NHL 2005 Roster Attributes

TheAussiePosse

Found Here (players .cvs) and Here (goalie .cvs)

- Why do we still have Perreault, Dowd, Dackell, Langdon, Dwyer, Traverse, Dykhuis?

- Bulis has 93 potential - LMAO! (Sorry, Kozed, but you know this is true too)

- Hasek and Cechmanek are 79 - Uber LMAO!

- Check them out for yourself, some other good calls in there

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, I was hoping since the game was being made in Montreal that they might have included Kostisyn since he signed.

They finally figured out Hainsey isn't developing at all and only gave him a 78 Potential, but Komi only has like an 84 Potential! Boo!

Agree with u Fanpuck 100%... too bad he couldn't have made the team, but, the other players were needed non-the-less. I'm sure Nash will get his chance next time around.

People could argue that he is only a scorer... as his Goals to Assists ratio, is quite far from even.

NHL 2005 is released 23rd in Nort America as well?

In Europe we will have to live without the online part. It's a pitty.

I play on the Xbox and the Xbox Live service. And I'm thinking about giving up on EA and try ESPN NHL 2K5 because of the online play.

i dunno, i got it tuesday afternoon.

new engine looks pretty neat and it takes only a bit of time to get used to the basics of the controls if you are familiar with nhl 2004. The franchise mode is much better as far as i can tell so far. That whole practice schedule thing got fixed up pretty good. Instead of picking which day and deciding between short, long, medium practice you decide what type of practices you want to run and the actual schedule is run by your staff. Much less busy work and more thought - for instance the first game I played I couldn't win a single faceoff, so I had the staff do a faceoff intensive practice schedule and the next game I was winning like 35 - 40% of the draws.

Instead of upgrade points you have an upgrade budget - you can divvy it up amongst the different categories. Don't yet know how your budget is determined or increased, but much cooler - the higher level the upgrade, the more expensive and some things are generally more expensive to upgrade than others.

Apparently you can get fired by the owners if you suck, and the criteria you are judged against depends on which team you run - the red wings want rings, the canadiens want the division, the blue jackets (not kidding) want the top draft pick. Pretty interesting.

When you put lines together you get a chemistry rating depending on different factors. Your line gets stat bonuses or deductions for their chemistry. Bonk doesn't seem to be too happy playing with sundstrom but really digs marcel hossa.... had to bump sunny down to fourth line.

Anyways, back into the breach... super cool game so far.

that have barely changed them, it's more that they added some new button features (the R and L buttons for "Open Ice Support" being the biggest), but the timing feels a little different, although its starting to feel natural.

I HATE the controls, they are not nearly the same, they are totally different. You can no longer aim your passes, one of the best features of 2004. Changing lines is now impossible to do without causing your player to stop skating. You can no longer shoot using the right analog stick, so manual deke-ing is pointless, since you have to move your thumb off of it to shoot the puck. And the two button shooting system is terrible. I am actually thinking of selling it back and keeping 2004.

Oh, and there is no Create a Player option, it does not support EA Sports Bio, and there is still no injury report page. And the rosters are pre July 1st, no all FA who changed teams are still on their old teams.

[Edited on 9-24-04 by Fanpuck33]

[Edited on 9-24-04 by Fanpuck33]

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Probably i will get the game tomorrow. I believe it's not in stores in europe allready, but i found a way 2 get it. More guys from europe who already play it?  

On saturday I bought it here in Linz, it should be available in all over europe.

Yeah, I finally figured out how to shoot with the analog stick, but it doesn't work very well. Not only do you have to push it down, you have to aim it with that stick. I have trouble getting both to work at the same time. And half the time when I only want to deke, I accidentally push a little on the stick and I shoot for no reason. But when I want to shoot like that it doesn't work half the time.