Markov Injured

Fanpuck33_

ahhh, that krazy Ex-Bruin... Is it just me... or is Markov alwayz getting smashed in the face?... IMO he should add on some weight/muscle... but either way, he still a great player, and hope the injury isnt too bad, so he will be able to return to the tourny, and ready for next season.

Markov's a frustrating defenseman to play against because he's so good at stripping players of the puck with just his stick. Most forwards know that if you lay the body on him, he's not very effective. So, they like taking runs at him, which sometimes ends up like it did in the game, with an elbow.

Guerin is a real dirty guy. The tournament is becoming pretty wild. I don't remember seeing a fight before in an international game. I think in the Olympics a fight = ejection from tourny. Am i right?

Originally posted by Markov79

I HATE GUERIN I HATE GUERIN I HATE GUERIN!

I remember that SOB kneed Markov in a very cheap way in the 2002 playoffs.....

At least a hit to the face isn't usually dangerous....

######ing ex-Bruins!!!!

I remember it well... he twice tried to take Markov out in that series.

That obvious intentional knee on knee hit, and while Markov was playing the puck behind our net as a period was coming to an end... Guerin charges him, with an elbow to the face for good measure.

Not only is Guerin a real cheap SOB, I think he personally has a long standing grudge with Markov... him taking Markov of all people out is not by accident IMO.

I truly hope somebody really pummels this guy just once before he retires... where's Perezhogin when you need him?.. hehe

If anyone deserves a two-hander to the face, it's Guerin.

The incident of him beating a teammate senseless in practice a few years ago was just sick & criminal.

Can't believe all those others players just let it happen, including the guy getting the beating and just taking it, I would have beat him senseless.

Originally posted by Macaskill

ahhh, that krazy Ex-Bruin... Is it just me... or is Markov alwayz getting smashed in the face?... IMO he should add on some weight/muscle... but either way, he still a great player, and hope the injury isnt too bad, so he will be able to return to the tourny, and ready for next season.

I think you got a point here. Markov is the kind of player who seems to get under the opposion's skin... and he does take a lot of shots, many to the head, as we saw in the Bruins' series last year...

[Edited on 2004/8/30 by JL]

I agree 100% Habs77.

I think the Guerin incident during a practice 2 years ago was twice as bad as the Bertuzzi hit.

It was just vicious and totally uncalled for.

I love Guerin as a player, great power-forward, but man does he not care about someone else's personal health.

Guerin should be in court before Bertuzzi if you ask me...:monkey:

• 2 months later...