Games can be seen on:

tbs.jpg

fox.jpg

Edited by MMPL

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox almost piss me off. They've been my AL fave from 1990 (Frank Thomas and black uniforms) to when I gave up on the MLB in 2004 (Expos moved out of MTL). Next season Chicago wins the fuggin World Series and have another shot at it now.

Ugh...

Go ChiSox!

Finally done the damn thread.

I agree totally Fanpuck. Just about as dumb as a football game started by coin toss. Home team should choose.

In Superbowl/World Series the team with best record should get home advantage.

I'm a big Redsox fan. Hope they go all the way :)

I thought we do some predictions if you guys wanted to.

Mine would be Redsox, Rays, Cubs, Brewers advance. Redsox, Brewers advance. REDSOX 08 CHAMPS.

To jets: Sorry I keep taking threads on ya lol. First EASHL now this

Edited by MMPL

To jets: Sorry I keep taking threads on ya lol. First EASHL now this

Haha, I forgot about that. No biggie. I was going to do it on Sunday and then yesterday and then today. I'm a terrible procrastinator. My predictions anyway:

LAA in 5 (sadly. It really depends what kind of lead Lester/Dice-K can give us)

TB in 4

MIL in 4

CHI in 3

Haha, I forgot about that. No biggie. I was going to do it on Sunday and then yesterday and then today. I'm a terrible procrastinator. My predictions anyway:

LAA in 5 (sadly. It really depends what kind of lead Lester/Dice-K can give us)

TB in 4

MIL in 4

CHI in 3

I think that Dice K/Lester/Becks will win 2 out of 3. Then Byrd may pull a horseshoe out of his ass (has performed his best during postseason) and win the series. If not game 5 happens, you start Lester again and hope for a W. Keep in mind, the Angels haven't played any games with meaning all year and the redsox have more playoff experience.

That series will decide the world series in my opinion.

If Bosox are out I'll root for Brewcrew and Cubbies.

Edited by MMPL

Lester I think should take Game 1. The thing with Dice-K is he doesn't have a tendency to go deep so we probably have to leave Game 2 up to our shaky bullpen. I'd say we're probably looking at 1-1 headed back to Boston. Beckett has been up and down all year but is known for turning it up a notch in the playoffs so Game 3 is up for grabs. I'd actually prefer to see Wake pitch Game 4, he just threw 5 shutout innings against the Yanks on Sunday. But you never know what you're gonna get with Wakefield, if his knuckler isn't working then he's cooked.

I'd like to think the Sox are going to repeat, we certainly have all the tools in place to do it but I just don't see it happening this year. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but I just think this is the Angels year.

I'll note though that in our World Series wins, we beat the Angels in the ALDS both times. Possible foreshadowing? I hope so.

Edited by jetsniper

lester is fantastic, I feel good as far as pitching matchups for game 1.

When you project Matsuzaka for the postseason, you have to remember that he will not be on as much of a hard pitch count as he was during the regular season. Additionally, he has been more pitch efficient in his recent starts. He should be able to go at least 6 IP, maybe 7.

Hopefully Beckett can pitch Game 3. This is the game that worries me most. I worry that he will rush to get back and go like 3 innings. Since Colon is not around, it means we'll probably have to keep Byrd as a reserve for game 3 in case Beckett goes like 3 innings.

As far as game 4, the red sox have the long series, so they will go back to Lester.

When you project Matsuzaka for the postseason, you have to remember that he will not be on as much of a hard pitch count as he was during the regular season. Additionally, he has been more pitch efficient in his recent starts. He should be able to go at least 6 IP, maybe 7.

Sorry I just can't fathom how Dice-K ended up with an ERA below 3 and his terrible K to walk ratio...I don't think anyone has pulled that off since Randy Johnson and Dice K is no Big Unit...

I've been calling for him to blowup all year though so maybe im just way off.

Sorry I just can't fathom how Dice-K ended up with an ERA below 3 and his terrible K to walk ratio...I don't think anyone has pulled that off since Randy Johnson and Dice K is no Big Unit...

I've been calling for him to blowup all year though so maybe im just way off.

Dice K has the amazing skill to get out of jams. That's how he got his 18-2 record (or similar).

getting out of jams is something of a skill, but Dice definitely had some luck and played in front of a very good infield defense.

It is important to note that Dice improved his walk rate over the course of the year.

;)

Seriously, though, Cubs fans are without a doubt the worst fans I've ever encountered in all of sports.

Can you say that with a straight face while reading the drivel before, during, and after a Habs game?

Can you say that with a straight face while reading the drivel before, during, and after a Habs game?

Absolutely. That's only on a message board. In real life, I see other Habs fans only a handful of times a year, and we exchange a simple "Go Habs!" as we pass by each other. I've had many more experiences with Cubs fans, almost all of which involve them acting like jackasses.

Plus, how annoying is it hearing them bitch about the last 100 years? I'd say Cubs fans are up there with the Yankees (the team, not the fans) in terms of the most hated group in baseball.

Absolutely. That's only on a message board. In real life, I see other Habs fans only a handful of times a year, and we exchange a simple "Go Habs!" as we pass by each other. I've had many more experiences with Cubs fans, almost all of which involve them acting like jackasses.

Plus, how annoying is it hearing them bitch about the last 100 years? I'd say Cubs fans are up there with the Yankees (the team, not the fans) in terms of the most hated group in baseball.

Ohhhhhh, but that's not only on the boards. You're lucky when it comes to habs fans. Because of the expectation of winning, the fact that they're more a religion than a team, and the politics involved, Montreal fans are, by quite a long shot, the worst fans in all of professional sport.

You say it's annoying to hear Cub fans bitch about the last hundred years? habs fans bitch infinitely more, and it's only been 15 years.

Remember, we're the team with the classless fans who boo opposing national anthems. AT EVERY GAME (listen closely, they're there). We boo our own players for NO IDENTIFIABLE REASON. We try to run players out of town because they aren't French enough. Or they're TOO French. Hooliganism? We have the Richard Riots. A significant portion of the fan population thinks SAKU freakin KOIVU isn't classy (because he won't speak French). We have a culture of entitlement which is such that every single season we're EXPECT to win, and if not, the powers-that-be should get out of town.

We mock the Leaf fans, but they came to the games in droves even when the team was the worst in the NHL. Montreal only just started selling out again a few years back. Sheesh, we carve up players even after winning Cups.

Don't get me wrong, we still have some of the best fans out there. But taken as a whole? Worst fan-base on the planet.

Okay, that was all off-topic. Go Sox. Red ones.

Sweet, didn't know you liked the Red Sox.

Phillies won :(

Yeah. :(

It's been 26 years for all 4 of Milwaukee's fans, it'd be nice to at least see them rewarded with a series win.