NHL 2004

Fanpuck33_

One thing I don't like about NHL 2004 is when players want ######ing crazy raises in Dynasty Mode. I remember in a Dynasty I was just simulating for fun, Mike Comrie was asking me for $30 mill for one season. Freaking outrageous.

Originally posted by Tony

One thing I don't like about NHL 2004 is when players want ######ing crazy raises in Dynasty Mode. I remember in a Dynasty I was just simulating for fun, Mike Comrie was asking me for $30 mill for one season. Freaking outrageous.

I think you misread it. He has to have have asking 30 over a number of seasons. I've never seen ridiculous contracts like that.

No, he's right, it happens with me too.

I just cut my losses, trade him for a player who's ap to 5 points under and a 1st round draft pick.

Doing this helped me win the big boat :D (yacht)

Does anyone else know what other prizes are available at the end of a dynasty?

Bah, I'm fet up of 2004. I uninstalled the game today and gave it to someone I know. I got so freakin' bored. I'm at the point where scoring in the playoffs is easy. I haven't played the ESPN NHL games but someone I know that played 2004 and the ESPN version said he'd pick ESPN anytime. He said it's more challenging to score. The computer is smart and it's all about strategies. He said unlike NHL 2004, in ESPN the pass across the ice/one timer (kind of like when it's a 2 on 1) thing doesn't work.

Bah who knows, when I played NHL 2004 for the first time on PS2 and PC I got my ass kicked in easy mode. An hour later after I was schooling the comp. in medium. Guess it's all question about adapting to the game.

I hope EA makes the game damn hard. I'd rather play something that might drive me nuts and make me play more then something I could beat in less than several hours of play.

Does the computer get better after each playoff game?

I just beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs two games in a row, 5-2 and 4-2.

Instead of their players getting lower ratings like mine do, one gained a hero icon, and 2 gained sniper icons.

Now, why does the computer get better after losing while I get worse?

Edit: I think part of the results are pre-determined. The game is starting to piss me off. When Markov was a Captain, the computer had him injured. Now, when I'm in the Confenrence Finals, Perreault in Markov's place wearing the A, the computer has Perreault injured.

What the hell?! What the hell's the point of making captains if the computer is just going to ######ing make them inactive. What makes them worse it that the computer won't ######ing tell me how injured they are or what the injuring is. The only thing it'll tell me are "Today's Games". Through this playoff series alone, the computer has injured Koivu (Captain), Markov (A), Recchi (A), Perreault (Replacement A). :nono:

[Edited on 2004/8/23 by Ribeiro]

For those of you who hate NHL 2004's unfairness, whether it's during the game, or simulating, check out the new NHL 2005 here:

http://www.easports.com/games/nhl2005/home.jsp

There's a video where the creator of the 2004 edition apologises for the screwups (the in-game ones, which he identifies under the video What's New - http://www.easports.com/games/nhl2005/videos_page.jsp )

There's also a few secrets that haven't been released yet that will make NHL 2005 a non-flop, because at the moment, with no Create-A-Player option, and other regular options removed, it is looking quite bad

On a side note, good job Ribeiro on 400 posts. We may not always be on the same side in arguments, but you are a respectable and respected poster. 100 more and you get a thread all to yourself - don't spend it all at once ! ;)

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

On a side note, good job Ribeiro on 400 posts. We may not always be on the same side in arguments, but you are a respectable and respected poster. 100 more and you get a thread all to yourself - don't spend it all at once ! ;)

Not necessarily. I don't see any thread for me, and I passed 500 weeks ago.

On a side note, good job Ribeiro on 400 posts. We may not always be on the same side in arguments, but you are a respectable and respected poster. 100 more and you get a thread all to yourself - don't spend it all at once !

Thanks! I didn't even notice :clap::king:

Not necessarily. I don't see any thread for me, and I passed 500 weeks ago.

You're from Ohio, sorry. :lol:

:can::que:

Of course he's joking. And I apologise for not noticing your 500, if it wasn't noticed before, it will be noticed next time. Until then, all I can give is a

:clap: Congratulations :clap:

Back on the topic, what's your weirdest moment playing NHL 2004? I scored a goal that went THROUGH the goalie's chest, continued through the boards and through the stands. After 10 seconds, play stopped, the announcers called a goal, but the scoreboard ignored it.

:?-

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Of course he's joking. And I apologise for not noticing your 500, if it wasn't noticed before, it will be noticed next time.

I figured as much, but with Ribeiro I can never quite tell, haha.

The weirdest NHL 2004 moment I have had has to be the time I scored from behind the net, by going through it.

The weirdest NHL 2004 moment I have had has to be the time I scored from behind the net, by going through it.

That's what the computer did to me.

I completely shut down it's offense in the third. The score was 2 - 0 (I was winning). The computer could not get a shot on net, I would block them, deflect them or check their players before he could shoot.

So, with 2 minutes left, I trapped a player behind the net, he shot, and scored. Then, with 20 seconds left, the computer scored again.

• 2 weeks later...
That's one thing I don't like about 2004, it's near impossible to guage and keep track of injuries. But I haven't had too much trouble with injuries. I've never had more than 3-4 guys hurt at one time.

I'd just like to point out that you're lucky.

As of right now, here is the injury list for The 2006 Montreal Canadiens:

1. Radek Bonk

2. Richard Zednik

3. Yanic Perreault

4. Jan Bulis

5. Patrice Brisebois

6. Chad Kilger

All of them are starters.

The weirdest thing I've ever seen happen in NHL2004 is when I saw a second goalie on both teams, and the goalies were playing like forwards and handling the puck... it was really strange, at one point there must have been 20 players on the ice (mostly skaters, only a few hoalies) I dont know how that happened...

I cant wait for NHL05

I don't have it, and probably wont buy it. I like to stick with the EA-Games version. I'll pay the big money for it 2. I can't wait till it comes out, experience some of the new things it can do, and to be able to play with the newer players.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Who's his back-up?

Garon, and in emergencies JF Damphousse. After absolutely dominating my first season, with the actual Habs team, I made some kick ass trades.

Blue Jackets proposed Rick Nash and Svitov for Keane (FA pickup), Rivet, and Kilger.

I signed Fredrik Modin and sent him and Perrault and Brisbois back to Tampa for Brad Richards and Nikita Alexeev (this kid is so fast).

With the emergence of Alexeev, Nash, Michael Ryder, and Marcel Hossa, I no longer had room for Kovalev. So I shipped him to the Nucks for Ed Jovonowski and another player.

Then I shipped the 2nd Nuck I got along with a draft pick for Barret Jackman.

Hossa-Koivu-Zednik

Nash-Richards-Ryder

Bulis-Ribeiro-Alexeev

Begin-Svitov-Ward

Markov-Souray

Jovo-Buechimin

Jackman-Vyater (rookie I drafted)

Theodore

Garon

Rick Nash in a Habs uniform just makes me drool and hope Kostytsin will be as good.