Oct. 11/08 | Habs vs. Maple Leafs | Game Thread

Habsfan84

Well, Halak is looking really sharp tonight... which might be necessary if the team doesn't get moving.

That is the second time in two nights that Komi has been caught pinching at the wrong time... don't remember him taking those risks last year.

2 on zero, koivu and lats.. no real shot.. just a tap pass to the toskala's pad.. If Lats is going to go too deep like that, Koivu needs to really shoot...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Halak is looking really sharp tonight... which might be necessary if the team doesn't get moving.

That is the second time in two nights that Komi has been caught pinching at the wrong time... don't remember him taking those risks last year.

2 on zero, koivu and lats.. no real shot.. just a tap pass to the toskala's pad.. If Lats is going to go too deep like that, Koivu needs to really shoot...

Yeh, it looked like he was on his backhand tho...

I'm liking the effort so far, our 4th line kept the "1st line" for TO in their zone the whole shift

Yeh, it looked like he was on his backhand tho...

I'm liking the effort so far, our 4th line kept the "1st line" for TO in their zone the whole shift

Shame Koivu missed so much of the preseason.. he has more rust to shake off..

Woot.. nice passing by Koivu and Lats on that play... and nice shooting Hammer... (this year's Soureit?)

Nice passing indeed!

Stupid "centre Ice"...no Habs game for me.

Edit: What's with the auto-edit to "centre"? Kinda lame.

my RDS stream is crap too... I'm pissed

imo, fancy game threads are completely overrated. It has yet to be explained to me why some graphic intensive post needs to open a game thread or why any one person needs to be "in charge" of making the game thread. Why isn't the game thread just started by the first person who can throw something up the day of the game and hopefully post the lines?

+1

Well, the first 5 minutes were a bit lame, but Halak made some great stops and the team seemed to wake up and get their legs moving. Much better second half of the period and the score shows it...

I hope they rout them in the 2nd. :)

This game certainly lack emotion for a Habs-Leaf game, but eh it's hard to get emotive against a team thats almost certain to not make the playoffs.

Leafs are trying their best, but are obviously lacking in talent.

The rust seems to get away, slowly but surely. I'm confident all will be fine a few games from now. Our 2 goals sure were beauty.

Edited by Jean

This game certainly lack emotion for a Habs-Leaf game...

Toronto has a pretty drastically changed roster from past years... we've got 5 more games against these guys... give it time ;)