NFL Fantasy Football - It's that time of the year again

jetsniper

Alright, I've renewed the HWNFL league from previous seasons (this is year #6), all previous members have received invites in whatever e-mail they had last season.

League URL is as follows:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hwnfl

For those of you who weren't in last year but want in:

Link to join a private league: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1...ster/joinleague

League Name: HW Fantasy Football 2008 (ID# if required: 304398)

Password: gohabsgo

Draft is set for Sat Aug 23 at 1:30pm EST, 2 weeks before the start of the NFL season.

--------------------

As for people who don't know much about the players but still want to play, I've also started up the annual Pick'em pool:

Click this link to register: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

League details are below:

Link to the league: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/6467 (6467 is the league ID, you'll need this for registration)

Password: HWrocks

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, I was just gonna renew the league I started last year but that works too. Thanks Brian, I joined.

Let's hope last year was an off year, I'm usually better then that at Fantasy Football.

Jets selects with the first pick in the Fantasy Football draft..... NYJ Defense.

Jets selects with the first pick in the Fantasy Football draft..... NYJ Defense.

Vernon Gholston, Kris Jenkins and Baby Lockdown are gonna tear shit up!

Found out this morning I'll be on vacation that weekend though so I have to make a big stupid yahoo list, I hate doing it that way. :(

Vernon Gholston, Kris Jenkins and Baby Lockdown are gonna tear shit up!

Found out this morning I'll be on vacation that weekend though so I have to make a big stupid yahoo list, I hate doing it that way. :(

I haven't heard much out of New York about Gholston in camp... hows he doing? You got him playing Will or Sam LB?

I haven't heard much out of New York about Gholston in camp... hows he doing? You got him playing Will or Sam LB?

Actually, he apparently hasn't looked great, haha. He missed a lot of the off-season program because he couldn't report until Ohio State's semester was over. He'll be the SAM LB though, he was drafted to create a pass rush and sack the QB (a huge key to how the Giants beat the Patriots) but he'll probably only see spot duty at the beginning of the season. Bryan Thomas will probably play the majority of the time until Gholston is ready and then obviously we'll have Calvin Pace at the other OLB position.

Can't wait to see Favre in a Jets uni tomorrow night.

Actually, he apparently hasn't looked great, haha. He missed a lot of the off-season program because he couldn't report until Ohio State's semester was over. He'll be the SAM LB though, he was drafted to create a pass rush and sack the QB (a huge key to how the Giants beat the Patriots) but he'll probably only see spot duty at the beginning of the season. Bryan Thomas will probably play the majority of the time until Gholston is ready and then obviously we'll have Calvin Pace at the other OLB position.

Can't wait to see Favre in a Jets uni tomorrow night.

So where will Favre be on your fantasy picklist? lol

So where will Favre be on your fantasy picklist? lol

Well right now I'm trying to take him as my back-up QB, hehe.

My first fantasy draft was the day before he was traded to the Jets. I followed my hunch the Jets would get him and took him in the 12th round.

We need one more team to get to 12 for the player pool, first come first serve, sign up now if you're interested.

Team pool registration will be open until the season, looking for lots more to join there. If you're just a casual NFL fan, this pool is for you.

Alright, we got our 12th for the pool, still plenty of spots open for the pick'em pool (pick the outcome of each game). Details are as follows:

Click this link to register: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

League details are below:

Link to the league: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/6467 (6467 is the league ID, you'll need this for registration)

Password: HWrocks

• 4 months later...

First off, a big congrats to David for winning the HWL pool this year. I was happy just to make the playoffs for once this year.

And since most leagues ended with Week 16, how did everyone else do in their other pools? This is really just an attempt to brag since I won the other 2 pools I was in. This was probably my best year of Fantasy Football since 2004 when I lucked out and drafted Shaun Alexander and Curtis Martin, the top two rushers. I took a gamble on a then unknown Antonio Gates plus had McNabb's last great season. Didn't lose once that year.

Anyway, brag to everyone else if you won any other leagues!

Yeah, WR was my problem all year in all of my leagues. I'd have one monster guy like Larry Fitzgerald and then the other two would be crap like Brandon Stokely. I had scrubs like Matt Jones and Mark Clayton helping me out all year. I had Cotchery too and he was putting up some big points at the beginning of the year but like the rest of the god forsaken team, began to fade as the year went on.

My season was an outright nightmare due to injuries. I finished 2nd last, but was in the playoff hunt through the final week, which is something of a minor miracle considering who I was using early in the season. If my team was even a little healthier at the beginning, I may have been able to make some noise, as "my" guys have been lighting it up over the last few weeks (except at the QB spot).

First off, a big congrats to David for winning the HWL pool this year.

Thanks Mike!!!!!

It all boiled down to two things for me

1) Tyler Thigpen and his unexpected performance in the 2nd half of the season

&

2) Trading Lee Evans for D'Angelo Williams which turned out to be VERY lopsided in my favour.

Here's the #'s on those two post-trade:

Williams --> 675 rush yds, 9 rec, 42 rec yds & 14 TDs

Evans --> 21 rec, 397 rec yds, & 0 TDs

Before the trade they were VERY comparable (especially at that point when it looked like J Stewart might be taking over Williams' role).

Thanks for that deal Revvv, it's about time I won one with you. :)

Thanks also to Brian who seems to be the one every year to make the Yahoo pools fly. :clap:

Here's the #'s on those two post-trade:

Williams --> 675 rush yds, 9 rec, 42 rec yds & 14 TDs

Evans --> 21 rec, 397 rec yds, & 0 TDs

Before the trade they were VERY comparable (especially at that point when it looked like J Stewart might be taking over Williams' role).

Thanks for that deal Revvv, it's about time I won one with you. :)

yep - u got me good that time! i was loaded at RB & thin at WR - and i did think Stewart was about to take over.

i'm glad it worked out for u tho, since even with Williams, i doubt i would have made it back into the race - in my own little way, i'm taking some satisfaction from helping u win it all!

congrats on a great season!

• 6 months later...

And...now it's done.

I've renewed the leagues from last season, draft date tentatively set for Sunday, August 30 at 7:30 PM EST. All returning members should have an e-mail with the league info (I'm pretty sure I set it to send the auto invites out.)

Player pool:

As always, the league URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hwnfl

If you're not a returnee and want in, you'll need the following information:

League ID: 429802

Password: habsworld

Team pool:

League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/4591

If you don't know all the players too well but want to just pick who wins, this is the game for you. (This one doesn't have automatically sent invites, so everyone needs the following information:)

League ID: 4591

Password: habsworld

Any questions, feel free to ask.