Toronto Tontos

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

That was just a guess, but they must be number 2 or 3 over that span, no?

IN the 70's and 80'S?? Who knows, the Leafs reallu sucked back then. Did they sell out the MLG in the 80's under Ballard??

I know that from 2001 they've been in 4th or 5th in the NHL for attendance.

2001: 5th

2002: 4th

2003: 4th

2004: 3rd

2005: Lockout

2006: 6th

2007: 4th

2008: 5th

this year: 6th

They are always behind MTL, DET, PHILY...

The Leafs may be behind, but they always sell out. You can't put in more people if you don't have the seats. Not their fault if Montreal has more seating. For that matter, the early 21st century, while still leading the league in attendance, didn't see the Canadiens selling out. There were always seats available to watch Johan Witehall and Juha Lind ply their trade.

The Leafs may be behind, but they always sell out. You can't put in more people if you don't have the seats. Not their fault if Montreal has more seating. For that matter, the early 21st century, while still leading the league in attendance, didn't see the Canadiens selling out. There were always seats available to watch Johan Witehall and Juha Lind ply their trade.

On a percentage basis, ACC has reported over 100% capacity just about every season, if not all. Exactly how they do that is beyond me, unless they artificially set their ticket "capacity" lower than their actual legal limit as determined by the appropriate authorities in Hogtown.

Exactly how they do that is beyond me, unless they artificially set their ticket "capacity" lower than their actual legal limit as determined by the appropriate authorities in Hogtown.

That's it. Officially, the max capacity of the ACC is approx. 18,800. But they let in on average about 19,200-19,400 people to the games(400-600 standing-room tickets). IN reality, the max capacity of the ACC is approx 19,400. That's how they can get 102.5% of capacity. It's artificially inflated...just like they do in Calgary where they get 112% of capacity.

The Max capacity of the Bell Centre is 21,273, and they do not sell standing-room tickets at the Phone Booth, so they never go above 100%.

Edited by Habsfan

That's it. Technically, the max capacity of the ACC is approx. 18,800. BUt they let in on average about 19,200-19,400 people to the games(400-600 standing-room tickets). IN reality, the max capacity of the ACC is approx 19,400. That's how they can get 102.5% of capacity. It's artificially inflated...just like they do in Calgary where they get 112% of capacity.

The Max capacity of the Bell Centre is 21,273, and they do not sell standing-room tickets at the Phone Booth, so they never go above 100%.

I always wondered how much it would take to bribe the man/lady in charge of the wheelchairs section ? There are a lot of room and empty seats in the freaking RED SEATS !!!!

I always wondered how much it would take to bribe the man/lady in charge of the wheelchairs section ?

I wouldn'T know. But I also have thought about it! There are 2 sections for wheelchairs in the Bell Centre(i thkn?) and they are located in opposing corners of the arena.

My guess is that you could probably fit an extra 200 people per game...but that is just an educated guess.

There are a lot of room and empty seats in the freaking RED SEATS !!!!

I have the chance to go to about 5-7 games per year, and I usually sit in the same place Sect 123, row U seats 5,6,7 and 8. Those are my dad's company season tickets, and I get some regularly ( I know, i'm a lucky bastard!)

Anyways, whenever I go, the Reds are usually full.

One of by best buddies has a girlfriend who works in the accounting department of the Bell Centre. She officially works for Gilett Entertainement Group (GEG), but they handle the attendance numbers for the Bell Centre, and she says that on average, when the Bell Centre is sold out, there are always between 200-400 people who don'T show up to the game.

I have the chance to go to about 5-7 games per year, and I usually sit in the same place Sect 123, row U seats 5,6,7 and 8. Those are my dad's company season tickets, and I get some regularly ( I know, i'm a lucky bastard!)

Anyways, whenever I go, the Reds are usually full.

One of by best buddies has a girlfriend who works in the accounting department of the Bell Centre. She officially works for Gilett Entertainement Group (GEG), but they handle the attendance numbers for the Bell Centre, and she says that on average, when the Bell Centre is sold out, there are always between 200-400 people who don'T show up to the game.

I was more refering that the wheelchairs section are in the FREAKING RED SEATS !!! and are almost always empty or so.

I was more refering that the wheelchairs section are in the FREAKING RED SEATS !!! and are almost always empty or so.

Ahhhh! You are right, however I wonder exactly how many people in wheelchairs can fit in those sections??? 10-15???

Ahhhh! You are right, however I wonder exactly how many people in wheelchairs can fit in those sections??? 10-15???

pretty close to 10-15 yeah.

But the trick would be to do like you are the person who comes WITH the guy in the wheelchair... so you can sit in the reds... Unfortunately ( :lol: ), I don't know anybody in a wheelchair...

edit : ... yet...

Edited by JoeLassister

I was at the game on Saturday and needed scalper tickets. It was insane, 20 minutes before the game I couldn't find ANY scalpers who had ANY tickets.

The box office was sold out and I finally found a guy to give me a pair for $130 each in the whites.

Montreal is Toronto now when it comes to ticket demand. From 1987-2006 I used to either order tickets from Ticketmaster or get scalper seats with ease.

Twice between 2004-2006 I came up with 10! seats in a row against the Leafs. The last two years I have had to pay upwards of 300% more than face to

get into the building.

Times have changed. Parades for first round victories was the beginning, pretty soon the ginos of Montreal will be arguing that Kovalev is better than Ovechkin.

Did I say pretty soon? WTF happened?

Edited by Wamsley01

Toronto could never have a 2nd hockey team. Sure there are definitely enough hardcore hockey fans that could easily sell out 2 NHL arenas every night but if the 2nd areana wasnt showing the Laffs on a huge ass screen than nobody would go.

A 2nd team in Toronto would be a godsernd to hockey fans there but I highly doubt many would switch religions and accept them. Face it the Laffs arent the Laffs because their fans arent loyal. The are the way they are because their fans are the most loyal. If the Laffs finished dead last every year the ACC would still sell out every game with the fans beleiving that this will be the year the Laffs will win the Cup. :lol:

However Southern Ontario could have another hockey team, it just cant be in Toronto.

I beleive Mississauga could support a NHL team but with the royalties they would have to pay the Laffs that would make it really hard because it would cut into any profits enough that it might not be worthwhile. I'm not sure if a team in Mississauga would have to pay Sabers royalites or not but I know a team in Hamilton would have to pay both so that makes it pretty much impossible there. Kitchener is really the only city that is large enough and has a big enough surrounding population that could handle a NHL team and its far enough away that they wouldnt have to pay the Laffs or the Sabers any royalties. Thats the biggest problem, potential royalties any new Southern Ontario team would have to pay existing teams. I'm pretty sure Windsor or London would have to pay Wings, and Kingston would probably have to pay Sens. All 3 arent really big enough anyway and it would be hard to pull it off without any royalties.

As for any other Canadian cities Winnipeg does have a chance but it looks like they screwed it right up by building a new arena that isnt large enough so they would have to make yet another new arena. Unfortunately Quebec City has absolutely 0 chance of ever getting a team back. The primary reason is that there is nobody trying to get one. Every hockey and business person there knows its impossible. There isnt enough people or big business there for it to happen. I would love to see a team in Halifax but it needs to grow significantly before that could be suggested and there isnt a lot of jobs or growth out East to see that ever happening in the next 10-20 years or ever.