Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres, Roberval, QC Sept 23nd

simonus

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaching staff has no time to make cuts, so many games on a short term that

my guess is that it is already decided who will get cut after a two games streak.

NHLPA doesn't allow player to play 3 games on 3 days.

Rookies

From the C team that we saw in the 2 first games, rookies only Maxwell and Pac

deserve to play other games.

* Honorable mention : Weber, Desharnais, Glumac !

** Will never make it : Flinn (i hate that guy), Anderson, Henry, Aubin. AHL'ers

*** Go back in junior see you in 2-3 years. Fortier.

- Sergei K is not making good decision with the puck i agree but who was that bullet

that screened the shot on Plex clean goal.

- Lapierre better bring up his game to another level, he was dry.

- Tanguay is already taking some heat? On the power play he was not aiming right maybe

but it was for puck deflection, he doesn'T have a blast shot but his passes are on the tape

and he moves a lot with the puck creating some space and movement in the opponent zone.

5-5 he was with two rookies and they both looked great.

- Dandenault had a good showcase on defense, i hope somebody else saw that in the league, i hope

for him a steady job in the NHL but no place for him in Montreal.

O'byrne was covering Anderson blunders all game. I thought he played great considering that and the

fact that almost all Sabres regular forwards were dressed. He and Gorges made miracles last night.

- Denis was very good, like i said Sabres had most of their regular and he shut them for 2 periods.

and Plex and AK46 are ready for Kovy back with them.

Tanguay was playing the wrong wing, give him some slack, he has never played the point either. Remember on Tanguay, he plays better with a good centre, he will be fine during the season.

O'Byrne was playing the wrong side most of the night as well.

I forgot how bad pre season games really are. The vets on both sides were going 3/4 speed. Both teams played back to back. No offesnsive cohesion at all.

Gorges was quiet and calm which is good. He looked good.

I noticed Maxwell several times and Pacioretty as well.

Weber was noticed good and bad.

Rookies

From the C team that we saw in the 2 first games, rookies only Maxwell and Pac

deserve to play other games.

* Honorable mention : Weber, Desharnais, Glumac !

** Will never make it : Flinn (i hate that guy), Anderson, Henry, Aubin. AHL'ers

*** Go back in junior see you in 2-3 years. Fortier.

Regardless of how he played, I think we need to keep Valentenko around until the end, and challenge him as much as possible, giving him many games, decent ice-time, and a NHL-caliber defenseman next to him to see what he's got. He's likely number 1 on the list for a recall in case an injury, and we need to know if he's ready (or will be after a few regular season games in Hamilton).

ps. Alex Henry has played two full seasons in the NHL with Nashville, so I wouldn't say he'll never make it ;)

No he didnt!!! He was pathetic at all costs...he couldn't even hit the net from the point on the PP! I really hope this isn't foreshadowing for the regular season for tangs......if it is.....may god have mercy on the Habs centennial souls! (I don't care if its preseason...he's been in the league long enough to know where the net is...which he didn't come even relatively close to hitting tonight!)

I think you're overreacting and you're a little harsh on Tanguay. I watched the entire game, and I didn't think he was that bad. True he was better in Halifax, but he's playing with new linemates (who are not even 20 years old) on a new team with a new system. He was playing a 2nd game in 2 nights.(in the beginning that's tough to do as you are not used to it).

These are PRE-SEASON games people! Coaches try different combinations. Veterans don't usually give their 100% (they don't wanna get injured). Goalies are usually very rusty (look at Halak two nights ago!) There are plenty of rookies in the line-up and they are all nervous and make shaky decisions. All these factors contribute to the fact that PRE-SEASON games mean NOTHING. Even if our boys go on to lose their next 6 or 7 games, I won't be worried!

Edited by Habsfan

I think you're overreacting and you're a little harsh on Tanguay. I watched the entire game, and I didn't think he was that bad. True he was better in Halifax, but he's playing with new linemates (who are not even 20 years old) on a new team with a new system. He was playing a 2nd game in 2 nights.(in the beginning that's tough to do as you are not used to it).

These are PRE-SEASON games people! Coaches try different combinations. Veterans don't usually give their 100% (they don't wanna get injured). Goalies are usually very rusty (look at Halak two nights ago!) There are plenty of rookies in the line-up and they are all nervous and make shaky decisions. All these factors contribute to the fact that PRE-SEASON games mean NOTHING. Even if our boys go on to lose their next 6 or 7 games, I won't be worried!

I agree, Alex Tanguay is a veteran who's basically trying to get back in game shape without risking an injury, while adapting to a new coach, new team, and a new environement. I'll care a tiny bit more when he starts playing with Koivu, to see if they have any chemistry, and I'll really start caring when the season begins.

Edited by CerebusClone

Regardless of how he played, I think we need to keep Valentenko around until the end, and challenge him as much as possible, giving him many games, decent ice-time, and a NHL-caliber defenseman next to him to see what he's got. He's likely number 1 on the list for a recall in case an injury, and we need to know if he's ready (or will be after a few regular season games in Hamilton).

ps. Alex Henry has played two full seasons in the NHL with Nashville, so I wouldn't say he'll never make it ;)

Nashville is part of the NHL ??

Completely forgot that, by the i am Radulov agent on my spare time :lol:

TRADE TANGUAY AND FIRE BOB!

How dare that impudent punk not score 5 goals so far. What kind of lame acquisition was he??

And so it begins.

Good one! ;):D:clap:

Kovalev won't be playing tonight. He also tweaked his groin, and the Habs aren't taking any chances with him!

QUOTE(SAKS-AVENUE @ Sep 23 2008, 12:55 AM) *

Why would you say that to the Montreal media? So now if he doesn't do anything the first 5 games they'll hang him, or if he screws up his groin they'll have a hay day talking about how he didn't prep. Oh Boy here we go.

Looks like Saks was right..... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

QUOTE(SAKS-AVENUE @ Sep 23 2008, 12:55 AM) *

Why would you say that to the Montreal media? So now if he doesn't do anything the first 5 games they'll hang him, or if he screws up his groin they'll have a hay day talking about how he didn't prep. Oh Boy here we go.

Looks like Saks was right..... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Well, up to now, the media hasn'T made a big fuss over this!

TRADE TANGUAY AND FIRE BOB!

How dare that impudent punk not score 5 goals so far. What kind of lame acquisition was he??

And so it begins.

I have to agree. But I would also add Tom Kostopoulos to that list. His accent when he speaks French isn't quite up to scratch.

I have to agree. But I would also add Tom Kostopoulos to that list. His accent when he speaks French isn't quite up to scratch.

I know that you're only fooling around, but I would never make fun of a guy because of his accent. It's the effort that matters! :clap: The fact that Tommy K tries to speak french with the media should be applauded!