Star Wars DVD

Fanpuck33_

As many of you know, George Lucas is finally releasing the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD. The thing is, he will not be releasing the original versions. From what I have read, he will not even be releasing the Special Editions. Instead, he has apparently edited the Special Editions to make the "Final Editions."

Why must he mess with movies that were already among the greatest of all time? A few rumors that some supposedly have verified include:

-Replacing the hologram Emperor in Empire Strikes Back with Ian McDiarmid and expanding the conversation.

-Using Hayden Christiansen in the final "Jedi ghost" scene at the end of Return of the Jedi

-Using music from the newer movies in the original trilogy

What is wrong with Lucas? The movies were perfectly fine the way they were. Now, if I buy this DVD set I have to see Hayden Christiansen in it.

I had no idea he was going to mess with the classics.

That's not right at all.

I guess once you have more money then God you start feeling creative in the wrong avenues.

What a tragedy!:wall:

• 1 month later...

Some changes in the new DVDs:

Star Wars:

-Extended conversation with Jabba

-Scene with Greedo seemed strange

Empire Strikes Back:

-Extended conversation between Vader and the Emperor

-Extended conversation between Yoda and Obi Wan, in which they imply the existance of another Jedi

Return of the Jedi:

-Extended celebration scence

-Hayden Christiansen is in the final scene

These are just things that were quite obvious. It's been quite a while since I last watched the trilogy, so I wasn't able to notice some of the more subtle differences. For example, I don't remember hearing the Imperial March until ESB, but it appears in ANH.