Soccer

Dutch_Habs_Fan

Well, to be serious, you are right. Zlatan can be very dirty at times. I think his problem is that he is so young. He needs to mature and cool down and use his energy where it's needed. If he could just focus more on playing, he'd be impossible to stop. He's one of the most talented Swedish soccer players in a long, long time and we have very high hopes for him.

When he started 2 play for AJax Amsterdam, the first season he made so many fouls, unbelievable. A lot of Elbowing. But after a while he played better and made less fouls. But the Zlatan i saw yesterday was the old Zlatan. He injured 4 players, 3 of them are teammates of him @ ajax. Dunno if that's the intention of a friendly is. I think he never learns (i won't say he isn't good, cuz he has a lot of potential!!)

Maybe I have the eyes of a Swede, but I think Zlatan took some too.

And to him this game meant much more than just friendship. It was Holland who beat Sweden in Euro 2004 and I can imagine the peeks he must have got in Holland.

I read a article in the newspaper today that the swedish press also thought it was not right what Zlatan did. Burned him down again, just like after his missed penalty??

But now the playersgroup of ajax is not 2 happy about it. I think there are some problems there, kinda like that, hehe cuz i don't care about Ajax. It SHould have happened a week earlier, we just lost last weekend 2 them 2-3!(the team i support)

Off course it was stupid to hurt someone else in a game that was supposed to be friendly. I doubt noone would ever say something else. Even Swedish media.

But I also think Zlatan sometime gets to much. He gave some and he took some.

You're right that he takes a lot of abuse himself, but what he has to learn is to handle it right. I'm pretty sure a guy like Henke Larsson takes at least as much abuse, but you don't ever see him lashing out, taking revenge and loosing his focus on the right things. Focusing on the right things is essential, that is one thing that seperates the good players from the great players.

Zlatan is probably the most promising technically skilled soccer player Sweden has had in a long long time (even though I personally have even more faith in Kim Källström, who I think is THE brightest future star as he is a more complete player). I fear though that Zlatan will not live up to the high expectations if he cannot learn to channel his energy the right way.

[Edited on 2004/8/20 by Doktor Kosmos]

I don't know if I agree. Henkrik Larsson is a nice person whom everybody seems to like. Zlatan is cooky kid and he played versus his teammates and the team that beat Sweden out of Euro 2004.

A lot off big stars are not that nice, Strikers get hit a lot in matches, so they react/respond on that. Marco van Basten, Bergkamp, Zidane, the all do. But i think Zlatan is a little bit over the edge. I think soccer has 2 be hard, its not Ballet, but i think zlatan shows it 2 obvious, and does 2 much.

And yes he has a lot of talent, i think these things stand in the way of a great carreer, he has 2 deal with it.

Another big talent, check out the new striker of the dutch national team> Collins John! Came from Fc Twente (yes the club 1 like) and now plays for Fulham in the Premierleague. He's going 2 be great! Only 19 years old.

Majstorovic used to play for my hometown team; Västerås Sport Klubb. I don't know too much about him though. But I remember everyone thought it was terrible when he left Västerås for Malmö, he was one of our best players.

Aside from being big and strong like you said, I believe he's good inside the penelty box; he's quite tall and good at headers to clear the ball, and he often joins the attack when Malmö gets corners. From what I see on the sports news every now and then he also seems to have offensive talents as well.

[Edited on 2004/8/25 by Doktor Kosmos]

He's not a star in the Swedish leauge so don't expect anything big. But a strong and solid defender. A player who's respected in Sweden. I think Daniel Majstorovis is our eight or seventh inner defender in Sweden today.

@dinamo: A friend, who is also originally from Croatia, just told me that some fans attacked players from their own team - Dinamo Zagreb. He said it was after they lost 0-1 to Zapresic ... 2 players were attacked after the game, because they played"not good enough for them". Do you know more about it? Anyways, crazy guys ... :o

No surprise here.....it is bound to happen from time to time.

Hooligansim is pretty common in Europe. I've been to a couple of games and fighting with the opposing fans is nothing new. Apparantly, the incident involving the dinamo Zagreb player and the BBB (Bad Blue Boys, dinamo Zagreb's fanatical club), was in front of the Sheraton hotel, apparantly a fan jumped a player on the team after they returned from the game and headlocked the player screaming something like "aren't you ashamed of being here". Another incident soon followed with fans throwing stones at a couple of players in a car stopped at the traffic light by the stadium, shattered the glass and cut up another players arm, from what i've been told.

This is a reality when 'fanatics' expect more from the team, especially after a miserable start to the season, 1 win, 4 ties, and 1 loss, 11 pts from the top of the table. In North America, I think only the Monreal Canadiens fans are capable of doing this, this is a passion for the team to do better, and play better, play with passion, the way the game is meant to be played, If they don't play good the players know about it, being jeered constantly, poor attendance, media scrutiny , etc. That is why there is a buzz for all Canadiens fans this comming year as we look to do better in the standings as well as be in contention for the Stanley Cup.

[Edited on 2004/8/31 by dinamo]

Several Swedish sports news sources say Zlatan Ibrahimovic is leaving Ajax for Juventus. He is to sign the contract tomorrow.

Wayne Rooney is also leaving Everton for ManU.

[Edited on 2004/8/31 by Doktor Kosmos]

Yes, hooligans are a problem here in Europe ... I'm a die hard England fan and have also watched several games live in London. I guess over there they have the biggest problems with hools, though they are mostly in lower divisions.

Here in Austria there are also some idiots who always fight after games, especially they guys from Vienna. Everytime they go to away games they need an extra police bus because they just fight for fun ... :wall:

Whats curious about this action in Croatia is that they attacked their own players ... normally the hools "just" fight with the enemy fan groups. Anyways, this all has nothing to do with sports, but what can you do against it?!

Yes Zlatan Ibrahimovic will move to Juve for about 19 milllion.

"Roonaldo" will move to Man U for 37 million!! ... it's very good for his future and it's for sure that he will be a dominant force in the Europe football for years to come. :/)

yes a lot has happened the last day before closing the Transferr market for a half year. FcTwente Signed Daniel Majstorovic from Malmo! Glad he joins us.

And yes Zlatan leaves Holland, and it's 16 million ;)

Can't believe the strikers Man U had now. RvN/Rooney/Saha and Allen Smith. 4 great strikers, which 2 will be the main duo you guys think? Ik think Ruud and Rooney!

BTW, ajax is doomed, the substitute for Zlatan couldn't get through medical checkup, so they didn't sign him. NOw they just have 2 less than average strikers. They can forget the Championsleague now!!

They should have picked up Tevez from Boca Juniors, great striker and dominated the Olympics!!

Sorry my mistake, indeed it were "only" 16 million. But I don't really understand Ajax ... they have a great stadium, lots of fans, a great history and every year they have to give up their best players. They will never win something big like the CL in the next years if they are constantly moving the best players out of Amsterdam?!

I would also go with Ruud and Rooney, perhaps they can also move Smith to the midfield.

The situation Ajax is in is the same my club is in. Every talent and great player moves from our clubs 2 the big 3 in Holland, or 2 a foreign club. Just because they can pay the players more money. Thats the true story about the dutch competition. We get big talents, and when they are good enough, they move elsewhere. All about the money. Unfortunate, but thats it is.

Ruud and Rooney, what a combination that will be *drool*

Yes that's the problem but why is it so? The Netherlands have one of the biggest football market in Europe but they have big problems in the international tournaments (except Feyenord's Uefa Cup win 2 seasons ago) and to keep good, young players. The money should be there, football is the Nr. 1 sport there and they also have a good national team ...

For example: Ajax has about 40.000 spectators every game and also a great merchandising market, so they must make something wrong?!

Our market isn't that big. We have some big sponsors, not as much as in other countries. And as we say, we are a small country, so our Tv sponsorships aren't that big. In England that's huge. In England you always see teams that are out of the premiership fall back because the difference in tv incomes is that big. (especially when they don't return within a year)

And in other countries you see clubs with major debts, in holland that's not possible.

Of course you've only 16 million but what's for example with Portugal? They also don't get much TV revenues, sponsorship ( I think you can compare them to the Netherlands) but as FC Porto (though they showed such an ugly football last season :puke: :P ) shows you, they can have success in the big European tournaments.

Ajax has such a great merchandising market, they have lots of fans arround Europe and they also have a great history. But in the last 10-15 years they began to struggle ... meanwhile they are in a rebuilding mode, but to move someone like Zlatan doesn't fit in ... ;)

[Edited on 2-9-04 by habsfannr1]