Bye Bye Ryder

simonus

I think he meant more than that... and he didn't say anything like that when Mike Ribeiro signed his contract, who could probably share his salary not only with Claude Julien but also Brendan Morrow who curiously now makes less than Ribeiro...

yeah I agree guys sometimes carbo is a little quick on the lip, this comment was unnecessary and not helpful to our team. It sounded like he was a littl pissed off that any body signed him and we do not need that motivation being given to an opposing player

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant more than that... and he didn't say anything like that when Mike Ribeiro signed his contract, who could probably share his salary not only with Claude Julien but also Brendan Morrow who curiously now makes less than Ribeiro...

Ribeiro was te leading scorer in the team which was different

Ryder received a crazy contract given his production last year therefor YES he can share that with Julien because he must have been an important factor for getting Ryder at that ABSURD cost!

Ryder received a crazy contract given his production last year therefor YES he can share that with Julien because he must have been an important factor for getting Ryder at that ABSURD cost!

It was a joke by the way... although if you ask anyone around the league (coaches, GMs ...) who they would pick, there's a chance it could be unanimous in Morrow's favor...

yeah I agree guys sometimes carbo is a little quick on the lip, this comment was unnecessary and not helpful to our team. It sounded like he was a littl pissed off that any body signed him and we do not need that motivation being given to an opposing player

I don't agree with slagging a class guy about getting a good contract like his statement may infer, but I hope we don't have to worry about motivating or pissing off the other team players. Hopefully we are better than that. More like "OH, you are motivated? Eat Komi's shoulder pad...It's yummy." Now motivate yer ass back to da bench!

I don't agree with slagging a class guy about getting a good contract like his statement may infer, but I hope we don't have to worry about motivating or pissing off the other team players. Hopefully we are better than that. More like "OH, you are motivated? Eat Komi's shoulder pad...It's yummy." Now motivate yer ass back to da bench!

well I dd not say that would be the end result but I like it. :lol:

Can anyone honestly say that Ryder actually deserved 4 million$ per year for 3 years??? The guy had 30 points last year. It just doesn't make any sense...no way in hell he deserves that amount!

Let's not foget that Ribs had almost 3 times as many points as Ryder did last year.

Edited by Habsfan

Can anyone honestly say that Ryder actually deserved 4 million$ per year for 3 years??? The guy had 30 points last year. It just doesn't make any sense...no way in hell he deserves that amount!

Let's not foget that Ribs had almost 3 times as many points as Ryder did last year.

Well, they are getting a player without giving one up, but yeah seems UFA season brings out the boneheads. These GMs have the cash available, let them spend it hehehe. Indirectly helps the Habs when other teams go to the cap.

Ryder is capable of 30 goals, anyway that's market value for him. Good luck Michael!

Ryder is capable of 30 goals, anyway that's market value for him. Good luck Michael!

Yeh, too bad the market is F******! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Those Ryder brothers don't seem to have any pride or any of the stuff that make great players. At least from what we could see, Micheal Ryder couldn't care less about having a mediocre season, and losing what used to be a guaranteed roster spot... in the meantime his younger Daniel, after finally reaching the profesionnal ranks, didn't really feel like playing hockey last year...

Strange family... not good that province's reputation ;)

Anybody check out TSN video- " Not so easy Ryder". Whoa Nelly! In a southern drawl " Nice Boy, kinda dumb!" It's an interview with Ryders brother and him looking to Mike for motivation. Seems like he is hung over.

in the interview he looked drugged most likely (anti depressants) but who knows whats going in that mind of his... yet he might be some smart kid, because if he's good to make pro there might be other things that interest him more than playing and making serious money!

• 2 weeks later...
Those Ryder brothers don't seem to have any pride or any of the stuff that make great players. At least from what we could see, Micheal Ryder couldn't care less about having a mediocre season, and losing what used to be a guaranteed roster spot... in the meantime his younger Daniel, after finally reaching the profesionnal ranks, didn't really feel like playing hockey last year...

Strange family... not good that province's reputation ;)

Your statement is based on knowing nothing about Ryder and his family. It's cool to have an opinion on how he played last season. That's fair game.

But to attack his whole family with your statements, over his lackluster performance, is a real low blow. Also, your speculation about Ryder and his brother is pretty ridiculous.

You saying he has a "strange family"; I'm sure you don't know any of them at all. Well I do. They are a great family. He has wonderful parents and siblings. 'Nuff said.

But I'll give you some meat to chew on. The main reason why Carbo benched Ryder.. He was allegedly dating his daughter.

I'm not going to say anything else about it. Also, I assure you I'm not trying to start a mud flinging contest or personally attacking you either. I just felt like Ryder and his family were being insulted and it was uncalled for.

He's been told he'll be on a line with Marc Savard... I'm sure Ryder will have a huge season. He is totally dedicated to proving himself and silencing the doubters.

Goodluck Michael and thanks for the good memories as a Canadien. Best of luck with the Bruins.

Peace Out.

:popcorn:

But I'll give you some meat to chew on. The main reason why Carbo benched Ryder.. He was allegedly dating his daughter.

:o

Can't believe I never heard about this... or the Huet rumour for that matter.

so like he kept her out late or what?

Your statement is based on knowing nothing about Ryder and his family. It's cool to have an opinion on how he played last season. That's fair game.

But to attack his whole family with your statements, over his lackluster performance, is a real low blow. Also, your speculation about Ryder and his brother is pretty ridiculous.

You saying he has a "strange family"; I'm sure you don't know any of them at all. Well I do. They are a great family. He has wonderful parents and siblings. 'Nuff said.

I'm not going to say anything else about it. Also, I assure you I'm not trying to start a mud flinging contest or personally attacking you either. I just felt like Ryder and his family were being insulted and it was uncalled for.

He's been told he'll be on a line with Marc Savard... I'm sure Ryder will have a huge season. He is totally dedicated to proving himself and silencing the doubters.

Goodluck Michael and thanks for the good memories as a Canadien. Best of luck with the Bruins.

Peace Out.

:popcorn:

First of all, it wasn't really an attack, just a sentiment I had after reading that article. I didn't state any facts, but only used works like "seem" and "from what I could see".

I don't care that Ryder didn't put up points, in fact I expected it. I think we greatly overrated Micheal Ryder (like we did with Zednik and Savage in the past) for our thirst for a half decent offensive player. Montreal seems to have forgotten what great offensive players are, and we've been making up potantiel 50-goal scorers for ton many years now (heck some people used to say they wouldn't trade Zednik for Ryan Smyth one for one). Besides, I don't think he played any different then in the past, except that Koivu had a horrible season, and didn't make him look good this time.

However, I do find it strange that Ryder could not care any less that he was benched, to me that shows very little pride and character. When Rivet was benched, he stormed out of the arena, while other players like Bouillon or even Dandeneault were also clearly not happy. As for his brother Daniel, after years of working hard in the juniors and finally making it as a professional (and he had a good start in the AHL), he just gave up and let his team down. That also is strange.

Perhaps they really did have some family problems... I don't really care. I've seen Martin Brodeur perform in the playoffs despite going through a very tough divorce, I've seen Saku Koivu being an impact player in the playoffs despite a rib injury... it just shows the lack of character of those Ryder brothers.

ps. Carbonneau gave Ryder a lot of ice time before benching him. He was benched because he was not producing, and was not contributing to the team. Besides, the team did a lot better when he gave other younger players (like the Kostistsyn brothers) more ice-time and responsibilities.

Edited by CerebusClone

i concur

and I seriously doubt that it is true. Lets face it if ryder was a scoring machine he would not have been benched whether he was doing carbo's daughter or not.

I for one hope that Ryder will have a really bad start to this year and gets sent down to the minors. I dont want Ryder to help the Bruins get points. I dont want Ryder to become a "LeClair". Cheers to another bad season from Mike Ryder.

true. unless Carbo has 2 daughters... dunno.

carbo has 2 daughters anne marie and kristina. I have not found out any other pertinent facts except that it is Anne Marie who is married to Morrow. Since he was playing and rooming with Carbo when they were playing I can't see him getting hung up over Ryder dating his daughter and I call bullshit

Edited by habs rule

It isn't a true rumour but he does have a second daughter that lives in Montreal, I know someone who's friends with her.