Habs @ Maple Leafs

Fanpuck33

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Komi had answered the question about the goalie interference ... "at what point are you guys going to say enough is enough'.. he says the refs are watching it...

He should have said.. the next time they try it...

The D is horrible. The Leafs are invading Price's circle every chance they've got and nobody's kicking their asses.

Yeah, you can't win long term with soft D.

I hope they lose their day off they skate like they never skated before...on monday, more skate. they're already not playing much with the puck, whats a couple of practices without it ??

Disturbing stuff. I've been tolerant of the lackadaisical play thus far this season, but even I'm getting fed up. This is not about talent (on D or elsewhere). It's about team commitment to strong defensive play, and hard work. Both elements have been lacking for too many nights.

There may also be a more tactical issue. Perhaps the gap between forwards and D is too great, or too many players are missing assignments. These are matters for the coaches to address.

In my view, it's mostly a coaching issue. The staff are simply not convincing these players that they can't coast on talent, and they're not fixing the defensive zone problems. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way calling for their heads. Still, it's *their job* to ice a prepared and committed team and so far, it's not happening.

Sadly, I've seen this before with teams from the 80s-90s...and what usually has to happen is that the team loses in the playoffs before the message is fully absorbed. I remember the 1988 team doing precisely this on a regular basis, but still winning. Then they got destroyed in the playoffs. They came back the next year, and I don't know how many times I read the dressing room quote: "we learned last year you can't turn it on and off like a tap."

I sure hope this gang doesn't need a postseason humiliation to learn the lesson of how to win.

Also...is Kovalev on crack? What the hell is he doing out there??

Disturbing stuff. I've been tolerant of the lackadaisical play thus far this season, but even I'm getting fed up. This is not about talent (on D or elsewhere). It's about team commitment to strong defensive play, and hard work. Both elements have been lacking for too many nights.

There may also be a more tactical issue. Perhaps the gap between forwards and D is too great, or too many players are missing assignments. These are matters for the coaches to address.

In my view, it's mostly a coaching issue. The staff are simply not convincing these players that they can't coast on talent, and they're not fixing the defensive zone problems. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way calling for their heads. Still, it's *their job* to ice a prepared and committed team and so far, it's not happening.

Sadly, I've seen this before with teams from the 80s-90s...and what usually has to happen is that the team loses in the playoffs before the message is fully absorbed. I remember the 1988 team doing precisely this on a regular basis, but still winning. Then they got destroyed in the playoffs. They came back the next year, and I don't know how many times I read the dressing room quote: "we learned last year you can't turn it on and off like a tap."

I sure hope this gang doesn't need a postseason humiliation to learn the lesson of how to win.

Also...is Kovalev on crack? What the hell is he doing out there??

But even the team from 88 was not giving up 30+ shots through 2 periods to shit teams like the Leafs and Isles.

I don't understand why a coaching staff made up with defensive minded forwards has decided to play firewagon

hockey and forgo defensive responsibilty.

And there is the 2 goal lead...

Bad call, but crap play by the habs so they deserve it...

They are fortunate to be in this game. They have deserved this fate for over two weeks and have

been weasling out of situations by turning it up for 10-15 minutes

This team is a pretender until it commits to 60 minutes of hockey

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, I will be interested to see if it is a lesson learned.

The Leafs work hard EVERY game. And if the Habs think that they can just lace them up and win

they have another thing coming.

Over at Habsinsideout there are people in full panic

Edited by Wamsley01

We are losing 5-3 to the Lafs ??????????

:puke:

Most worrisome to me is that I don't think Kovalev is the guy we say last year, but the guy from two years ago.. floating along

Is there an injury we don't know about?

It's a wakeup call. Be concerned if they come out next game like this.

They have not earned their 8-1-2 record. It could be much worse.

They better wake the **** up, because I'm going to the next game

Edited by rafikz

It's a wakeup call. Be concerned if they come out next game like this.

They have not earned their 8-1-2 record. It should be much worse.

Fixed that for you.

In spite of the blatent dives, the Leafs are working hard every shift and are buying into their coach's plan... I'm not sure what Carbo's plan is tonight, but it'd better be something... anything else for the next game. I pray this is our wakeup call... Sure we're talented, but effort like this will only get you to the playoffs... and then meet with a hasty exit.

Side note... I'm never watching the Habs on HNIC again... What an idiot that one guy is...