2008-09 NHL Season Thread

He's still no worse than Garon. I watched the Colorado-Calgary game the other night and he was mediocre but he hasn't collapsed the way Theodore did, he's still a capable #1 yeah with the upside to become a Vezina winner. no

It's funny too, I make that post yesterday and the top story in the Sports section is about the exact same thing. I'm thinking Steve MacFarlane copied off me.

When they're down by a goal and it's the final minute, who are they going to be counting on for a goal?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RCWpE_cqnuU

Hemsky. Hemsky is their Iginla (and no, I didn't just call Hemsky a top 5 player in the league, don't interpret it that way)

Edited by jetsniper

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Hemsky's the man but he's almost purely a playmaker, he's not a guy who can score goals at will, nor does he try to. Even when he has an open shot, he looks for passing option first. Gagner or Penner will have to be that guy for them.

You don't think Kipper has the potential to bounce back?

I know Hemsky's the man but he's almost purely a playmaker, he's not a guy who can score goals at will, nor does he try to. Even when he has an open shot, he looks for passing option first. Gagner or Penner will have to be that guy for them.

To Vezina form? No way. He can maybe steal a game every once and a while but thats it.

His training regimen sucks and if his other off-ice problems are true then it'll never happen. He's still a good goalie but I think his days as one of the NHL's best are over.

Not while Keenan's there. I know that it's unfair to blame the coach for a goalie's struggles, but I think Iron Mike's methods are psychologically detrimental to Kipper.

Whor are the only two teams without a regulation time loss so far ??

Buffalo and Minny... :o

Yep. I knew Minny would be counting on Koivu to step it up but I didn't think he'd be able to do it and they'd struggle. He's proving me wrong so far. Buffalo I think is just overachieving right now. We'll see if Vanek can actually lead this team.

Colorado managed to beat them last night anyway though for our 5th straight win! With some quality goaltending in the first couple of games, we could actually be an unbeaten team. Our forwards are playing like I thought they would (one of the best collections of offensive talent in the NHL IMO). I'm gonna see them play on Tuesday at the Saddledome, hopefully they can get win #6 *knock on wood*

On the flip side, I'm ready to revoke my "Sens fan" status. :puke:

Semin diss Crosby

I'm not sure what to think about this, excepted than it will be interesting what will happen in the next Caps-Pens game.

Semin diss Crosby

I'm not sure what to think about this, excepted than it will be interesting what will happen in the next Caps-Pens game.

Caps/Pens games were already interesting thanks to the Crosby/Ovechkin rivaly. Now that Malkin and Semin are getting involved in the action, it's even better.

The fans were already starting to hate each other during the lockout.

Trade between Tampa and Philly( they always seem to trade together, don't they ??!!)

Matt carle and a 3rd

for Eminger and Downie and a 4th.

I just don't see why Tampa would trade a decent puck mover for an underacheiving Dman and a 3rd liner at best...OH YEAH !! they're Broke and just found out that nobody will pay top bucks to see a superstar and his country club teammates.

Tamp should change its arena's name to THE HOSPICE !!

Now if I'm a flyers'S fan I just drool over the offensive potential of Carle !!

Caps/Pens games were already interesting thanks to the Crosby/Ovechkin rivaly. Now that Malkin and Semin are getting involved in the action, it's even better.

I just have to say the Pens Caps games are interesting more for the Ovechkin/Malkin rivalry than the Ovechkin/Crosby rivalry. Ovechkin has a serious hate on for Malkin. In the last Pens Caps game A.O. was literally taking runs at Malkin at every possibly opportunity. The feeling seems to be recipicated by Malkin. It looked funny as hell the way they were going at each other like cats and dogs. I guess its because they were both drafted 1st and 2nd and several top Russian hockey people made comments that Malkin is probably better even though A.O. was drafted 1st overall. The Russians have a huge problem on their hands with those 2 because by the way the go at each other I dont think they will both play for Russia at world events. It would be a hard choice having to leave one of them off the team.

I semi agree with what Semin said but I dont think Crosby sucks by any means just he was over hyped for a long time. The Hawks have 2 young players who are great to watch and arent that far off talent wise from Crosby, Malkin, & A.O. but neither of the Hawks were hyped up anywhere near the level of those 3.

I cant wait to see Crosby and Semin rivalry now next time they play.

Sydor played with Brett Hull who now is the "mastermind" behind the GM.

They played together to win a cup 99-2000.

Maybe the Golden Brett will ask Crazy Eddy Belfour to fo out of retirement, add Mike Keane,

Kirk Muller, guy Cabonneau, Brian Skrudland, Dave Manson.

speaking of Dallas, Boucher for Sydor ??!!

what were they thinking ?? Good move from a Penguins perspective !!

Meh, it's not that much of a move. Boucher hasn't been the same since multiple shoulder injuries last year also a torn hip flexor in the playoffs. He's even been slowed by foot injuries this season. Even when he was playing with Zubov out, they had Robidas running with the 1st PP unit. As you can see, Sydor isn't the only one whose career has seen better days.

Meh, it's not that much of a move. Boucher hasn't been the same since multiple shoulder injuries last year also a torn hip flexor in the playoffs. He's even been slowed by foot injuries this season. Even when he was playing with Zubov out, they had Robidas running with the 1st PP unit. As you can see, Sydor isn't the only one whose career has seen better days.

still I knew pittsburgh was lookin for a puck moving D. even if both players have seen better days I still think that Pitts got the better deal.

Did anyone catch Ribeiro's shootout goal? One of the best we've seen in the shootout so far.

6.6/y for stastny !!??

Colorado are nuts !!

way overpaid for such a young player!!

That is surprisingly high.

Edited by BTH

Did anyone catch Ribeiro's shootout goal? One of the best we've seen in the shootout so far.

That is surprisingly high.

I have no problem with him having a 5y deal but 6.6M a year ??

Great move by the Avs. :clap:

Most Avs fans thought it would be more then that. He's our best player, thats the kind of moolah franchise players deserve. I'm really happy.

You want a comparison, look what Phaneuf is earning. It's the same contract. Oh, he's also getting less then Kopitar even though Staz is easily a better player.

Edited by jetsniper

Great move by the Avs. :clap:

Most Avs fans thought it would be more then that. He's our best player, thats the kind of moolah franchise players deserve. I'm really happy.

You want a comparison, look what Phaneuf is earning. It's the same contract. Oh, he's also getting less then Kopitar even though Staz is easily a better player.

but his he worthy of franchise player money ??