Official PS3 Thread

Colin

Yeah, I had no idea people were price-matching until lazy brought it up, I thought it was just Wal-Mart. Big props to him for sure, I had no idea how I was gonna afford Ultimate Alliance 2 which I really, really wanted.

Glad to be of service! :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any good Rpgs coming out soon? talking about final fantasy turn based rpgs, sony has lacked in releasing some, also what are the must have games coming up? i know i will be getting CODMW2 , its going to be amazing

any good Rpgs coming out soon? talking about final fantasy turn based rpgs, sony has lacked in releasing some, also what are the must have games coming up? i know i will be getting CODMW2 , its going to be amazing

Modern Warfare has actually split from the Call of Duty franchise. It's just called Modern Warfare 2 now.

Uncharted 2 is the one must-have PS3 game this year. If a PS3 owner gets anything this year, it should be Uncharted 2. As for turn-based RPGs, theres nothing on the horizon other then Final Fantasy XIII itself. I'd suggest checking out Disgaea 3 or Valkyria Chronicles though if you haven't already.

Modern Warfare has actually split from the Call of Duty franchise. It's just called Modern Warfare 2 now.

Uncharted 2 is the one must-have PS3 game this year. If a PS3 owner gets anything this year, it should be Uncharted 2. As for turn-based RPGs, theres nothing on the horizon other then Final Fantasy XIII itself. I'd suggest checking out Disgaea 3 or Valkyria Chronicles though if you haven't already.

thanks jets, your always up to date! hey why isint Modern Warfare with Cod? is the game going to be similar? better ? what the hell is going on?

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

thanks jets, your always up to date! hey why isint Modern Warfare with Cod? is the game going to be similar? better ? what the hell is going on?

It's going to be just like Call of Duty, it's just a name change because the developers are different (actually thats only theory. I haven't really bothered to look into why they dropped Call of Duty from the name, lol). It's actually speculated the change will in fact hurt sales.

If you go on youtube, theres some leaked footage for Modern Warfare 2 from Gamescom in Germany last week. It's pretty sweet.

It's going to be just like Call of Duty, it's just a name change because the developers are different (actually thats only theory. I haven't really bothered to look into why they dropped Call of Duty from the name, lol). It's actually speculated the change will in fact hurt sales.

If you go on youtube, theres some leaked footage for Modern Warfare 2 from Gamescom in Germany last week. It's pretty sweet.

ill check it out, i really enjoy that series, Cod 5 is amazing

whats your psn name?

mines Darthtd

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

ill check it out, i really enjoy that series, Cod 5 is amazing

whats your psn name?

mines Darthtd

Mines jetsniper but my PS3 is almost never connected to the internet. I'd go get a wireless router if the 360 had built in wi-fi but I don't want to shell out for the adapter.

Has anyone played Bad Company? Any good?

Half Life Orange Box: $19.95

Bad Company: $19.95

PS3 Steering Wheel: $39.95

NFL10: $69.95

Lots of interesting games. I'm working through Dead Space right now. Very cool. I hate the controller, though. As an accomplished PC gamer, I much prefer the control I get with the keyboard and mouse; I'm having a hard time adjusting.

Edited by Colin

Has anyone played Bad Company? Any good?

Half Life Orange Box: $19.95

Bad Company: $19.95

PS3 Steering Wheel: $39.95

NFL10: $69.95

Lots of interesting games. I'm working through Dead Space right now. Very cool. I hate the controller, though. As an accomplished PC gamer, I much prefer the control I get with the keyboard and mouse; I'm having a hard time adjusting.

Pick up the Orange Box... For that price, it's worth it for Portal alone. The Half-Life games are good fun too.

NOOOOOOO, don't get The Orange Box on PS3. The frame rate issues and loading times are so bad that the game is close to unplayable. TF2 has horrible lag issues and isn't any fun either. Valve made the Windows/360 version themselves but the PS3 version was outsourced by EA and they did the shittiest job possible. A couple patches have been released but they didn't fix anything.

NOOOOOOO, don't get The Orange Box on PS3. The frame rate issues and loading times are so bad that the game is close to unplayable. TF2 has horrible lag issues and isn't any fun either. Valve made the Windows/360 version themselves but the PS3 version was outsourced by EA and they did the shittiest job possible. A couple patches have been released but they didn't fix anything.

bah... Ok then.

Just buy a 360 then... Portal rocks. ^_^

bah... Ok then.

Just buy a 360 then... Portal rocks. ^_^

Yeah, holy crap, I got it around this time last year. Portal wasn't too bad and I got all the way through that but I couldn't even touch TF2 and trying to play through Half Life 2 again was painful. Didn't even play the Episodes which was the main reason I got the game in the first place.

Eventually gonna buy it for the 360 when theres some downtime in releases. It drove me insane. I mean IGN gave the 360 version a 9.5 and the PS3 version an 8.4. There shouldn't be that much of a gap for a multi-console game.

Disappointing. Means I have to get a new graphics card for my PC for the one that fried. Incidentally, no way I'm getting that for Portal (though I'm sure it'll be fine). HL and the part of HL2 I played on my computer were easily the best games I've every played. By a substantial margin.

So, no one has played Bad Company? What other war type games are out there that are good? I'm particularly a fan of the WWII stuff, but I'm flexible.

Disappointing. Means I have to get a new graphics card for my PC for the one that fried. Incidentally, no way I'm getting that for Portal (though I'm sure it'll be fine). HL and the part of HL2 I played on my computer were easily the best games I've every played. By a substantial margin.

So, no one has played Bad Company? What other war type games are out there that are good? I'm particularly a fan of the WWII stuff, but I'm flexible.

the Best World War 2 game at the moment on the Ps3 is by far Call of Duty : World At War

yeah i remember when halflife first came out, playing online with that game was my best online experience, that shotgun was simply amazing!!

the Best World War 2 game at the moment on the Ps3 is by far Call of Duty : World At War

yeah i remember when halflife first came out, playing online with that game was my best online experience, that shotgun was simply amazing!!

You're forgetting Resistance is set in WWII. First one is decent, second one is incredible. I personally found WaW to be a bit of a dissapointment. It was decent but it followed Modern Warfare and everything was a step below. I had the campaign beaten in less then a day. Got it on a Sunday afternoon, beat it on Monday morning. Had no desire to play anymore after that, went right back to CoD IV.

Call of Duty IV is still the best shooter of this generation but it's set in modern day (hence Modern Warfare). You can't go wrong with any of those three though.

Bad Company: extremely generic shooter that didn't stand out to me. It doesn't do anything terrible but nothing great either. Theres better options out there for what you're looking for at the same price.

You're forgetting Resistance is set in WWII. First one is decent, second one is incredible. I personally found WaW to be a bit of a dissapointment. It was decent but it followed Modern Warfare and everything was a step below. I had the campaign beaten in less then a day. Got it on a Sunday afternoon, beat it on Monday morning. Had no desire to play anymore after that, went right back to CoD IV.

Call of Duty IV is still the best shooter of this generation but it's set in modern day (hence Modern Warfare). You can't go wrong with any of those three though.

Bad Company: extremely generic shooter that didn't stand out to me. It doesn't do anything terrible but nothing great either. Theres better options out there for what you're looking for at the same price.

actually, i never even played the campaign!! i went straight online, as for Resistance 2, i bought it, returned it the next day, i kinda like more the realism in fps, end wasent at all impressed, i am a GOW fan , altough not anymore, ever since i got the red ring of death

• 3 weeks later...
Got NHL 10.

I love it.

Has anyone noticed the goalie signature styles?

For example, Price uses the butterfly quite often

Yeah and guys like Turco and Brodeur come out to play the puck way more often then other goalies, that was something they paid attention to.

I actually love all the additions to NHL 10 now so I think it's better then 09 but they're actually the same game basically. I love that they've added buyouts to GM mode too. Darcy Tucker got the boot before I even played one game, haha.

Seeing as how I'm in the PS3 thread anyway, the news right now is that Sony will possibly be adding Dreamcast emulation to the PS3 so thats huge news.

October is the month to be a PS3 owner as well with Uncharted 2 and the latest Ratchet and Clank coming out.

Yeah and guys like Turco and Brodeur come out to play the puck way more often then other goalies, that was something they paid attention to.

I actually love all the additions to NHL 10 now so I think it's better then 09 but they're actually the same game basically. I love that they've added buyouts to GM mode too. Darcy Tucker got the boot before I even played one game, haha.

Seeing as how I'm in the PS3 thread anyway, the news right now is that Sony will possibly be adding Dreamcast emulation to the PS3 so thats huge news.

October is the month to be a PS3 owner as well with Uncharted 2 and the latest Ratchet and Clank coming out.

Awesome !!!!

I remember buying the Dreamcast 1 week before Sega announced that they would stop its production

Awesome !!!!

I remember buying the Dreamcast 1 week before Sega announced that they would stop its production

Yeah, that thing turned into a huge collectors item around then. I found one in a hobby shop in 2007 for a decent price but finding games are a pain in the ass since I don't really like buying things off the internet. Now I just emulate off my computer but it gets laggy at times. I'm hoping this happens, I'd really like to play Sonic Adventure 2 again. Only 3D Sonic game I enjoyed.

Yeah, that thing turned into a huge collectors item around then. I found one in a hobby shop in 2007 for a decent price but finding games are a pain in the ass since I don't really like buying things off the internet. Now I just emulate off my computer but it gets laggy at times. I'm hoping this happens, I'd really like to play Sonic Adventure 2 again. Only 3D Sonic game I enjoyed.

Sonic Adv 2 was outstanding.

Back to NHL 10; I've played a few games with the Centennial Habs team, and it's just impossible, and I mean impossible, to lose when playing with them

Sonic Adv 2 was outstanding.

Back to NHL 10; I've played a few games with the Centennial Habs team, and it's just impossible, and I mean impossible, to lose when playing with them

Oh how I wish you could move those players to other teams.

I want Roy back on the Avs. =(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Heavy Rain

OMG !!!!!!

Probably one of the most original games ever (but there are a lot of games I haven't played, so I could be wrong).

Very intriguing

And PS3 exclusive (which is why I also posted it in the XBOX thread, muahaha)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventur...=tabs;previews