Habs @ Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice cheap shot on lats at the end of the game.. this will get ugly..

We need George back in the lineup..

It was nice to see Lats defending himself after that tough. Show 'em we wont be intimated!

Very nice comeback. Good to see we can stink for 2 periods and still win against a good team.

I could see that comming at the end. The Flyers made several cheapish hits in the final minute. Its truely looked like they were out head hunting on every Habs player that was near them.

I wish Lats had have given it to him though. There is little point in fighting unless you floor the guy. They wont stop any time soon unless the habs player hands them their ass.

I wish Kosto had have dropped the gloves and beat on the 1 Flyer when he hit Price in the head with his stick. Kosto just pushed him a bit and got a roughing penalty.

Crazily S.K still looks better than his brother. :wacko:

Sorry.. Koivu had a straight on shot at the empty net and missed, but Begin whacked a backhander without looking from the blue line and it went in. :)

Coulda used a Koivu goal for the pool, but WTF....that's splitting hairs. ^_^

Sorry.. Koivu had a straight on shot at the empty net and missed, but Begin whacked a backhander without looking from the blue line and it went in. :)

No no it's not what I meant.

Begin should been the one who missed the 1st shot, and Koivu should made the backhander (as he is more skilled than Steve)

He has a lot fewer weak spots then most goalies his age, that is for sure. I hope he tweaks his positioning on those shots soon as shooters have clearly figured it out, which is what worries me. Damn video coaching, I swear if a goalie had a crack in his jock the video coaches would find it and everyone would be shooting for the cup. :)

That is nitpicking. At what point does a 21 year old who has given up 4 goals on 67 shots get a pass

on a bad goal? Considering he made a circus stop to stop the score from being 3-1 and was beaten

on two PP goals.

Pierre Maguire said the league had figured out Huet 2 seasons ago and the league just had to go upstairs on him.

Well ######ing duh. That is the book on ALL butterfly goalies including the immortal Patrick Roy. Yet Huet made an All-Star

team half a season later and was the most sought after free agent goaltender this off season. Roy used to get beat high glove side when he went down early. Price will probably get beat there for the next 20 years regularly.

In all honesty, what does this kid have to do to ease people's fears? He is the only reason they got a point

against Buffalo on Friday night and was the 3rd star tonight (according to RDS).

Enjoy the fact that Price is not playing in Columbus or Minnesota while we are moaning about when

Gilbert Brule or Benoit Pouliot will make an impact. The kid is good and has SUPERSTAR written all over

him, enjoy it instead of fearing the worst.

I could see that comming at the end. The Flyers made several cheapish hits in the final minute. Its truely looked like they were out head hunting on every Habs player that was near them.

I wish Lats had have given it to him though. There is little point in fighting unless you floor the guy. They wont stop any time soon unless the habs player hands them their ass.

I wish Kosto had have dropped the gloves and beat on the 1 Flyer when he hit Price in the head with his stick. Kosto just pushed him a bit and got a roughing penalty.

Crazily S.K still looks better than his brother. :wacko:

That shit will end when Laraque is out on the ice. The Flyers have a reputation as tough, I think it is miscast.

They are not tough, they are DIRTY.