The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

After looking at the full draft class for my Bills I have to admit I'm very happy:

1. CJ Spiller

-not the biggest need on the team, but arguably the most dangerous player in the entire draft. Believe it or not, this guy ran a FASTER 40 time than Chris Johnson did.

2. Torrell Troup

-bit of a reach here IMO, but Troup will be a solid NT in the new 3-4, guys is young, plays hard and anchors well against the run.

3. Alex Carrington

-Steal of the draft for the Bills I think. He is the perfect 5 technique DE who should be able to play right from day one.

4. Marcus Easley

With Josh Reed and Owens gone they needed depth at WR. Easley has shown a ton of determination to get this far and he should be an excellent slot receiver.

5. Ed Wang

-another steal, Wang has a ton of Left Tackle potential. Graded out as a 3rd round pick, getting him in the 5th is a huge get for the team. Now the bills will have a Wang, Wood and Levitre starting on their offensive line :P.

6. Arthur Moats

-A DE in college, Moats will play at inside linebacker for the Bills and has the size to do it. I love drafting these small school stars because generally they have so much untapped potential.

6. Danny Batten

-Another small school DE, except he will end up playing as an outside linebacker, great pass rushing instincts gives us good depth here.

7. Levi Brown

Finally a QB. Small school, lots of potential, long term project who can easily be the #3 QB for a while.

7. Kyle Calloway

Graded as a 3rd-4th round prospect, getting him in the 7th is excellent value. Played RT in college, but likely a guard in the pros.

I know that most will criticize the Bills for not drafting a QB, but here's how I see it. There's no way that we're contending this season. Looking at the Jets, Pats and Fins we know that this will be a lost year. I fully expect to be drafting in the top five next season.

Anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that next year's QB class projects as being one of the best in the last ten years.

Jake Locker - Washington

Andrew Luck - Stanford

Ryan Mallett - Arkansas

Pat Devlin - Delaware

I fully expect one of these guys to be a Bill next year.

Well I gotta say being a Lions fan its been tough. Never have sported a good team.....but I think they are on the way back to respectability. I like the players that they drafted and they showed that they were about winning when they opened up the checkbook and got some good free agents in Kyle Vanden Bosch and Nate Burleson. They have also made some tades that I feel will help them out.

All I can really do is hope. We need a good season.....it would be about time.

Well I gotta say being a Lions fan its been tough. Never have sported a good team.....but I think they are on the way back to respectability. I like the players that they drafted and they showed that they were about winning when they opened up the checkbook and got some good free agents in Kyle Vanden Bosch and Nate Burleson. They have also made some tades that I feel will help them out.

All I can really do is hope. We need a good season.....it would be about time.

The Lions have done a solid job rebuilding their team. I was hoping they'd land Suh months ago and they did which is going to be huge for them. Finally got some weapons up front as well. Stafford is going to be awesome.

The Lions have done a solid job rebuilding their team. I was hoping they'd land Suh months ago and they did which is going to be huge for them. Finally got some weapons up front as well. Stafford is going to be awesome.

Hopefully Suh works out!!!! I'm used to the Lions drafting a guy and then two years later he's cut by the Lions and is a felon on the streets.  Ya I think having two very good receivers will help in Johnson and Burleson. 

Broncos sign two guys from Notre Dame, Kyle McCarthy and Paul Duncan. McCarthy's speed is what kept him from being drafted, but he makes big plays and could easily make the squad on special teams. Duncan is an average lineman, I don't see him making an NFL roster. Of course, if there is one position Notre Dame continually pumps out, it's linemen.

Broncos sign two guys from Notre Dame, Kyle McCarthy and Paul Duncan. McCarthy's speed is what kept him from being drafted, but he makes big plays and could easily make the squad on special teams. Duncan is an average lineman, I don't see him making an NFL roster. Of course, if there is one position Notre Dame continually pumps out, it's linemen.

You should have told me that Kyle McCarthy was like Golden Tate but with a higher ceiling and that Duncan is like our other ND product Ryan Harris. That would make me happy.

You should have told me that Kyle McCarthy was like Golden Tate but with a higher ceiling and that Duncan is like our other ND product Ryan Harris. That would make me happy.

Comparing McCarthy to Tate would be a little weird, considering one is a WR and the other is a safety. As mentioned, not the most physically gifted guy in the world, but he managed to come up with important interceptions and was the team's top tackler the last two years. He gives 100% and just tends to make things happen. I don't know much about the Broncos special teams, but he and David Bruton would be a solid pair of gunners in my opinion.

Comparing McCarthy to Tate would be a little weird, considering one is a WR and the other is a safety. As mentioned, not the most physically gifted guy in the world, but he managed to come up with important interceptions and was the team's top tackler the last two years. He gives 100% and just tends to make things happen. I don't know much about the Broncos special teams, but he and David Bruton would be a solid pair of gunners in my opinion.

Oh don't know what made me think he was a WR. David Bruton is a hell of a ST player but he is supposed to be a starting safety after this season.

• 6 months later...

A month after being dealt to the Vikings after a press conference tirade, Randy Moss is waived by the Vikings after another (much better) presser tirade. Well, that and dogging it on a potential TD throw. This is terrific news...my fantasy TE may actually have value again.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There was a scary story at the trade deadline. For one, Carson Palmer fetched a 1st and a 2nd that could become a 1st, that was more lunacy than scary though. The other somewhat notable deal saw the Lions and Eagles swap backup running backs, Jerome Harrison for Ronnie Brown. However, during Harrison's physical in Philly, they discovered a brain tumour which obviously nixed the deal. As much as you might normally be mad at a team for giving up on you, I can't help but think Harrison feels a little bit of gratitude to Detroit. Had he not been dealt, the tumour would've went unnoticed which could have been disastrous later on. The trade may very well have saved his life.

• 4 weeks later...

Von Miller has quickly become my favourite Denver Bronco. I haven't been this excited about a player on the defensive side of the ball in a LONG time.

I think he has a great chance to beat the rookie sack record this year. Sitting at 9.5, needs 5 to tie Kearse's record.

Also Time Tebow is now 4-1 as a starter this year. It's unbelievable really. First 3 quarters he is the worst QB in the league, and then he just takes over. If it wasn't for our defense playing so well this year and keeping games close till the 4th quarter we'd be in bad shape.

I thought the Chiefs were bad enough as it was this year but now they're using a QB who just 2 years ago sat on the Montreal Alouettes' practice roster? Boy was the Monday nighter bad...though good in the pool of course.

We have a trifecta of Turkey Day games tomorrow, I'm most looking forward to the GB-DET matchup. SF-BAL will be decent too but I prefer the high end offenses.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Tebow is unstoppable. Given his typical statline, I think the Broncos should start BQ and play him for three quarters, then bring in Tebow to cement things in the 4th. Tim Tebow is the answer to the question of where LeBron's 4th quarter went.

Tim Tebow is unstoppable. Given his typical statline, I think the Broncos should start BQ and play him for three quarters, then bring in Tebow to cement things in the 4th. Tim Tebow is the answer to the question of where LeBron's 4th quarter went.

hahahahahaha

• 4 weeks later...