OMG Cherepanov just died

alexstream

oh my god... That is just crazy. What was the kid, like 20?

(alex, maybe you take the dancing banana off your sig for a bit?... not exactly the best visual)

Sad day for Hockey

Sad day for the Rangers.

Terrible day for his family.

RIP.

oh my god... That is just crazy. What was the kid, like 20?

(alex, maybe you take the dancing banana off your sig for a bit?... not exactly the best visual)

haha, talk about not the best visual with your avatar... ;)

i agree though, that someone who doesn't notice that it is in my sig might think that im in "peanut butter jelly time mode" while announcing this sad news.

so, in conclusion : sir yes sir, will do.

Really can't believe it. That's horrible.. It can really just happen any time eh?

RIP :(

haha, talk about not the best visual with your avatar... ;)

Actually, you can change your sig back. You can disable signatures for individual posts.

Anyways, holy crap. You gotta think there was some sort of condition they just weren't aware of yet.

Actually, you can change your sig back. You can disable signatures for individual posts.

Anyways, holy crap. You gotta think there was some sort of condition they just weren't aware of yet.

or some drugs that create heart troubles... it's just one additional case to a big pile already... Zholtok died of similar causes. Quintal had these, but went to see a shrink, Brisebois had these,etc...

or some drugs that create heart troubles... it's just one additional case to a big pile already... Zholtok died of similar causes. Quintal had these, but went to see a shrink, Brisebois had these,etc...

a guy in Détroit had it too. Don't remember his name...

a guy in Détroit had it too. Don't remember his name...

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Jiri Fischer.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Jiri Fischer.

Probably Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. That's what almost killed Fischer, did kill Mickey Renaud, and forced David Carle (Matt Carle's brother) to withdraw from the 2008 entry draft and from the University of Denver Hockey Team. This disease has killed numerous athletes in other sports too.

I'm speculating that this is what killed Alexei Cherepanov, but it looks strikingly similar to the untrained eye like these other cases that are HCM.

R.I.P. Alexei.

I have to agree with Mils. It is most likely hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM). The unfortunate aspect of this story is that HCM can be diagnosed before a fatal event with either ECHO or with cardiac MRI.

Maybe we should advocate for the Habs to screen all their players and draft picks. I would hate to see one of our own succumb to a condition that can be diagnosed and treated promptly before tragedy strikes.

David Carle (Matt Carle's brother) to withdraw from the 2008 entry draft and from the University of Denver Hockey Team.

Ups to Tampa Bay for honoring David with their last round pick by drafting him knowing he would go nowhere.

On Chery, very sad day for hockey. I hope the Rangers put together a nice ceremony for his family.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AlQU...p&type=lgns

What a damn shame, it appears negligence played a significant role in his death. Not only did they not have an ambulance on call, they didn't even have a defibrillator at the rink. Seriously? They have ambulances on-call at freaking high school football games. I know where two defibrillators are at the school I work at most often. How does a professional sports team have neither of these things? Damn shame.

Grossman said Monday that testing done on Cherepanov at the NHL combine before last year’s draft didn’t reveal any heart problems. He has been told that players in the KHL receive regular heart and blood tests, similar to those given in the NHL.

:blink:

I guess they'll have to be more thurough(sp) in their testing from now on.

It's a good thing that we have some of the best medical staff !! :clap: :clap:

Sounds really bizare and highly unfortunate for his family and it sounds like it could have been completely avoidable which makes it so much worse.

No clue how they could have revived him if they didnt have a defibrillator.

After the Jiri Fischer incident I beleive that almost every arena in North America (Canada at least) now has a defibrillator on site to save a life when something like this happens. I dont mean pro arenas either but normal public arenas. Jiri Fischer will ultimately save a lot of lives here in Canada anyway.

With all the high salaries in Russia all the Russian players should all throw in and buy defibrillator for every arena in Russia. A portable defibrillator costs about $1000, under $2000 anyway. They cant let this tradgedy happen again.

Sounds really bizare and highly unfortunate for his family and it sounds like it could have been completely avoidable which makes it so much worse.

No clue how they could have revived him if they didnt have a defibrillator.

After the Jiri Fischer incident I beleive that almost every arena in North America (Canada at least) now has a defibrillator on site to save a life when something like this happens. I dont mean pro arenas either but normal public arenas. Jiri Fischer will ultimately save a lot of lives here in Canada anyway.

With all the high salaries in Russia all the Russian players should all throw in and buy defibrillator for every arena in Russia. A portable defibrillator costs about $1000, under $2000 anyway. They cant let this tradgedy happen again.

I think you're right about all of the above.