All things HALAK

shortcat1

I will be pretty disappointed if the Habs don't beat the Jackets handily. Columbus can hardly get the puck out of their own zone their D-men are so inept. Probably their best D, Klesla, is missing his 2nd straight game with a wrist injury, while Brassard has been battling the flu. Saviors Umberger and Commodore have been very ineffective, aside from Umberger's two goals last game. I'm sitting at the end where the Jackets attack twice, so I'm not expecting to see a lot of action in my end.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them start Steve Mason. The team is dumb enough to let a guy start his first NHL game against a team like the Canadiens.

I saw Halak play, his NHL debut, the last time the Habs were in town, so I would definitely like to see Price in goal on Friday.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that will happen.

I agree, the only chance of that happening is if Price plays Columbus, and has a great game, then tells Carbo he wants the Laffs.

This is a tough one.

Halak did well during his Toronto game this year but Price has proven that the knows how to win against the Leafs.

I'm not sure who played net for the Habs during last year loss to Columbus but i do believe that Halak's first NHL game and Victory was registered against the Jackets two years ago.

I would go with Halak on Friday and Price on Saturday. The Leafs are playing better than the Jackets right now.

Why must both goalies play this week-end?? Price can easily play both games, and that's what I think will happen!

...and If Carbo decides to play both his goalies this week-end, I thikn it'll be Price in Columbus and Halak in Leafy-land!

Next week we face Ott, PHi and BOS, 3 games where Price should play. I don't see Halak sitting some 15 days in a row, I say play him against Toronto.

I will be pretty disappointed if the Habs don't beat the Jackets handily. Columbus can hardly get the puck out of their own zone their D-men are so inept. Probably their best D, Klesla, is missing his 2nd straight game with a wrist injury, while Brassard has been battling the flu. Saviors Umberger and Commodore have been very ineffective, aside from Umberger's two goals last game. I'm sitting at the end where the Jackets attack twice, so I'm not expecting to see a lot of action in my end.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them start Steve Mason. The team is dumb enough to let a guy start his first NHL game against a team like the Canadiens.

I saw Halak play, his NHL debut, the last time the Habs were in town, so I would definitely like to see Price in goal on Friday.

Should be true, but there's too many possible "stories" in the making to my liking, like Umberger becoming the new official habs-killer (until someone else in the East replaces him), Derrick Brassard outplaying his former teammate from Drumondville, Steve Mason making a name for himself against the team with the best record in the NHL, a big star like Rick Nash dominating the game despite a slow start (that seems to happen often to us), or a kid like Voracek who dominated the QMJHL becoming the next big thing in the eyes of Quebec hockey fans (like Radulov recently).

Edited by CerebusClone

Don't get me wrong, I will only be slightly surprised if the Jackets win, given that they've usually played Montreal tough in the past. Still, anything less than a blow out will disappoint me. Would be so cool to see the Habs truly kick ass in person.

According to RDS.ca, Carbonneau confirmed earlier this morning, that HAlak would get the start in Columbus and Price would play in Toronta!

Price, then Halak. Backups face the Leafs, per league rules.

Actually, the Leafs are playing over .500, are currently 8th in the conference, and are a division rival while Colombus is playing below .500 and are in the Western conference... as per "league rules" it actually makes more sense to start Carey Price against Toronto ;)

The game will also be broadcasted on national television throughout the country on HNIC, therefore the Canadiens should put their best possible team on the ice.

There's two ways I see this whole situation. The first one would be to give Halak some different opponent to play against since he can't always face the Leafs. The second way I see this is that is at the current pace the Leafs are playing, Montreal shouldn't take them too lightly despite the nice schooling they gave Toronto in their last meeting.

Actually, the Leafs are playing over .500, are currently 8th in the conference, and are a division rival while Colombus is playing below .500 and are in the Western conference... as per "league rules" it actually makes more sense to start Carey Price against Toronto ;)

The game will also be broadcasted on national television throughout the country on HNIC, therefore the Canadiens should put their best possible team on the ice.

Unless you think that "league rules" means they want the Leafs to make the playoffs... :lol: