Sundin: will he sign here? (Take 2)

Mats: predict the outcome  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Are we a-gettin' Big Mats?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't want him anyway

I think Sundin will decide on which team he will sign with today (and not announce it unfotunately) and then he will officially sign tomorrow or monday.

This is only my opinion of course.

a-ha! you're eklund ^_^

My guess is July 31 or Aug 1 for the announcement.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a-ha! you're eklund ^_^

My guess is July 31 or Aug 1 for the announcement.

:o

I should fly to Japan and slap you for such an insult. :lol:

Seriously though.... just a gut feeling

I think Sundin will decide on which team he will sign with today (and not announce it unfotunately) and then he will officially sign tomorrow or monday.

This is only my opinion of course.

I've still lost my feeling that he will sign here. We are his best chance at a Cup and that is what he should be looking at right now but he doesn't seem to be paying us as much attention.

Maybe he is trying to throw off the media by not talking about us as openly.

Either way, I said which team, not with the Habs. :D

For what it's worth, Burt the Dog says he'll sign with the Habs. The video's on hockeybuzz, it's a Maggie the Monkey sort of thing.

There's also some blogger there who thinks the Habs might sign Sundin and then trade Koivu to the Wild for a mid to late pick + a good prospect. :lol:

For what it's worth, Burt the Dog says he'll sign with the Habs. The video's on hockeybuzz, it's a Maggie the Monkey sort of thing.

There's also some blogger there who thinks the Habs might sign Sundin and then trade Koivu to the Wild for a mid to late pick + a good prospect. :lol:

LMAO @ Koivu being traded!

This is just an example to all the kids out there of why you never take things seriously....

bloggers are like mexican food; it can be good, but if you take in too much, eventually it turns into the shits

LMAO @ Koivu being traded!

This is just an example to all the kids out there of why you never take things seriously....

bloggers are like mexican food; it can be good, but if you take in too much, eventually it turns into the shits

speaking of shit..I can't help but look at your HWL rosters.

how can you win an award with this lineup ?? :P

of course as soon as I get a decent working CPU, I will apply for a gm job and I'm sure you'll want to make me eat my words !! :lol:

Back to the subject:

why does everybody wants to trade a guy where his brother plays ?? besides minny already have a small offensive centerman.

the last guy a pull such a dealt was Burke when he got the two picks for the swedish pusses.

speaking of shit..I can't help but look at your HWL rosters.

how can you win an award with this lineup ?? :P

of course as soon as I get a decent working CPU, I will apply for a gm job and I'm sure you'll want to make me eat my words !! :lol:

Back to the subject:

why does everybody wants to trade a guy where his brother plays ?? besides minny already have a small offensive centerman.

the last guy a pull such a dealt was Burke when he got the two picks for the swedish pusses.

LOL

HWL guys are much different then the actual players, besides it was for best new GM not best team or players

And yes...when you have your computer issues fixed,I would be more then willing to feed you some humble pie :D

Edited by Habitforming

And yes...when you have your computer issues fixed,I would be more then willing to feed you some humble pie :D

mmm Pie !!!

Since we haven't had a Sundin freakout in a few days.....I found this on a different forum. :D

From a few posts on a few boards, I assembled this and then made some research for myself, here are some pretty interesting findings that may lead to the truth (that we probably won't know about before august anyway...) but it is fun!

1- here is a link to the mobile alert program from the official canadiens website:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/...age&page=N...ge&id=19510

(This is to show that this mobile website is the official one...)

2- here is a link directly to this website taken from that first link to the official canadiens website... (the official website from the canadiens for mobile alerts (remember, it's made for mobiles, so not very complex...))

http://wap.canadiens.com

3- from there click on the language of your choice...

say english:

4- Now click on ''Team Report'' (Actualité if you chose french...)

5-Now click on the post from the 18th of july...

http://canadiens.mynhlmob...lnewseng_2008-07-18.1.xml

6- Now you can read this piece of information from the official Montreal mobile website...

''MONTREAL -- Mats Sundin has feasted on many NHL teams over the years; just ask the Canadiens. Here's a look at 13 numbers from the brilliant career of THE HABS NEW NUMBER 13. 78-Points amassed by Sundin in 2007-08, making him the only NHL player over the age of 36 to have cracked the 75-point mark last season.'' etc

(Notice where it says: ''THE HABS NEW NUMBER 13''???)

7-You can notice that the posting from the 18th is the only one that does not coincide with the postings in the ''News'' section from the regular official Canadiens Website...

8- Begin short freak out period, followed by a bunch of questions...

9-Realize that we still won't know anything until Sundin speaks or a team truly confirms... but this is still most interesting!

10- Reply to this post and tell me I'm crazy...

Again, this isn't my post but I did follow it up and it is true/does work. Thoughts?

Edited by Habitforming

Even better news...... All during last season as I would crack my beers during games I would fling my beer cap into the trash. Almost always nailing it with confidence and a loud ching as it settled in the bottom. The gaame I remember most was the comeback against NYR. During the play-offs my aim went to the shlTs much like our offense did. I was having trouble during the Boston series and I couldn't even hit the garbage can during the phili series. Well boys.....last weekend and all of last week I was on fire. I even started saying SUNDIN as I shot. One cap even hit an edge and bounced up about a foot and a half hit the wall and dropped into the garbage like a trick shot I meant to happen.

If this trend continues this week Sundin will be a habs by next week.

Cheers

Boom! nailed it again!

Dayem,

I just came back from some serious partying up north

and thought Sundin would be signed, by us.

I guess I'll have to go back up north for another week.

Toronto doesn't want him, and Vancouver for a player

his age, isn't a good fit.

Sundin was a Habs fan growing up, his favourite player

was Naslund. Mehtinks maybe he at some point in his

life he thought about leading the Habs to the CUP :hlogo:

Ok, another week :lol:

Even better news...... All during last season as I would crack my beers during games I would fling my beer cap into the trash. Almost always nailing it with confidence and a loud ching as it settled in the bottom. The gaame I remember most was the comeback against NYR. During the play-offs my aim went to the shlTs much like our offense did. I was having trouble during the Boston series and I couldn't even hit the garbage can during the phili series. Well boys.....last weekend and all of last week I was on fire. I even started saying SUNDIN as I shot. One cap even hit an edge and bounced up about a foot and a half hit the wall and dropped into the garbage like a trick shot I meant to happen.

If this trend continues this week Sundin will be a habs by next week.

Cheers

Boom! nailed it again!

I insist that you continually drink beer in this fashion until Sundin signs with us. We'll all chip in for a new liver.

CBC's Elliotte Friedman blog - On Sundin/Speculation

There are so many angles to the Mats Sundin story that I'm not sure where to begin, but it's time to try:

Sundin's future is almost too hard to predict

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

It's a broken link. Is it on canadiens.nhl.com?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/sportsblog/2008/0...most_too_h.html

Graham from Vancouver in response to the blog

This baffles me... if he turns down the 20 million because its "too far from his comfort zone" and because "He’s played his entire career in the East" and because "playing in B.C. is a much, much different experience"... then what does that say about him? Everyone says that he is a character guy?!? What kind of pussy makes his decision based on the god damn schedule?? -The kind of player that isn't willing to work for his money and give it 100%. If that's the case then we don't want him here. Stay and rot in Toronto for all I care! Don't come to Vancouver, because plus ten in the winter when its fourty below in TO would really suck! He's played so long in the east you would think that two years in Vancouver would be a "breath of fresh air"... Literally.

Funniest thing I have read all day :clap:

Thank you Graham, whoever you are for being an idiot

For once I agree with Friedman.

I think Sundin wants to go back to the Leafs, but they do not want him and are once again setting up to avoid the public relations

outcry. He leaves and they lay it on Mats and the idiot fan boys are pissed he went to Montreal for nothing when they could have had

Higgins (which I still believe is a BS rumour). The Leafs claim they made a fair offer and it was Sundin who screwed them over.

It is Peddie's way. If Mats goes back the Leafs miss out on Tavares and Leaf fans will moan about that.

They have painted the guy into a corner and it may be to Montreal's benefit.

Edited by Wamsley01

This baffles me... if he turns down the 20 million because its "too far from his comfort zone" and because "He’s played his entire career in the East" and because "playing in B.C. is a much, much different experience"... then what does that say about him? Everyone says that he is a character guy?!? What kind of pussy makes his decision based on the god damn schedule?? -The kind of player that isn't willing to work for his money and give it 100%. If that's the case then we don't want him here. Stay and rot in Toronto for all I care! Don't come to Vancouver, because plus ten in the winter when its fourty below in TO would really suck! He's played so long in the east you would think that two years in Vancouver would be a "breath of fresh air"... Literally.

I just read the same quote from this moron in Vancouver in the Elliote Friedman article. Thought it was hilarious! This guy must be 13 years old!

too funny.

Hey Graham!

Maybe he won't sign there because you attack him before he has even made a decision. This would be an appropriate response when he signed in Toronto or Montreal, but jesus man he hasn't said a word yet!

:wacko:

Edited by Habitforming

They have painted the guy into a corner and it may be to Montreal's benefit.

Hopefully we will find out on Friday!

Hopefully we will find out on Friday!

Don't hold your breath.....

August first deadline could be a ruse. According to other swedish sources (Newpapers mostly) Sundin has disputed a personal deadline that was being reported. Big shock huh?