The Kyle Wellwood appreciation thread!

I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a mini-Daigle and return at some point. He's too offensively talented for some talent-starved team to NOT take a chance on him again, if he starts to actually act like a professional.

judging from his history I'd say that is a big IF, actually I feel sorry for him, he has the talent but not the balls to make it work.

judging from his history I'd say that is a big IF, actually I feel sorry for him, he has the talent but not the balls to make it work.

I think Kyle needs to be 'scared straight'. The Canucks should have forced him to do some placements with people at regular everyday jobs. After seeing what a regular job is like compared to being an NHL player (especially the drop in salary), I think Kyle would reconsider his reluctance to hit the gym...and his addicton to Krispy Kreme.

I think Kyle needs to be 'scared straight'. The Canucks should have forced him to do some placements with people at regular everyday jobs. After seeing what a regular job is like compared to being an NHL player (especially the drop in salary), I think Kyle would reconsider his reluctance to hit the gym...and his addicton to Krispy Kreme.

Maybe he needs Avery to call him fatso before he hits the gym !!

You know, I kinda like the guy. He's subversive in his own way...basically, he clearly believes that he can deliver top-6-calibre offence on sheer talent and he refuses to play the game of making a big show about training and "working hard oiff the ice" etc. etc.. If he delivers, then coaches can crap in their breeches all they want. He forces the choice: do you want offence that doesn't "buy in" to your fitness regimen, or not? There's something rather cool about that. ^_^

You know, I kinda like the guy. He's subversive in his own way...basically, he clearly believes that he can deliver top-6-calibre offence on sheer talent and he refuses to play the game of making a big show about training and "working hard oiff the ice" etc. etc.. If he delivers, then coaches can crap in their breeches all they want. He forces the choice: do you want offence that doesn't "buy in" to your fitness regimen, or not? There's something rather cool about that. ^_^

personally I hope this waiver business scared the crap out of him and he gets his act together. I hate to see a guy waste an opportunity to play in the NHL. I know I would have given my left nut to have that kind of ability oh hell AND a kidney. :lol:

Its not that at all though. From interviews I've seen and read about Wellwood is that he is kind of a intellectual loner wierdo type. He never watches TV but he reads a lot. I'm not sure if he even plays video games so he's not a "couch potato".

Wellwood has had 2 hernia surgeries already so the last thing he wants is a 3rd so he made sure he was well rested and fully healed this time. Not to mention he broke his foot so that got him even more out of shape.

Wellwood is definitely offensively talented. I've always said that he would be great with Higgins and I still stand by that. They both seem to have an odd unconventional style so Higgswell would most likely work really well together. His 2nd goal last night was pure beauty.

Yeah, and predictably he's turning into a fan favourite. Like I say, you have to love the *idea* of a fat slob who scores up a storm in the NHL :lol:

If I remember correctly Tyler Arnason was in a similar situation in Chicago, talented kid in a relatively bad physical shape...

Yeah, and predictably he's turning into a fan favourite. Like I say, you have to love the *idea* of a fat slob who scores up a storm in the NHL :lol:

It gives the fans watching the games from their couches some hope. It should be the NHL's new marketing slogan: "If Kyle Wellwood can do it, so can you!"

just saw an article about him on tsn and it looks like maybe this little waiver business has scared him straight. this is going to be the feel good story this year. and dammit good for him. I never like to see anyone lose the dream of playing in the NHL.