• Sat Oct 11 Maple Leafs
    • Mon Oct 13 Flyers
    • Wed Oct 15 Bruins
    • Sat Oct 18 Coyotes
    • Mon Oct 20 Panthers
    • Sat Oct 25 Ducks
    • Tue Oct 28 Hurricanes
    • Thu Oct 30 Wild

Ok I am not a big fan of hockey fights, and I think Georges will primarily contribute with his play and not his punches. BUT, it's been awhile since the Habs had a guy comfortable with dropping the gloves.

And since the Sundin rumors have subsided and August is the month that hates hockey, let's get this going:

When will Georges Laraque have his first regular season scrap? Pick the date/team for one point, get bonus points if you identify the guy he will fight and the decisive blow.

My Pick: Flyers. Right straight punch dispatches Riley Cote :B)

I'm not a huge fan of fighting. But, I cannot. Freaking. Wait. I just hope I attend a game that he fights in.

PS: What's his new nickname going to be? St. George?

anything close to knuckles and I'll be very happy !!

anything close to knuckles and I'll be very happy !!

Blasphemy! ;) Knuckles will always be reserved for Nilan. We should come up with something else for Laraque!

Riley Cote : Fight review. Quote from hockeyfight.com

Jan 24, 2008 1pd 02:19 @ PHI PIT Georges Laraque

Comments: Right off of the faceoff they drop the gloves and square off at centre ice. They grab ahold of each other and Laraque throws a quick left. Cote falls to the ice but Laraque allows him to get back up. They spin around and Laraque starts to connect with numerous lefts, knocking Cote's helmet off and rocking him. Cote throws a left of his own but it comes up short. Laraque continues to land with lefts until Cote throws another left, knocking both off-balance and to the ice.

Voted winner: Georges Laraque (94.7%) - Voted rating: 7.

I would very much like to see that happen against Philly first game.

And for a nick name Big Georges or simpy Georges is frightning enough.

^_^ The obvious nickname is Gorgeous George, after the wrestler who inspired Mohammed Ali.

in the movie Snatch, gorgeous Georges gets knocked out by one mickey's punch.

Blasphemy! ;) Knuckles will always be reserved for Nilan. We should come up with something else for Laraque!

it was more an hommage to Nilan than anything else !! Besides, Laraque speaks wayyy better english than Nilan :lol:

^_^ The obvious nickname is Gorgeous George, after the wrestler who inspired Mohammed Ali.

From what I've heard, Josh Gorges was referred to as "Gorgeous Gorges" in SJ.

I think it's going to be against Carcillo of the Coyotes, because the two were traded for one another two seasons ago at the trade deadline. Time to prove who won that deal.

As far as nicknames, I like "Furious George" or "Blackjack Laraque".

I'll say against the Leafs!! There will be blood on the ice :P (Belak will be the victim)

Too bad tucker won't be there anymore to take a beating from komisarek!!!

Le Gros Georges draws a weird parallel with Le Gros Bill.

I like Gorgeous Georges for the wrestling throwback.

Other ideas: The Bell Bomber (Joe Louis was the Brown Bomber), The Laval Lip (Ali was The Louisville Lip), Big Georges (Like Foreman)

I have to say Buffalo vs Peters.

Peters is too dumb not to try it, and I'm sure George wants to get the first one under his belt and send a message as quick as possible.

Laraque wins with a left hook on the button

Hopefully the first time someone runs Price he'll drop the gloves. I'm kind of tired of watching the goalies getting abused.

It sure will be nice watching a team not hiding from confrontations.

Hopefully the first time someone runs Price he'll drop the gloves. I'm kind of tired of watching the goalies getting abused.

It sure will be nice watching a team not hiding from confrontations.

Excellent point. Laraque will definitely help our poor goalies out. Other teams will think twice before running into our goalies! :clap:

Like everyone has said before, the addition of Laraque makes everyone on this team 2 inches taller (hehehe!! That would Komisarek 6'6" and even meaner!!! :angry:;):wall: )