The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

The 16.1 million is not guaranteed.

It only becomes guaranteed if RGIII is injured. If it is purely performance based, you can cut him (Hence why there is almost 0 chance the Redskins will play him this year).

You're right, my bad. Though had Dallas dealt for him and played him, he'd have probably gotten injured before too long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thursday night games have been a dud (except in the money department, of course) for the most part but the finish between Green Bay and Detroit last night will go down as one of the more memorable endings in recent memory. That was a really dumb face mask penalty to take to give the Packers that one last chance.

• 1 month later...

3 teams have filed requests to move to LA next season - San Diego, St. Louis, and Oakland. It's believed one or two will get the green light to move. It's also thought that if two teams can move, both will eventually play out of the same stadium, similar to the two New York teams currently (and, coincidentally, both Los Angeles NBA teams).

There have been a couple of odd endings in the playoffs so far:

Cincy comes back from down 15 to Pittsburgh in the 4th, gets the lead, has possession inside two minutes, fumbles, and takes two 15-yard penalties to set up a game winning field goal by the Steelers.

Minnesota leads through three quarters, gives up the lead to Seattle, gets the ball back late and then they miss a 27 yard field goal which would have given them the lead with 20 seconds left.

And then there was KC/HOU which was basically over after the opening kickoff. Oh well, 2/3 ain't bad.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It was weird not hearing Mike Tirico on the early Monday Night Football game last night. (We won't hear much of him this season at all in NFL games as he's the #2 guy at NBC.)

The second MNF game was a dud but Kevin Harlan's radio call of a drunk guy running on the field was fantastic:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/kevin-harlan-call-of-fan-running-on-field-was-worth-enduring-that-awful-game.html

• 3 months later...

So off to Los Angeles the San Diego Chargers go to join the previously relocated Rams. 

That's very unfortunate for the San Diego fan base to lose the team they love. 56 years in the San Diego market. Were never really a successful team but the fans showed up. Too bad politics and a greedy owner/NFL got in the way. Just couldn't get the Stadium built and now the NFL gets their wish of two teams in LA. I personally don't feel this will be a good move for the Chargers since they won't have the fan base that the Rams have. No real history in the LA area. Probably will also feel like a road game whenever the Raiders come to town. Sure they will make lots of money on the move but the fans lose in the end. 

Since the Stadium in Inglewood isn't ready yet they will play at the 30,000 Stub Hub center for the time being which is incredibly small considering the other NFL stadium capacities.

This move also likely helps pave the way for the Raiders to move to Las Vegas soon.  I think San Diego had the first option to move to LA with Oakland getting the second.  With the Chargers taking it, Las Vegas seems to be their Plan B.

Ya seeming more and more like that will be the outcome. If they do go ahead with the move to Vegas it will be interesting how they go about the transition. There is really no temporary stadium in Las Vegas that would be able to host the team until their new stadium would be ready. I also highly doubt the NFL or the Raiders would want to continue to play in Oakland for those years since there would be a lot of resentment and no one would show up for the games. Could look at other temporary cities to host for a couple of years as they have done in the past with the Houston Oilers relocation. 

Either way with the moves of these teams with such heritage it seems like the NFL is losing a bit of its soul. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be cheering on the Patriots. I'm a big Michigan fan so that in turn that means I'm a Brady fan. At 39 there can't be too many more opportunities to further cement his legacy. 

Even though the Pats should win, I have a feeling in my gut that the Falcons offence will be too powerful and will sneak away with the win. 

What in the world were the Falcons thinking?  Up 8, in field goal range with only a few minutes to go, and they kept dropping back to pass instead of just running the ball and going for the 3 points.  That would have made it a two possession game and would have sealed it.  Terrible play calling from them down the stretch and it came back to bite them.

Ya it was pretty bad. All they had to do was eat some clock and then put three more on the board. Bet that will hurt for a long time but sure made a great Super Bowl. Though the Falcons play calling was terrible especially at the end, full props have to be given to the Patriots. Coming back from 25 points is no easy feat especially when you consider it was midway through the third quarter. Most teams would have given up. In my mind one of the greatest Super Bowls of all-time.

Though I know its a bit of a partial opinion and some may say just cause of recent events, but I believe Brady to be the greatest QB to ever play the game.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...