The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

Honestly, I just needed somewhere to say Brady is probably done for the season. The Nothing thread just wouldn't do it justice. I can't wait till next week. I hate to celebrate injuries but I just can't help it on this one.

Jett Favre looked great today and the revamped D looked great as well. The kicker fiasco today sucked though and we almost lost the game because we had no one to kick an extra point. Mangenious better work on that.

Haven't really looked at much else across the league although I know Chicago beat Indy (say what!?) and I'm going to start week 1 off with a win in all of my fantasy leagues. Thankfully decided to swap Favre in for Hasselbeck on one team last night and swapped Parker in for Jones-Drew who went out and had a monster game against the Texans.

And let's try and keep rivalry hate to a minimum. The entire AFC East is represented here so things could get out of hand. Stealth is a Patriots fan, obviously I'm a Jets fan and Noah is a Bills fan. Theres a Phins fan here too but I forget his username.

Edited by jetsniper

The most important game has yet to be played.... Broncos vs. Faiders!!!

Glad to see the Chargers and Colts lose.

Decent football day, didn't like all the injuries though.

P.S.: Jets I have Favre and will trade him to you in the Yahoo League :contract:

Pretty sure you've already offered him to me once and I turned it down, haha

The most important game has yet to be played.... Broncos vs. Faiders!!!

Glad to see the Chargers and Colts lose.

Decent football day, didn't like all the injuries though.

P.S.: Jets I have Favre and will trade him to you in the Yahoo League :contract:

That was a heck of a win the Broncos had against the Chargers yesterday. Went for two and got it.

I wasn't surprised the Jets lost yesterday. I wasn't sure what everyone was expecting but just losing Tom Brady really isn't a big deal when it comes to that team. If they lost Moss, Welker, Seymour, Warren and Wilfork as well then I would've expected the Jets to be favoured. I really like our new look defense though, sacked Cassel three times yesterday. I think the Patriots O-Line is starting to look old and slow as well though so who knows what played a bigger part.

Massive test next week as we've got the Chargers on MNF. Not really expecting a win again, our schedule doesn't get easy till about week 6.

I wasn't surprised the Jets lost yesterday. I wasn't sure what everyone was expecting but just losing Tom Brady really isn't a big deal when it comes to that team. If they lost Moss, Welker, Seymour, Warren and Wilfork as well then I would've expected the Jets to be favoured. I really like our new look defense though, sacked Cassel three times yesterday. I think the Patriots O-Line is starting to look old and slow as well though so who knows what played a bigger part.

I agree completely. They obviously won't be world beaters like they were last year, but with all the talent that team has has at receiver and running back, it would take a complete bum to keep them from winning games.

I agree completely. They obviously won't be world beaters like they were last year, but with all the talent that team has has at receiver and running back, it would take a complete bum to keep them from winning games.

Are you implying the Giants are bigger than the world? Gutsy call, mate. Gutsy call. New York's football Giants: Masters of the Universe.

:P

I am SO pissed off I decided to sit Ronnie Brown last night on the one fantasy team I have him on.

4 rushing TDs and one passing TD as the Phins stomped all over the Patriots. Good thing the Pats have a bye next week. I'm also stuck in the conflictions of playing fantasy football (who isn't though?). San Diego isn't sure if LT is going to play or not tomorrow night. On one hand I'm a Jets fan and it would be fantastic news if he didnt. On the other, I've got LT on two of my teams and could use the help.

I think the Chargers are going to win tomorrow night anyway. I won't even see most of the game since Terminator has a new episode and Heroes premieres.

I am SO pissed off I decided to sit Ronnie Brown last night on the one fantasy team I have him on.

I did the same...hard to bench Turner and Bush with the matchups they had though...

Vikes season completely turned on that Winfield fumble recovery...without that we might be looking at 0-3 and the end of the line. Go Gus!

I did the same...hard to bench Turner and Bush with the matchups they had though...

Vikes season completely turned on that Winfield fumble recovery...without that we might be looking at 0-3 and the end of the line. Go Gus!

I decided to go with Ryan Grant instead of Brown so I'm feeling a little sick. I figured both would get absolutely stuffed with the defenses they were playing and Grant had a tiny bit more upside over Brown since Green Bay is the better team.

Of course I think about it now and Rodgers is probably just going to keep airing it out all the time.

I love that my Broncos are 3-0 but two games we got pretty lucky. The blown call against San Diego, two missed field goals vs. New Orleans. I'm hoping to see the Jets win this week. I would love for the Chargerettes start off 0-3 :lol::clap:

I'd love to see the Jets win tonight as well but I don't think it's going to happen. :(

The Chargers run D has sucked so far, I'm hoping T.J has a big game. Our offensive play-calling is just way too conservative though for Brett Favre to be most effective. It's not Pennington anymore guys, we can afford to throw bombs a little more often.

what can I say about my 3-0 Bills. What a great start to the season. Alone in first place and the only incredibly tough games left on the schedule are San Diego and Denver. The rest (Miami, Miami, New England, New England, Jets, Jets, St. Louis, Arizona, Kansas City, San Francisco, Cleveland) are all arguably 'winnable' games.

The future is bright in Buffalo :).

what can I say about my 3-0 Bills. What a great start to the season. Alone in first place and the only incredibly tough games left on the schedule are San Diego and Denver. The rest (Miami, Miami, New England, New England, Jets, Jets, St. Louis, Arizona, Kansas City, San Francisco, Cleveland) are all arguably 'winnable' games.

The future is bright in Buffalo :).

I pray they make it to the Stupor Bowl and then blow it in the last minute again. Best four years ever in the NFL watching that.

So I only need 2 points out of Roethlisberger tonight to win in all 4 of my leagues. Favre basically won one of my games all on his own. I was surprised that was a new career high too, 6 TDs in a game seems like something he would've done before. He hasn't even thrown 5 in a game since 1998. I was mistaken as well, our bye is this week, not next. This is where it gets better now if you look at it.

Vs Cincinnati

@ Oakland

Vs KC

@ Buffalo

Vs St.Louis

@ New England

@ Tennessee

Vs Denver

@ San Francisco

Vs Buffalo

@ Seattle

Vs Miami

I see 7 winnable games, 2 more that are up in the air and who knows, we might be able to upset Buffalo (who is the best team in the league right now IMO). That would make us 12-4 which is still probably unrealistic for the Jets but I don't think 10-6 is out of the question. Especially if our play-calling is more aggressive like it was yesterday. Our D went into a shell in the 3rd quarter and it almost hurt us, the same way it almost did against Miami in Week 1.

Steelers nearly had me going with flashbacks of last weeks debacle against Philly. Thankfully, they got it together just in time to pull out the win.

And Favre killed me this week. Thus far, in one of my money leagues, I've been getting spanked by QBs...McNabb in week 1, Cutler, Manning (Eli), and now Favre. Can't a QB have an off week please?

Wow...how did we ever pull that one off?

Season is officially saved. Hopefully the team will get the special teams in order after Bush romped for what should have been 3 punt return TDs.

Lions next week, i like the odds of a 3-3 record...

• 2 months later...

I was glad we didn't make the playoffs yesterday, hopefully that means Mangina will be fired. I won't complain if Favre doesn't return as well (won't mind if he does return either). It was almost sweet to see Pennington give the Jets what they deserve. I spent a lot of time defending him from other Jets fans and now he's gotten the last laugh. We never would've gone anywhere with him anyway but still. Miami suits him better.

Also there was another setback with Tom Brady's recovery and it's looking like he'll miss the entire 2009 season if he has to go in for another surgery. Rough day for the Patriots, they go 11-5 with all those injuries and still miss the playoffs.

Go Panthers, my other favourite team and who I think is the favourite to win the Super Bowl. Now on the flip side, they've been very entertaining to watch. Peppers is my favourite player in the league and he had a monster bounceback year (contract season) plus Deangelo Williams is beastly.

And the Lions go 0-16! I really wanted to see that happen, thanks Green Bay!

I was glad we didn't make the playoffs yesterday, hopefully that means Mangina will be fired. I won't complain if Favre doesn't return as well (won't mind if he does return either). It was almost sweet to see Pennington give the Jets what they deserve. I spent a lot of time defending him from other Jets fans and now he's gotten the last laugh. We never would've gone anywhere with him anyway but still. Miami suits him better.

Also there was another setback with Tom Brady's recovery and it's looking like he'll miss the entire 2009 season if he has to go in for another surgery. Rough day for the Patriots, they go 11-5 with all those injuries and still miss the playoffs.

Go Panthers, my other favourite team and who I think is the favourite to win the Super Bowl. Now on the flip side, they've been very entertaining to watch. Peppers is my favourite player in the league and he had a monster bounceback year (contract season) plus Deangelo Williams is beastly.

And the Lions go 0-16! I really wanted to see that happen, thanks Green Bay!

Press conference today in NYC. your wish will become reality !!