WANTED: 4th D-man who can shoot on the PP

KoZed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been surprised I've been hearing his name so much. I don't even think we'll see him next season, forget about this one. When Carle gets back to full health, he'll be our first call up, I think - if we need him because of an injury, I'm not advising us to call someone up to replace O'Byrne.

Carle is healthy, and has 4 assists in his 7 games. Weber has 2 goals and 4 assists in 14 games.

Hey, what about that O'Byrne kid? :lol:

Great shot to set up that 2nd goal, and great game in general for the kid. I'm glad Carbo went back to him after the team meeting.

Agreed. O'Byrne FINALLY had a good game. Ryan kept things SIMPLE, and didn'T try to do too much.

Hopefully, this game will boost up his confidence, which was pretty low lately!

Agreed. O'Byrne FINALLY had a good game. Ryan kept things SIMPLE, and didn'T try to do too much.

Hopefully, this game will boost up his confidence, which was pretty low lately!

It's all about confidence, otherwise O'Byrne has all the tools to be a very good defenseman today... his situation this season was exactly like Komisarek's or even Hainsey's a few years ago, he doesn't feel he has the coach's confidence, and he's thinking a lot more about not screwing up than playing his own game. When you're constantly afraid to be benched or scratched, you don't take any chance, you start backing up too quickly which can cost an offensive opportinity, you don't go for that big hit because you might end up in a bad position, you don't want to be too physical because you might take a penalty that could possibly cost the game (and your spot on the roster), you get nervous and get rid of the puck as soon as you can...

When confident, O'Byrne can be a force on defense. He's a huge physical presence, he's got great mobility and agility for such a big man, he's a good skater, and he's always been good in the past to make that first pass to initiate transition.