Official PS3 Thread

Colin

Composite cables = 480i

Component cables = 480p/720p/1080i

HDMI cable = 480p/720p/1080i/1080p

Pretty certain on this - something I needed to know for my job (to test all possible resolutions, etc)

That sounds about right.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it's his fault for getting the store to repair it. Should've gotten Microsoft to do it directly, would've been free.

hehe he sent it to microsoft, they sent him the box and all to send the Xbox, shipping and all was free, but not the repair

• 2 months later...

As there's a pretty big price drop for a few weeks in games, I snagged GTA4. After I set it up, my wife came in and watched the opening sequence and first moments of me playing. She's a teacher in spec-ed and deals with kids between 6-10. She cannot believe parents lets their kids play this game - apparently some of her kids brag about how well they do. Unbelievable, eh?

Anyhow, great looking game, fun start. I like driving around and running over people, though I should watch where I push them. Started a fight in the street and didn't know there was a cop behind me.

Incidentally, if ANY city anywhere in the world had cop coverage like that city? No more crime. Ever. LOL

Now that the courses are drawing to a close, and now that I'm going to have some time to play again, I'm looking forward to losing myself in some good games over the next few months.

EDIT: Just to be clear, my wife doesn't disapprove of gaming, in fact, she plays the PS3 more than me. :D How cool a wife is that?

Edited by Colin

As there's a pretty big price drop for a few weeks in games, I snagged GTA4. After I set it up, my wife came in and watched the opening sequence and first moments of me playing. She's a teacher in spec-ed and deals with kids between 6-10. She cannot believe parents lets their kids play this game - apparently some of her kids brag about how well they do. Unbelievable, eh?

Anyhow, great looking game, fun start. I like driving around and running over people, though I should watch where I push them. Started a fight in the street and didn't know there was a cop behind me.

Incidentally, if ANY city anywhere in the world had cop coverage like that city? No more crime. Ever. LOL

Now that the courses are drawing to a close, and now that I'm going to have some time to play again, I'm looking forward to losing myself in some good games over the next few months.

EDIT: Just to be clear, my wife doesn't disapprove of gaming, in fact, she plays the PS3 more than me. :D How cool a wife is that?

Have been playing with GTA 4 this week (rental)

Great game, but it's getting on my nerves.

I mean, the cops are on steroids in that game; I look around no cop, steal a car, and get arrested 3 blocks later (which had nothing to do with my driving).

I loved Vice City on the PS2 though; driving in Miami was fun

Edited by rafikz

How the hell are you guys getting arrested. The cops will see me steal a car but I'm out of their range 5 seconds later. Hell, to make it interesting I'll shoot a couple in the head before I drive off.

Sometimes I'll go overboard with a Rocket Launcher though and I'll get the full 6 stars. That only ever ends up with me dead. I tried spawning a helicopter once to get away but they blew it up as I was climbing in.

How the hell are you guys getting arrested. The cops will see me steal a car but I'm out of their range 5 seconds later. Hell, to make it interesting I'll shoot a couple in the head before I drive off.

Sometimes I'll go overboard with a Rocket Launcher though and I'll get the full 6 stars. That only ever ends up with me dead. I tried spawning a helicopter once to get away but they blew it up as I was climbing in.

Yeah, I need to infuse myself with more gangsta spirit

Well in terms of actual PS3 news, something this thread has been lacking, inFamous has been pushed up a month to May. So thats pretty exciting. I'm still more excited for Heavy Rain and God of War 3 but it should make for some good summer gaming. It's looking pretty barren right now compared to last year.

• 2 months later...

I think I read that inFamous was good? Did you say that Jets?

And have you heard anything about the new F1 game? I'm a-waitin'...

I think I read that inFamous was good? Did you say that Jets?

And have you heard anything about the new F1 game? I'm a-waitin'...

It's better then Prototype. I've liked it so far. It's not amazing or anything and has a couple problems but it's a pretty good game.

The latest F1 games were only announced at the end of April, you're gonna have to wait till 2010.

• 2 months later...

Finally got a real HD tv. The full 1080p. HDMI cable. Plug in the PS3. Oh my sweet cherry pie! And that reaction was just with Hot Shots golf!!! Also plugged into the PS# online network (whatever it's called) and now need to see what good games there are for d/l amongst all the stuff there.

Finally got a real HD tv. The full 1080p. HDMI cable. Plug in the PS3. Oh my sweet cherry pie! And that reaction was just with Hot Shots golf!!! Also plugged into the PS# online network (whatever it's called) and now need to see what good games there are for d/l amongst all the stuff there.

if your looking for mindless fun, try Little Big Planet.

Cool game lots of stuff to do and should look good with your new HD set up (I don't have one yet :( )

if your looking for mindless fun, try Little Big Planet.

Cool game lots of stuff to do and should look good with your new HD set up (I don't have one yet :( )

Trust me, I've spent some time trying to convince him to get LBP.

It was my GOTY last year.

Trust me, I've spent some time trying to convince him to get LBP.

It was my GOTY last year.

I really enjoyed it, although I need to find some more levels to download or something since I have completed it 100%

I really enjoyed it, although I need to find some more levels to download or something since I have completed it 100%

Yeah, the meat of the game is online. It was created mainly as an arena for independent creativity from your average gamer. Some of the levels people have created are amazing, I especially like some of the SotC ones. Sackboy was supposed to be Sony's new mascot too since people stopped caring about Crash Bandicoot a decade ago but the sales tanked so that didn't really happen. LBP dominated the IA awards which are as close to the Oscars as gaming has right now though.

Yeah, the meat of the game is online. It was created mainly as an arena for independent creativity from your average gamer. Some of the levels people have created are amazing, I especially like some of the SotC ones. Sackboy was supposed to be Sony's new mascot too since people stopped caring about Crash Bandicoot a decade ago but the sales tanked so that didn't really happen. LBP dominated the IA awards which are as close to the Oscars as gaming has right now though.

Being that I rarely put my ps3 online, can you give me some specifics or more details on the SotC levels or what I have to do to get them?

Being that I rarely put my ps3 online, can you give me some specifics or more details on the SotC levels or what I have to do to get them?

You just gotta connect to the internet and go to the Community section and then just browse through the levels. You can't download all of them, the author of the level has to give permission first which most don't. To play through specific levels, you're gonna have to look them up online to get the exact name of whatever it is you want to play.

Theres specific costumes and stuff you can buy off of the PSN as well. They just released a Ghostbusters pack not too long ago.

If anyone is thinking about getting the game, they're re-releasing it on the 8th as a Game of the Year edition. It comes with a bunch of the DLC as well. I sold the game last winter to get Street Fighter IV so I'm thinking of picking up the GOTY edition now after I play through Batman and Marvel: UA2

So what exactly is this Little Big Planet about then? Looking at the box, I get the feeling I'm seeing some sock puppets.

It's not "about" anything. You're Sackboy who you can dress up in different costumes and stuff and you play through the solo mode to unlock different pieces and such for the create mode. The main purpose of the game is to design your own levels and share them with everyone else.

Cool thanks for the info Jets !

On an unrelated note, I just picked up the Batman Arkham Asylum game (PS3) from Wal-Mart for $38.83.

I would never have known about this price war if not for this thread....

Thanks a Bunch guys! :clap:

Cool thanks for the info Jets !

On an unrelated note, I just picked up the Batman Arkham Asylum game (PS3) from Wal-Mart for $38.83.

I would never have known about this price war if not for this thread....

Thanks a Bunch guys! :clap:

Yeah, I had no idea people were price-matching until lazy brought it up, I thought it was just Wal-Mart. Big props to him for sure, I had no idea how I was gonna afford Ultimate Alliance 2 which I really, really wanted.