Canada vs. USA

dinamo

I WISH... but ill be watching it from the comfort of my own home, with comentary instead...

GO CANADA GO!!!... I been wearing all my Canada gear for the past week... :D

I can't believe they called Konawalchuk for goalie interference when he was pushed into the goal, and then Brodeur pulled him back on top of him.

And how about Mario dropping the gloves? This World Cup is full of the most unlikely guys fighting.

Wooooooooooooo Canada Wins!....

I think Mario dropping the gloves shows the type of player he is....He knows he doesnt need to drop em (Knowing Iggy would have beat the shit out of konowalchuk anyway!) but he did becasue thats what all good leaders would do... Mario is all about the team, and he'll do anything to win!...

:ghg: Go :can:

PS: Somebody should have given Keith Tkachuk a good pounding as well.....:-^

i'm quite impressed with how we played tonight. If Esche wasn't playing as well as he was, the score would have been lopsided.

Too bad these games barely mean anything, it was rather intense at times though, i liked it.

I also thought it was cool to see guys like Mario, Halpern and Niedermayer put it all on the line for their countries.

:can::can::can:

Hmm, a one-sided review too. I know the game was largely to the Canadians advantage in the first, but after Canada held a 18-0 advantage in scoring chances, the US came back to have the next 15-3 advantage. Canada did dominate the first, but I'd say the last two were fairly even, if not a slight advantage to the Americans. Nice "impartial" calls at times by everyone's favorite official, too. Dumbass Frazier needs to be shot sometime soon.

(As my Swedish friends here in Denver say, everything about this World Cup is slighted towards a Canadian victory, and after tonight, I strongly concurr with their opinion.)

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

I can't believe they called Konawalchuk for goalie interference when he was pushed into the goal, and then Brodeur pulled him back on top of him.

And how about Mario dropping the gloves? This World Cup is full of the most unlikely guys fighting.

I agree, that call against Kono was complete BS. Mario will drop the gloves since he he automatically knows he'll have the entire team skating to his defence..no big shock there. I've never been a staunch supporter of American hockey, but to side with JR, I'm growing weary of Canadian arrogance when it comes to the sport. It's enough to make me root for the Rangers.

I was at the game and it was great to have everyone chating the national anthem.

I also liked the fact we respected the U.S.A. anthem too.

Exciting 1st but at times the game lacked a certain flow.

It was amazing to root for Mario, Sakic, Heatley, Brodeur...

Although I just couldn't cheer on Thornton that prick, I just couldn't....

And when Canada scored I was hi-fiving everyone but this one dude that had a Leafs jersey on...:D I just rejected the guy! lol

I though Canada played a GREAT 1st period. Than in the 2nd, Canada let the American get under their skin. I found the American were dirty, - running the goalie, hits from behind and more. Finally, Canada underperformed in the 3rd.

I don't expect a ref to call everything but I perceived them to favour the US.

These games are not meaningful and teams are using them to tweak their team but the reality is that US will not make it to the final with that team (less Modano).

Classless by the US? Konowalchuk was pushed into Brodeur, then Brodeur pulls him back on top of him. Then Mario just assume Konowalchuk was harassing Brodeur, so he starts throwing punches. Hits from behind? I saw them from both sides.

I agree the US is doubtful to go to the finals, but look what they did in this game. They lost Modano early, and their defense had already been decimated by injuries and contract disputes. Despite this, they only lost 2-1.

The US lost Modano, Big deal.....Canada lost jovanovski, and is already without two of the best dmen in the World in Blake and Pronger...

WE could also have Bertuzzi if he hadn't suckered Steve Moore..

I agree, that Canada is getting too arrogant when it comes to hockey..Most teams would naturally be happy if they won a silver or bronze, but here in Canada if we dont win Gold its a big dissapointment...

Thats all you can do though i guess, when 90% of our lives revolve around Hockey!...

:ghg: Go :can: Go

Great came... could have been a much higher score by Canada if it wasn't for Eche... he played fantastic!...

I have to agree... Brodeur should have gotten a penalty... but, wuts a Canada-US game without some contraversy eh?

Originally posted by Bonavistaman11

Canada is getting too arrogant when it comes to hockey..Most teams would naturally be happy if they won a silver or bronze, but here in Canada if we dont win Gold its a big dissapointment...

When you're the best team, your objective better be gold or bust... or else you're one hell of a loser.

No other team is as good or deep in all 3 phases, forwards, defence, and in goal.

- Sweden is sick offensively, and the D pretty good as well... but in goal sorry.

- USA has a better balance, but it's not quite up to par in all 3 phases... expect perhaps goal if Esche can keep it up.

- Slovakia has some dangerous players, but not quite the depth... especially on D, and goal.

- When the Czechs show up, which isn't often, they can score... the defense average and goalie unproven.

- Finland has the goaltender, but not the offensive punch of other elite teams.

- The fact 75% of Russians refused their invites, that has to hurt their depth in a major way.

- Germany, is well, Germany.

That doesn't mean Canada is unbeatable, but they sure as hell should be dissappointed with anything else than Gold.

Originally posted by Bonavistaman11

The US lost Modano, Big deal.....Canada lost jovanovski, and is already without two of the best dmen in the World in Blake and Pronger...

But Canada has a lot more depth on D. The US has lost Schneider, Hatcher, Leopold, and Rafalski. That is a lot worse than losing Jovo, Blake, and Pronger, simply because Canada has a much deeper talent base.

And to say "big deal" about losing Modano is ridiculous. He is one of the greatest American born players in NHL history, not to mention the leadership and experience he brings to the team. He is a MAJOR loss.

I dont have anything against Modano, he is a great player and he was definitely a big loss to the team...

But the complaint about losing Modano was like he would have meant the difference in the game...I was just saying that theres no point to talk about injuries making a difference in the game when Canada had 3 of the Worlds top dmen out and one of the games best power forwards in bertuzzi....

Either Way, Canada would still win....(and there goes the arrogant Canadian Hockey fan Side of me again!) haha...

:ghg: Go :can: Go

Originally posted by Quebecois

Now Redden is injured, Canada is down to 6 d-men.

What happens if another one gets injured? Can we "call up" an emergency D man?

Yes you can call up another D man:

Canada cannot add a player to its roster unless it suffers another injury. Sources indicate Mike Rathje and Brad Stuart of San Jose, Bryan McCabe of Toronto and Derek Morris of Phoenix are the leading candidates to get a call-up if the Canadians get dinged again.