Habs @ Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

montreal200.gif @ flyers200.gif
1-0-1 for 3 points..................0-1-0 for 1 point
(3rd East).............................(15th East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(84)Latendresse - (11)Koivu - (13)Tanguay
(74)S.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (6)Kostopoulos
(22)Bégin - (40)Lapierre - (25)Dandenault

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Bryne
(26)Gorges - (71)Brisebois

29074.jpg vs. 434.jpg
Carey Price.......................Martin Biron

Montreal Player Stats
Philadelphia Player Stats

TV: RDS, Comcast Sports
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be a great game !! I really hope a rivalry with the flyers will occur for I don't have a team that I really hate and I thought the flyers could be my arch enemy.

Come on Komi... "kill" that Richard punk!!!

should be a great game !! I really hope a rivalry with the flyers will occur for I don't have a team that I really hate and I thought the flyers could be my arch enemy.

Come on Komi... "kill" that Richard punk!!!

Oh trust, If you still don'T really hate the Flyers, You'll learn soon enough.

After the Bruins and the Leaves, the Flyers are the team i hate the most in the East!

They're all bastards! ^_^

You guys should check out Jon LaJoie's website. He sings these really funny songs. The guy is hilarious!

I met him in a grocery store on the South Shore last year(just before he became somewhat popular) and he couldn't believe I had recognized him...anyways, check out his web site, it's worth it!

Edited by Habsfan

Other than the Leafs which I can't really help, I have always had it in for the Bruins for some reason. Not a fan of them at all, they have some players I wouldn't mind, but as a franchise I love watching Montreal beat them. Flyers are dirty, always have always will be.

Edited by nam

Great game thread Fanpuck. I do have a question for the people at Forcasters.ca: How does our overtime record of 0-1 rank 17 places better than Philly's record of 0-0?

A win tomorrow would be great making our opening road trip a success.

Philly then Boston.. I wonder if the meeting our playoff foes so early in the season was just a coincidence, or if it was scheduled on purpose?

Anyway, these 2 good games should be really interesting. I expect fights in both. We'll have a better idea how good the team really is after meeting those 2 rivals. Buffalo's was just a warm up and beating the Leafs, while nice, is nothing to brag about. Now the real things begin.

I expect fights in both.

Hope so :)

I want Laraque in for Boston at least so we get the message across that they won't ###### with us this time around...

Great game thread Fanpuck. I do have a question for the people at Forcasters.ca: How does our overtime record of 0-1 rank 17 places better than Philly's record of 0-0?

Maybe we've recorded 1 point and Philly zero in OT?

Really want to see Chipper in instead of Dandenault. Laraque would also be great against all those Philly dudes. :monkey:

It's not really a statement game. It's game 3 in the regular season. If the Habs wanted to show them something they should have done it last year. This year's team is different and with no Laraque in the line up they are still very soft. So far 1 fight, 1 habs on his back again.

They need to play much better in the D zone then they did the first 2 games, the team should thank the goalies for only 1 goal against each game. The flyers are not the leafs.

Acouple of points from the weekends games i'm not really going to point out individuals, too early in the season.

Goaltending; A

Defense: D

Offense: C

PP: B looked good against the leafs not do good against Buffalo

PK: B+

Effort: C (D in Buffalo, B+ in Toronto)

Great thread Fanpuck! Philly's sitting at 0 points tho.

I expect a physical battle, so our boys had best be prepared for that. Laraque isn't around, but I think we can muster up enough grit for an early season game. Hopefully Rhino and Komi come up big for us. It will interesting to see which PP shows up tonight, as Philly was quite effective at shutting it down in the playoffs.

Price will no doubt be facing some of his demons from the playoff games, and it will give a good indication about his mental strength. Thank goodness Umberger's gone! A solid win here will be a great momentum builder for the home opener.

GO HABS GO!!!

It's not really a statement game. It's game 3 in the regular season. If the Habs wanted to show them something they should have done it last year. This year's team is different and with no Laraque in the line up they are still very soft. So far 1 fight, 1 habs on his back again.

They need to play much better in the D zone then they did the first 2 games, the team should thank the goalies for only 1 goal against each game. The flyers are not the leafs.

Acouple of points from the weekends games i'm not really going to point out individuals, too early in the season.

Goaltending; A

Defense: D

Offense: C

PP: B looked good against the leafs not do good against Buffalo

PK: B+

Effort: C (D in Buffalo, B+ in Toronto)

I agree with everything but the PP and PK.

You can't really blame a PP in Buffalo as it was a first game and they need Chemistry. Now that they scored a few times vs Leafs, it only builds confidence with passing/playmaking ect. I think that our PP will shine tonight vs Philly.

25% PP is a B? That is more than enough for first in the league. I'd give it an A.

A 90% PK is also good enough for first in the league. A.

Our PP/PK has been great so far and lets hope they keep it up.