Justin Williams out 4-6mos w/ torn achilles tendon

sbhatt

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=249810&amp...s=secStory_main

RALEIGH, N.C. - Justin Williams has suffered another major setback.

The Carolina Hurricanes winger tore his right Achilles tendon on Wednesday morning and will miss the next four to six months.

He'll undergo surgery later this week.

Williams missed 43 games last season after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament on Dec. 20.

(I know this news shouldn't bring me joy, but I will never forget how this idiot derailed our playoff run in 2006)

Karma.

I was thinking the same thing !!

I didn't expect the Canes to do anything good this year. now I have more reasons to thnk so.

I'm still going to take him in my pool though, as a last choice. could be a great sleeper.

Are we referring to the incident where Williams tried to lift Koivu's stick and missed? If it was a deliberate attempt to injure Koivu, then sure, Karma. But an accident? Really guys?

Are we referring to the incident where Williams tried to lift Koivu's stick and missed? If it was a deliberate attempt to injure Koivu, then sure, Karma. But an accident? Really guys?

Don't bother trying to tell people it was a freak accident, they don't care. I've been trying to tell people that ever since it happened. If their roles had been reversed, you can be sure the same people would call it an accident and not hate Koivu for nearly blinding Williams.

Didn't we have this thread already the last time Williams tore his ACL? :D

As much as I hated him at the time of Koivu's injury, I wish him a speedy recovery.

I love how Habs fans remember this guy for his stick work on Koivu's eye, which ruined the Habs in 06' and ultimately propelled the 'Canes to the finals and ultimately a Cup. I know it's ego centric to believe this single incident is responsible for all that, but hey, IT IS!! :P

My memory's not great, but I seem to recall Williams high-sticking another habs in the face later in the same series (Markov)? Fortunately that man's eye was not permanently damaged. And when it happens twice, it stops being a fluke - either he was a careless motherf*cker at the time, or a total scum-sucking bastard. No doubt the former.

Just read it on TSN.ca.

What a damm shame!

Karma.

Was hopin to see Laraque bash his brains in, but guess he'll have to wait a year.

Karma is one mean @&!*!**!!!!

Still, I am finding it very difficult to be sympathetic even though a ruputured achilles is horrible

My memory's not great, but I seem to recall Williams high-sticking another habs in the face later in the same series (Markov)? Fortunately that man's eye was not permanently damaged. And when it happens twice, it stops being a fluke - either he was a careless motherf*cker at the time, or a total scum-sucking bastard. No doubt the former.

It was Markov, and it was another non-call... The 'Canes got more than their favourable share of calls and luck that Cup run.

It was Markov, and it was another non-call... The 'Canes got more than their favourable share of calls and luck that Cup run.

Yeah I really don't believe everyone would hate him so much if he was properly punished for his mis use of his stick.

I smile when I hear he was hurt though, just a little.

I would never want to see him seriously hurt but missing a few weeks oh well.

I hope he stops playing anything on ice that needs him to use a stick. Let him start figure skating or something where he wont injure anyone, oh wait, I bet he will accidently use his skate in the eye of his male dancingpartner.

Yeah I really don't believe everyone would hate him so much if he was properly punished for his mis use of his stick.

I smile when I hear he was hurt though, just a little.

I would never want to see him seriously hurt but missing a few weeks oh well.

:clap:

Um, a torn achilles is a serious injury. He's not gonna be out just a few weeks. Frankly, he'll be lucky to play this season.

I pulled mine when I was a kid... too big of a growth spurt in a summer.It's hell !!

I first thought he was gone for a few months but the more I think about it the more I think he wont play at all this year.

This thread seems really familiar... If I remember correctly it was pretty much the same thing...

Step 1: Uneducated Habs fan makes stupid comments about being happy someone got injured.

Step 2: Uneducated Habs fan #2 agree's making the entire forum look stupid.

Step 3: Fan from West time zone that see's both conferances play makes comment on how ridicuous it is.

Step 4: Habs fans continue to discuss Karma, because accidents dont exist.

Step 5: Non-Habs fans on the board look down at you with disgust and continue to feel sorry for your attitude about how its a good thing someone got hurt.

I think that pretty much covers all basis's

This thread seems really familiar... If I remember correctly it was pretty much the same thing...

Step 1: Uneducated Habs fan makes stupid comments about being happy someone got injured.

Step 2: Uneducated Habs fan #2 agree's making the entire forum look stupid.

Step 3: Fan from West time zone that see's both conferances play makes comment on how ridicuous it is.

Step 4: Habs fans continue to discuss Karma, because accidents dont exist.

Step 5: Non-Habs fans on the board look down at you with disgust and continue to feel sorry for your attitude about how its a good thing someone got hurt.

I think that pretty much covers all basis's

u forgot step 6.

Step 6: Fan #666 shows up and tells everybody what eveybody already knows. :)

Seriously, sure I hated Williams for the stick on Koivu but Id rather see Williams pay a BIG fine for it (big as in more than 30% of all he earns that season or something). That wouldnt hurt him physically but would sure as hell hurt him financially (spelling?) and teach him to watch his stick in the future.

Who cares it's not like he has cancer and is going to die.

Must be nice that he basically cant walk for 4-6 months.. yup thats a good thing to "wish" onto someone. Your a real class act.

Must be nice that he basically cant walk for 4-6 months.. yup thats a good thing to "wish" onto someone. Your a real class act.

"WISH?"

In what part of JMMR's comment do you read wish? He's basically stated the truth. He's not going to die, he's injured, who cares? Lot's of players are injured Oh right! Step seven you forgot.

STEP 7. Highly educated Habs fan chimes in by calling everyone uneducated, misreads posts but bashes anyway because it makes him feel classy.

I dedicate this song to you electron

Did you ever know that you're my hero,

and everything I would like to be?

I can fly higher than an eagle,

for you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,

but I've got it all here in my heart.

I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.

I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?

You're everything I wish I could be.

I could fly higher than an eagle,

for you are the wind beneath my wings.