2:08: Scarlett tries to kill herself. Considering the music video so far, I don't blame her.

2:43: what's with the shitty microphone? and the firery hula hoops?

3:10: "Funny thing about that is...I was ready to give you my name." OH MY GAWD

3:20: Music stops for an interaction between Justin and his drunk friends. It lasts 52 seconds. I want those 52 seconds back.

4:51: Justin twirls his hand around to the chorus. He makes this look like the most important dance move, ever. EVER.

5:28: A ball squeezing high note from Justin. Women are still attracted to him despite this.

5:31: Hula hoop girls are back. As with the old microphone. I think I get it now. The microphone is round, and the hula go around and come back around. This is the most brilliant imagery and symbolism, ever. EVER.

6:03: ANOTHER interlude, this time of Justin's best friend making out with Scarlett, best friend getting the shit kicked out of him, and brilliant dialogue between Justin and Scarlett; "You don't ######ing know me!" I ######ing know you!" She then gets in her car and drives away. This all lasts 48 seconds. I want those 48 seconds back.

7:23: Justin....what the hell are you doing?

7:43: Car crashes!!!!!!! OMG! They really need to stop putting ramps in front of flaming cars and barrels. It only causes problems.

9:02: Scarlett is shown laying on the ground, apparently flung from her car during the crash. She is unscathed but dead. This makes perfect sense.

So the moral of the music video is, what goes around comes around: if you cheat on Justin, you will die.

Continuing this theme, I give you Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around... Comes Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kHXVFxuMU

My ongoing thoughts as I watch this video...

3 seconds in: shit, 9 minutes 22 seconds?

45 seconds in: no music yet, just bad dialogue

57 seconds in: "what are you going to do to entertain me?" *Justin then whispers something in her ear which can only assume is something so witty it can't be said on air...something like "I'll entertain you...with my dick!" She then accepts this offer and decides to leave with him. Still no music.

1:06: Music starts. I want my 1:06 of my life back.

1:20: Scarlett isn't really all that good looking...

2:08: Scarlett tries to kill herself. Considering the music video so far, I don't blame her.

2:43: what's with the shitty microphone? and the firery hula hoops?

3:10: "Funny thing about that is...I was ready to give you my name." OH MY GAWD

3:20: Music stops for an interaction between Justin and his drunk friends. It lasts 52 seconds. I want those 52 seconds back.

4:51: Justin twirls his hand around to the chorus. He makes this look like the most important dance move, ever. EVER.

5:28: A ball squeezing high note from Justin. Women are still attracted to him despite this.

5:31: Hula hoop girls are back. As with the old microphone. I think I get it now. The microphone is round, and the hula go around and come back around. This is the most brilliant imagery and symbolism, ever. EVER.

6:03: ANOTHER interlude, this time of Justin's best friend making out with Scarlett, best friend getting the shit kicked out of him, and brilliant dialogue between Justin and Scarlett; "You don't ######ing know me!" I ######ing know you!" She then gets in her car and drives away. This all lasts 48 seconds. I want those 48 seconds back.

7:23: Justin....what the hell are you doing?

7:43: Car crashes!!!!!!! OMG! They really need to stop putting ramps in front of flaming cars and barrels. It only causes problems.

9:02: Scarlett is shown laying on the ground, apparently flung from her car during the crash. She is unscathed but dead. This makes perfect sense.

So the moral of the music video is, what goes around comes around: if you cheat on Justin, you will die.

WHAT THE EFF WAS THAT?!?!?! :blink:

1) I want to know who was Scarlett's hair stylist and makeup artist. They did a terrible job.

2) I'm clearly in the wrong business. I could write better lyrics and come up with a better music video while half-asleep and hung-over. I could probably even sing better, but that could be debated. :P

3) I'm officially changing my name.

4) "You don't effin' know me!" "I effin' know you! I effin' know you! I effin' know you!" Wow...such mastery of the English language...

5) Apparently if you crash your car and are thrown out of the window, your corpse will be unscathed and look like Sleeping Beauty/Snow White...

WHAT THE EFF WAS THAT?!?!?! :blink:

1) I want to know who was Scarlett's hair stylist and makeup artist. They did a terrible job.

2) I'm clearly in the wrong business. I could write better lyrics and come up with a better music video while half-asleep and hung-over. I could probably even sing better, but that could be debated. :P

3) I'm officially changing my name.

4) "You don't effin' know me!" "I effin' know you! I effin' know you! I effin' know you!" Wow...such mastery of the English language...

5) Apparently if you crash your car and are thrown out of the window, your corpse will be unscathed and look like Sleeping Beauty/Snow White...

My favourite is still the pose at 7:23. It is something else...

Wow I checked the website good band line up. This must be the start of festival season.

If I was going I'd want to see

SNOW PATROL

MUSE

And then all of the Main Stage acts on Monday minus Linkin Park, I'd see Macy Gray over them, seriously.

I'd like to go to a festival.

What's the big one in the UK, gosh can't think of the name.

Then Coachella down here in the desert

Glastonbury that's it. Love to go to that.