lockout going to happen.

nut62001

I seen Ted Saskin and Bill Daly on the sport news this morning. They were holding a press conference yesterday. They were bickering like little kids. My three year old and nine year old can get along better than these two guys. I don't know about anyone else but I have no faith in these two guys reaching some kind of an agreement before the CBA expires. Both sides in this farce of negotiations should be ashamed of themselves for the way they act in front of the cameras. They should at least act like they are trying to come to sort of compromise instead of acting like spoiled brats at the playground. Saskin actually said its like someone making 60k and asking them to take a paycut to 40k, saying they would have issues about the paycut. There is no way to compare that to what the players are making. In my opinion the players are going to have to take some kind of paycut or salary cap(very dirty word to the NHLPA) or we are going to be without hockey for a very long time.What happened to playing for the love of the game? PS: does anyone have an email address to contact any of the parties involved in the negotiation farce?

If they (players/team) srcew it up bad enough maybe those team in the weak USA market might come back "home". Maybe it is not a bad thing if hockey does not grow to Gary B.'s vision. The game sucks right now because there is not enough talent to support 30 teams. Maybe a step back is a good thing. BUT this likely lockout is done at the expense of fans!

Puzzled!

i think it should be cut back to twenty teams....

10 Canadian teams, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Quebec, Hamilton, and somewhere in Sask.??...

10 united states teams, Detroit, New york, Philly, New Jersey, Chicago, Boston, Colorado, Tampa, Dallas, St.Louis...

Instead of East and West Conferences, have Canadian and American Conferences....

keep the same playoff format, except the division winners will be 1st and 2nd instead of 1st 2nd and 3rd...

I would love for Hamilton to get an NHL team, but if they do, I am sure Toronto will want a team as well :lol::lol::lol::-^:lol::lol:

Longest ongoing joke ;)

I agree cutting back teams is the way to go. I'd rather see one team in the FLA area.......hell get rid of them both after last playoffs, damn TB. Defenitely get rid of Nashville and Carolina, I am not big on Atlanta, and even get rid of possibly NYI or NJ, BUF, PHO and SJ. I know there is some tradition already established with regard to NYI and NJ, but 3 teams within approximately 100km, and Hamilton can't have a team :?-.

NYI, NJ, Carolina do not deserve to have a team, very low attendance, very poor fan support. Buffalo is full of Canadians that drive to the games (I am one of many that make the trip to see the habs) as well as hold season tickets, IMHO i believe its 2/3 Canadian, better to move this side of the border....in Hamilton.

I do not mean to disrespect our American fans in here, especially if there are any from these areas, but to get the talent level up the NHL needs to enforce the rules to get rid of " the clutching and grabbing", and dirty play.

Ahem....Bertuzzi.....'cough, cough". ;)

Just my opinion though.

[Edited on 2004/9/10 by dinamo]