Habs @ Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting worried about him.. too many goals are going in the same way.. guy comes over the blue line and wires it far side.. Price is on his knees, deep, and misses it with his glove...

He really needs to work on that as teams are picking up on it as a weakness.

And now we are down one.

so let me get this straight he goes from awesome to needing work? Ok I agree that is his weak spot and yes he does need to figure that out because it killed us last year against who was it again? oh yeah the flyers :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :hlogo:

Really need Koivu to produce in this game. Not only are we down one....but I was so caught up in emotion after Saturday's game that I sold off Michael Nylander for Koivu in an online pool I'm in. Nylander has 3 points so far tonight. :angry:

so let me get this straight he goes from awesome to needing work? Ok I agree that is his weak spot and yes he does need to figure that out because it killed us last year against who was it again? oh yeah the flyers :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :hlogo:

I never said he was awesome and yes i do think he needs some work. He has been getting beat that way by more then the flyers and a lot longer then just that playoff run.

Price has a lot of talent and potential, but he has some definite weak spots in his game that he needs to fix. He is still very young and this is expected. Some people seemed to want to anoint him perfect last year, but he isn't and goalies in the NHL get their weakness found in a hurry. That is why they need to constantly work on improving. It is not a knock on Price.

Really need Koivu to produce in this game. Not only are we down one....but I was so caught up in emotion after Saturday's game that I sold off Michael Nylander for Koivu in an online pool I'm in. Nylander has 3 points so far tonight. :angry:

Isn't that always the way. :(

I never said he was awesome and yes i do think he needs some work. He has been getting beat that way by more then the flyers and a lot longer then just that playoff run.

Price has a lot of talent and potential, but he has some definite weak spots in his game that he needs to fix. He is still very young and this is expected. Some people seemed to want to anoint him perfect last year, but he isn't and goalies in the NHL get their weakness found in a hurry. That is why they need to constantly work on improving. It is not a knock on Price.

I am not arguing with you, as a former gt I agree that he does need to work on some aspects of his game, but glove side or trapper side high is every goalies weak spot. He is young and he will learn. Btw I did not mean to put words in your mouth and I apologize you did not say that I was extrapolating from another poster. I believe he has the talent. And yeah he is awesome for an 19 year old 20? but he will get a lot better and then look out!!!!!!!!! :ghg: :ghg:

I am not arguing with you, as a former gt I agree that he does need to work on some aspects of his game, but glove side or trapper side high is every goalies weak spot. He is young and he will learn. Btw I did not mean to put words in your mouth and I apologize you did not say that I was extrapolating from another poster. I believe he has the talent. And yeah he is awesome for an 19 year old 20? but he will get a lot better and then look out!!!!!!!!! :ghg: :ghg:

He has a lot fewer weak spots then most goalies his age, that is for sure. I hope he tweaks his positioning on those shots soon as shooters have clearly figured it out, which is what worries me. Damn video coaching, I swear if a goalie had a crack in his jock the video coaches would find it and everyone would be shooting for the cup. :)

This is not an entertaining game to watch because the play is always stopped. No rythm at all.

That said the Flyers are playing a much better game than us, but thanks to Price we still have a chance to win it. This is a wakeup call methinks, not all the teams are as easy to beat as the Leafs.

Well, the offense has to get working. If you take out the leaf's game (which is no measure of a team), then we have gotten 2 goals against decent teams so far. Kovy has had a ton of changes, but they just are not clicking yet.

Notice that Lats is now invisible again. He needs to play great against teams like Philly, that is what we wanted in a big power forward, but I haven't seen it yet. :(

He has a lot fewer weak spots then most goalies his age, that is for sure. I hope he tweaks his positioning on those shots soon as shooters have clearly figured it out, which is what worries me. Damn video coaching, I swear if a goalie had a crack in his jock the video coaches would find it and everyone would be shooting for the cup. :)

In my day (very much pre butterfly ) it was all positioning and learning to get up and down (not so much down) now it is a lot different mostly due to some guy named Patrick who was I' ve heard was a decent goalie in spite of his junior coach saying he had no hope of making the NHL :lol: :ghg: :ghg: