Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens

JoeLassister

I don't know why for sure but I'm excited about this kid. He seemed determined against Detroit and all his stats point to steady consistent production. Especially the past three seasons. You never can tell, he may be smallish but he could surprise in the next couple of years. Hope he makes most of his chances with all the injuries. Is he in the line-up tonight?

Thomas Beauregard

Right Wing

Born Feb 9 1986 -- Montreal, PQ

Height 5.11 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002-03 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 48 16 14 30 6 4 0 1 1 2

2003-04 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 65 18 28 46 14 -- -- -- -- --

2004-05 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 5 3 3 6 0 -- -- -- -- --

2005-06 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 69 46 42 88 38 18 13 4 17 6

2006-07 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 69 71 53 124 44 12 5 6 11 6

2007-08 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 59 31 34 65 33 19 9 7 16 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why for sure but I'm excited about this kid. He seemed determined against Detroit and all his stats point to steady consistent production. Especially the past three seasons. You never can tell, he may be smallish but he could surprise in the next couple of years. Hope he makes most of his chances with all the injuries. Is he in the line-up tonight?

Thomas Beauregard

Right Wing

Born Feb 9 1986 -- Montreal, PQ

Height 5.11 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM

2002-03 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 48 16 14 30 6 4 0 1 1 2

2003-04 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 65 18 28 46 14 -- -- -- -- --

2004-05 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 5 3 3 6 0 -- -- -- -- --

2005-06 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 69 46 42 88 38 18 13 4 17 6

2006-07 Acadie-Bathurst Titan QMJHL 69 71 53 124 44 12 5 6 11 6

2007-08 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 59 31 34 65 33 19 9 7 16 20

I hope you're right, but I don't have much hopes for Beauregard. Some people feel that time is running out for a guy like Kyle CHipchuta, and Beauregard is actually a few days older. At 22, he spent the entire season in the ECHL despite the fact the Bulldogs were struggling and had very little depth after the Canadiens on the wings after the Canadiens called up Kostsitsyn and Grabovski.

I agree he looked great in his last season in the QJMHL, but a lot of overagers do; he was a 20/21 year old playing against teenagers. However, the rest of his junior career was unimpressive. Besides, the CHL is probably the most heavily scouted league in the world; for an offensive minded forward to go undrafted, there must be some good reasons, and it's not like like Beauregard is that small either (his linemate Mathieu Perreault is a lot smaller and was selected in his first year of eligibility).

He might just be a Ryan Smyth calibre power forward. He's damned impressive for his age. I was a TREAT to see him here in Halifax. :clap:

Really?

He didnt impress me at all in the game vs Buffalo in Roberval. He's definitely got talent & physical attributes and looked confident, but his decision making looked amateur. That's something that doesnt really forgives in the NHL as the season goes on. He'll definitely need some learning in the AHL first.

I hope you're right, but I don't have much hopes for Beauregard. Some people feel that time is running out for a guy like Kyle CHipchuta, and Beauregard is actually a few days older. At 22, he spent the entire season in the ECHL despite the fact the Bulldogs were struggling and had very little depth after the Canadiens on the wings after the Canadiens called up Kostsitsyn and Grabovski.

I agree he looked great in his last season in the QJMHL, but a lot of overagers do; he was a 20/21 year old playing against teenagers. However, the rest of his junior career was unimpressive. Besides, the CHL is probably the most heavily scouted league in the world; for an offensive minded forward to go undrafted, there must be some good reasons, and it's not like like Beauregard is that small either (his linemate Mathieu Perreault is a lot smaller and was selected in his first year of eligibility).

Thomas himself said that going undrafted was the wake up call that turned his career around. He got more motivated and dedicated after that.

From then on, he's been great. He didnt play in Hamilton last season because the team was still stuffed with worthless prospects like Milroy, Lahti, Ferland & Co.

Whole different story this year.

Thomas himself said that going undrafted was the wake up call that turned his career around. He got more motivated and dedicated after that.

From then on, he's been great. He didnt play in Hamilton last season because the team was still stuffed with worthless prospects like Milroy, Lahti, Ferland & Co.

Whole different story this year.

I also find it strange that everyone, including Bonneau, got a chance to play in Hamilton except for Beauregard. If the coaching staff in Hamitlon felt that Beauregard was good enough, especially since the team was going nowhere and lost its best offensive polayers to the Canadiens, they would have at leat given him a chance.

He should get some good opportunities with the Bulldogs, so we'll see how he does.

I also find it strange that everyone, including Bonneau, got a chance to play in Hamilton except for Beauregard. If the coaching staff in Hamitlon felt that Beauregard was good enough, especially since the team was going nowhere and lost its best offensive polayers to the Canadiens, they would have at leat given him a chance.

He should get some good opportunities with the Bulldogs, so we'll see how he does.

At the end of the day Gainey did decide to sign him. You never know what can happen, there are quite a few players who have done well after not being drafted. Martin st.louis, Geoff Courtnall, Sean Avery, Dino Ciccarelli, Adam Oates to name a few. If Kozed is right and Thomas had a wake up call, he has been putting up pretty good numbers considering there were faults that kept him from being drafted in the first place. My point being he must have a gift, and to me it looks like it's putting the puck in the net. If he can do it in Hamilton at a point per game pace he'll be a habs real soon.

Wow, Maxwell, Pacioretty and D'Agostini are tearing it up! I'm not even exaggerating at all, these guys are dominating. :D After this past year I thought we had drained our minor leagues of all it's offensive talent, but man, we are completely set for a long time by the look of things.

Also, for those of you not tuning it, would you be surprised the old Kovalev line is bringing the Sens to school?

And before I press submit... Markov scores!! Assist going to Max Pax. ;)

Edit: Weber scores! The youth are flying!

Edited by ForumGhost

wth, that sux0rs. I tuned into CJAD earlier but it wasnt on. I guess they started it a bit late or something because I tried it at 7:35.

In the mean time I managed to find it on the Ottawa sports radio Team 1200 on ExpressVu sat radio.

Still pissed that hardly any of these pre season games are televised. Whats gunna piss me off even more is at 11 when they show highlights of the game nobody televised but were there recording it anyways. :puke:

Edited by Sir_Boagalott

Man, in my mind, this complicates things... Who are we going to choose?

This is a three way competition between the Russians (Markov and Kovy) vs. the Flying Kostistyns vs. the Maxwell/Pacioretty/D'Agostini line to see who can outdo each other. Without the rookies, we pretty much have a full team, but here come 4 young guys who seem to be very NHL ready who could easily crack the team if there was a couple open spots. This young line (plus Weber) seem to be VERY offensively capable.

I mean jeez, even Stewart sounds like he still has the flare he had against the Leafs last year. Wilson commented that he was one of the young players who impressed him the most tonight.

Edited by ForumGhost