2008 Summer Olympics

jetsniper

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carol Huynh won her semi-final 48 kg match and is guaranteed a gold or silver, can be considered Canada's first medal so far.

:clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap:

I would also like to congratulate Phelps !! he may not be a canadian but he's a great athlete non the less an his results have to be applaude by every one regardless of their country.

Man, what a race !! kudoz to the poor serbian man who lost by a hundreth of a second !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Man, what a race !! kudoz to the poor hungarian man who lost by a hundreth of a second !!

He's from Serbia I think.

Phelps was lucky the guy blew the finish.

He's from Serbia I think.

Phelps was lucky the guy blew the finish.

That race blew my mind... Phelps is almost a mystical force at this point... I figured there was no way in hell he could win the entire time, and then he pulls it off in the last 1/100th of a second? Ridiculous!

Bitch be messed up, dawg.

Amen !! sad sad story indeed.

what about that swedish wrestler who threw away is bronze medal while still standing on the podium?!! Classless.

Amen !! sad sad story indeed.

what about that swedish wrestler who threw away is bronze medal while still standing on the podium?!! Classless.

Nah, classless is a judge penalizing him for something he didn't actually do after the sesssion was over and then refusing to talk it over or listen to an appeal where they would've realized there was a mistake.

They stripped him of the bronze but it's not like he'll care.

I also love how all of our medals came within an hour. Go a whole week without anything and then after one hour, all of a sudden Canada has three. Leave it to the Calgarian to get Canadas first gold. :P

:clap: :clap: :clap: to Canada's medalists

Edited by jetsniper

Damn i was so looking forward to the indoor Cycling. Its just so awesome to watch, damn those guys are fast. We had a couple of chances, but out trackteam is a bit on the downside in their mind since the last worldcup. Before that they won a lot. Today was a total offday, just like yesterday. Keirin, the cycling behind the "motorcycle", a dutch guy gets disqualified because he was in the Polish lane. Semi's. Same Polish guy falls while riding like zero km an hour, and takes the Dutch medal change away by taking our best rider down. What a tourney on the downside, unbelievable...im still sad over it.

And than men's soccer we lose in extra time to Argentina, while we have major chances just before the 90 minutes end. Finally they played a very good game, and still a loss..no good day for us.

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Nah, classless is a judge penalizing him for something he didn't actually do after the sesssion was over and then refusing to talk it over or listen to an appeal where they would've realized there was a mistake.

They stripped him of the bronze but it's not like he'll care.

Eggsactly. What's classless is the corrupt FILA bigshots.

Michael Phelps: 7 down, 1 to go

What a finish last night!

That was unreal. Phelps was 7th at the turn, about 3rd mid-way in the 2nd lap and looked beat at the wall... and wins it!

How about Lightning Bolt? 21 yrs old gorging on fried chicken wins the 100m 0.20 seconds ahead of the 2nd guy while making the last 25 m with his arms flapping in the wind. Crazy

Our women's double took home another bronze which brings Canada's total up to 5. :clap:

I figured we'd see a flurry of medals once the rowing got to it's finals. Theres still a few more finals to go today (including, again, the Men's 8 which we're expected to get the gold in. Starts in 1.5 hours) so we should get a couple more hopefully. We've got another wrestler in a bronze medal match as well.

Actually Men's 4 is about to start, Canada has a shot here....and just watched it. We really faded about halfway through and Poland made a huge push. We had a stranglehold on silver but ended up with bronze.

Up to 6 now!

Edited by jetsniper

Gold in the Men's 8 for Canada!

We should've had bronze in the Women's 8 too but the Netherlands came out of nowhere in the last 250 to pass Canada and Romania so we ended up in 4th. Randi Miller got a BS takedown on Durgenier or we would've taken bronze there too.

Stayed up for the Men's 8 though so I can go to bed happy.

We should've had bronze in the Women's 8 too but the Netherlands came out of nowhere in the last 250 to pass Canada and Romania so we ended up in 4th. Randi Miller got a BS takedown on Durgenier or we would've taken bronze there too.

What a race was that, a real thriller...what a finnish by the dutch...how bad our day was yesterday, today we do fine with 1 gold and two silver..Waterpolo ladys to the semis and our dutch cyclers are picking it up...

Also enjoyed Phelps, what a man....

What a race was that, a real thriller...what a finnish by the dutch...how bad our day was yesterday, today we do fine with 1 gold and two silver..Waterpolo ladys to the semis and our dutch cyclers are picking it up...

Also enjoyed Phelps, what a man....

Kind of bittersweet for me. Any other country and I could just be outright mad at them but no, it had to be the Dutch.