The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

So, who are you rooting for ?

lol

Actually, I haven't really followed the 'Phins since the Marino days, but have had a soft spot for them. I suppose I follow the Steelers and the Bears. I also like to watch awesome individual performances. Like that of Peyton Manning this past week. Mostly, though, I just like to see a good game. I'm partial to a great running attack, so those teams get my attention (See: Miami and Minnesota recently). I despise the Bills (LOVED when they lost four straight Stupor Bowls - best streak EVER), the New York Footballing Giants - partially because they have to put that Football crap in there, and the Jets... because I hate everything New York. :D

Having said that, the Jets defensive co-ordinator has these fantastic blitzes that are awesome to see. High risk, but high reward.

I grew up on the Steelers (because that's who dad watched), I followed the Bears very closely in the McMahon days (Sweetness!!! and the Fridge) and saw their perfect season, and as I mentioned I loved Marino. Overall, a very good quarterback, but as far as I've seen anyhow, the best pure passer IMO. Shame they never supplied him with a running game to speak of, nor a real defense most of the time. I remember he would win shootouts against most teams - particularly the Jets. 54-51 or something obnoxious like that. Those were the days.

lol

Actually, I haven't really followed the 'Phins since the Marino days, but have had a soft spot for them. I suppose I follow the Steelers and the Bears. I also like to watch awesome individual performances. Like that of Peyton Manning this past week. Mostly, though, I just like to see a good game. I'm partial to a great running attack, so those teams get my attention (See: Miami and Minnesota recently). I despise the Bills (LOVED when they lost four straight Stupor Bowls - best streak EVER), the New York Footballing Giants - partially because they have to put that Football crap in there, and the Jets... because I hate everything New York. :D

Having said that, the Jets defensive co-ordinator has these fantastic blitzes that are awesome to see. High risk, but high reward.

I grew up on the Steelers (because that's who dad watched), I followed the Bears very closely in the McMahon days (Sweetness!!! and the Fridge) and saw their perfect season, and as I mentioned I loved Marino. Overall, a very good quarterback, but as far as I've seen anyhow, the best pure passer IMO. Shame they never supplied him with a running game to speak of, nor a real defense most of the time. I remember he would win shootouts against most teams - particularly the Jets. 54-51 or something obnoxious like that. Those were the days.

I hate everything NY too

My team is NE, but my favourite player is Roethlisberger

Payton Manning is great to watch too

Looks like the Mark Sanchez honeymoon is over. That was maybe the worst game by a QB I've seen in 10 years (and as a bills fan that's really saying something).

It was an ugly win, but I'll take it. Division win, on the road, defence forces six turnovers. How can I not be happy with that.

oh yah...

J-E-T-S SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

Yeah the Jets have officially dropped out of my top tier of teams. As have the Eagles, there is no excuse for losing to the Raiders.

Vikes were certainly lucky to win on Sunday and could be 4-2 at this point, but ill take it.

Last time we were 6-0 we missed the playoffs after one of the darkest moments of my life (McCown to Poole for anyone who forgets). I pray this year doesn't end in similar fashion...

Last time we were 6-0 we missed the playoffs after one of the darkest moments of my life (McCown to Poole for anyone who forgets). I pray this year doesn't end in similar fashion...

lol I wish this was my darkest moment... I'm still hanuted by "wide right" and the "music city miracle"

Edited by nhfarber

I've tried to write a post about the Jets a few times today but I just keep rambling about other stuff thats not really relevant. So I'm gonna bullet point this shit.

-Not really worried because I was expecting 4 wins out of the Jets this year. We've got 3 already and it's only October

-No Cotchery or Smith really helped the Bills with all the INTs. Sanchez made the rookie mistake of only locking on to his only useful receiver left

-We should just suck for the rest of the year to draft Dez Bryant (whether or not he gets to play again this season) because David Clowney and Wallace Wright are useless receivers. I thought that before the season though so thats not new.

-That was the 5th worst performance by a QB in NFL history, statistically. What can you do other then shrug and work on it for next week? We've got the Raiders and Asomugha will be all over Edwards though. I'm not into the immediate doom and gloom running rampant in the NY papers. New Yorkers are weird people anyway who I'm not all that fond of.

-Apparently Rex Ryan made some shitty, shitty decisions yesterday.

-Mad props to TJ. I thought he was done but he's still got gas left in the tank.

-Kris Jenkins is done for the season. Of everything that happened yesterday, thats the only thing that made me say FML.

Incredible bounceback game for the Jets. JaMarcus Russell (who has to be the worst starter in the league) is just what the doctor ordered. Shonn Greene showed his potential today and hopefully he can keep it up since Washington is done for the year. Injuries are really eating away at this team now. No Jenkins, no Cotchery, no Smith and now no Washington. Ellis left in the 2nd quarter too but the injury didn't sound as severe. Sanchez did a good job of looking around this time as well although Braylon got shut down by Asomugha

Not big on trash talk unless it's Edmonton either but I gotta say: lolphins. Hopefully we can get our revenge next week.

Might as well this week since I got the chance:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Edited by jetsniper

Incredible bounceback game for the Jets. JaMarcus Russell (who has to be the worst starter in the league) is just what the doctor ordered. Shonn Greene showed his potential today and hopefully he can keep it up since Washington is done for the year. Injuries are really eating away at this team now. No Jenkins, no Cotchery, no Smith and now no Washington. Ellis left in the 2nd quarter too but the injury didn't sound as severe. Sanchez did a good job of looking around this time as well although Braylon got shut down by Asomugha

Not big on trash talk unless it's Edmonton either but I gotta say: lolphins. Hopefully we can get our revenge next week.

Might as well this week since I got the chance:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

It must have been the hot dog.

Wow, my man Alex Smith almost did it with only 2 quarters of playing time. Shame he's been intercepted at the end.

Sanchez sure knows how to bounce back.... impressive for a kid...

Sanchez sure knows how to bounce back.... impressive for a kid...

Pretty easy for a QB to bounce back when he gets over 300 yards from the rushing game and only has to throw 15 passes.

Meanwhile, in Cleveland, we can expect to see Derek "Horse Balls" Anderson start at least 1 more game, as the team attempts to make sure he gets at least 31% of the offensive snaps this season. If Brady Quinn takes 70% of the offensive snaps, he earns an 11 million dollar bonus. After watching Anderson play these past 5 weeks, it's pretty clear that money is the only reason Quinn isn't back in there.

fair enough although it was against the Raiders.

12th best passing defense in the league

Pretty easy for a QB to bounce back when he gets over 300 yards from the rushing game and only has to throw 15 passes.

We got over 300 yards last week too yet the results were just a tad different.

We got over 300 yards last week too yet the results were just a tad different.

Yeah, but in addition to those 300 yards last week, they still had to throw 30 passes. This week, the runners were getting into the endzone, last week they weren't. Big difference there.

Yeah, but in addition to those 300 yards last week, they still had to throw 30 passes. This week, the runners were getting into the endzone, last week they weren't. Big difference there.

The only difference is Schottenheimer pulled his head out of his ass between games. Our runners didn't get into the endzone because he wouldn't let them.

I don't think getting close to 150 yards on only 9 completions is anything to sneeze at. I'd love for my QB to average 15.9 yards a pass, that was even better then what Burris did against the Eskies on Friday. The main difference in making it an impressive bounce back for him though was in his mechanics. He didn't lock his eyes onto one receiver, he was actually spreading the ball around, looked DBs off of receivers, wasn't forcing into places he shouldn't. He wasn't just coming off a bad game, he was coming off the 5th worst game in NFL history. The 180 he managed to pull was impressive, especially when also consider it was only his 7th NFL game ever.

What I loved was how apologetic he was after the game, haha. You'd think he shot someone.

It's just a hot dog, man. No one cares!

Oh, theres also a Rory-esque campaign going for Jamarcus Russell. http://vote4jamarcus.com/ The whole blog is hilarious.

Edited by jetsniper

Lameass game for the Jets. The Jets shot themselves in the foot so much you'd have to amputate it.

-Our special teams coverage needs work. A lot of it

-Rex Ryan needs to stop calling games like he's playing Madden

-Sanchez was fantastic up until the last 5 minutes. Then he played like crap. wtf.

-I miss Leon already

Oh yeah, Braylon had another sick catch. I'm starting to hope we re-sign the guy.

Edited by jetsniper