Habs vs. Boston | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm hoping he's fighting a nagging injury because if this is the real Laraque why bother.

He's no Chris Nilan...or John Kordic...or even Todd Ewan. He's just floating around wasting minutes of icetime.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready to pull the plug on Laraque...he's a useless coward. I hope Steve Bégin is never made a healthy scratch in favor of that big pile of chickenshit again. At least Begin has heart...Laraque has none.

why hate on laraque? he can't jump anyone, i counted 3 times in one shift he asked thornton to go, the 4th line was the only line that did anything tonight, a fight wasn't going to win us anything tonight, the team was shit period

We should be hating on our talented players who once again failed to show up, and on price who failed to make the saves we needed him to make

I agree it's the best team we've seen in decades. But like I said above, it's very worrisome that they can follow up the best game I've seen in years with the worst. The last few years this wouldn't have bothered me as much...but right now with this teams talent, getting blown out 6-1 by a division rival and rolling over and playing dead worries me about the teams character. Too many guys were just going through the motions, does that not worry you at all?

Why would I worry? I didnt expect them to finish the season 82-0. We're just in November. I'd rather they get those games out of their system now and learn from them. Remember past seasons? Remember the Sens last season? They go off to an amazing start, everything is perfect in October, November, December.. then they hit a slump in Jan/Feb and never recover.

Ups and downs are inevitable. It's all in the way you deal with them. And panicking and wanting to demote X and callup Y and trade Z isnt the way to do it.

thank god this is early in the season. we can still fix this. you may as well dump laraque he has not scared anybody since he pulled on the jersy. We have a great team in the making they have to get themselves together. this is not that unusual for a young team.

why hate on laraque? he can't jump anyone, i counted 3 times in one shift he asked thornton to go, the 4th line was the only line that did anything tonight, a fight wasn't going to win us anything tonight, the team was shit period

We should be hating on our talented players who once again failed to show up, and on price who failed to make the saves we needed him to make

The point is he can't just ask people to fight, when you're up 4-1, 5-1, 6-1, why would you agree to fight Laraque? He needs to hit, and agitate so these guys have no choice.

G.L."Excuse me, would you care to fight?"

S.T. "No thanks Georges, we're currently wiping the ice with your team."

G.L. "Right you are, frightfully sorry for asking".

I'm ready to pull the plug on Laraque...he's a useless coward. I hope Steve Bégin is never made a healthy scratch in favor of that big pile of chickenshit again. At least Begin has heart...Laraque has none.

Overreact much?

Stop bashing Laraque :angry:

Bash Thornton and Lucic for being pussies and not fighting BGL. What do you want him to do? Mug him and get suspended because that's not who he is. In Edmonton (when I lived there), I talked to Laraque on 3 occasions and he is the nicest, classiest guy around (as is Parros). Georges would love to have fighted tonight but Boston is too pussy to fight him.

Komi, Komi, Komi :(

Edited by MMPL

Why would I worry? I didnt expect them to finish the season 82-0. We're just in November. I'd rather they get those games out of their system now and learn from them. Remember past seasons? Remember the Sens last season? They go off to an amazing start, everything is perfect in October, November, December.. then they hit a slump in Jan/Feb and never recover.

Ups and downs are inevitable. It's all in the way you deal with them. And panicking and wanting to demote X and callup Y and trade Z isnt the way to do it.

Not a big listener huh K. Of course we won't win 82 games. Of course we will have ups and downs. At least 3 games in 14 we've looked like a Junior B team that wasn't trying...that kind of attitude is a lot scarier than being 500 but competing every game.

And I'm breaking my own rules by bickering when our 9-3-2 loses a game, no matter how badly. See ya all next game...hope Jekyll & Habs are Habs :-)

Edited by Fat Tony

Overreact much?

Not at all...they guy didn't really start trying to get it going until the game way way out of control, and even then he didn't try all that hard. Not only does he not push the fight agenda enough, and comes to the defense of teammates with little enthusiasm and too late when he does at all, but he doesn't even throw a decent hit or two during the course of a game. He serves no purpose.

The point is he can't just ask people to fight, when you're up 4-1, 5-1, 6-1, why would you agree to fight Laraque? He needs to hit, and agitate so these guys have no choice.

G.L."Excuse me, would you care to fight?"

S.T. "No thanks Georges, we're currently wiping the ice with your team."

G.L. "Right you are, frightfully sorry for asking".

:clap:^_^:P

If we could morph Lapierre with Laraque we'd be set

Not a big listener huh K. Of course we won't win 82 games. Of course we will have ups and downs. At least 3 games in 14 we've looked like a Junior B team that wasn't trying...that kind of attitude is a lot scarier than being 500 but competing every game.

But this team can also come back from a 4-1 deficit in the 3rd, can completely dominate 4-0, etc.

We know this team is capable of the worse and the best. The 3 games you talked about is the players thinking they can go by on offense and talent because they're facing teams they consider inferior AND because unlike last year teams are now preparing extra hard and are extra motivated when facing the Habs. Its a level of adversity the team just never had to face before this season.

It's not a fatal flaw, it's not a coach issue; it's just the players being overconfident, lacking respect for the opposition and not gauging the amount of effort they need to give to win. I'd rather see them have a complex of superiority than a complex of inferiority. Nothing the coaches can do about that, it's in the locker-room amongst the players and in their individual heads that it happens. And it will only change after they get enough of those bitchslaps.

That's why I'm not worried, that's why they almost have to go through these to build character and hunger. They need this.

You dont fine-tune a team unless you know what is the worse things that can happen.

Well, I for one am a little discouraged by Laraque's tough guy code and stuff. He submits sealed formal invitations to duke it out, and the jerk says no, so he skates away. He better pummel Lucic next game, suck up tjhe penalties and move on.

Not going unclassy losing 4-1 or 5-1 only shows they have faith to rebound and maybe pull a comeback. Acutally, PROPS to Laraque for not fighting tonight. Totally useless when a goon fights a goon.

The players have to react and get their game tight when a guy like Komi, Sergei or Bouillon drops his gloves. Remember Komi-Dubinski at the amazing comeback ???

Props to Komi for trying to shakes things up. Now, you have to win these fights to be succesful.

Edited by JoeLassister

Hmmmm.. some thoughts that one may ponder:

Price must hate having that constant sunburn on the back of his neck from all the goals.

Kovalev is writing a book " Professional NHL Invisibility Techniques"

BGL will issue a press release as he is a scorer now.

RCMP is out looking for Montreal's Defenseman as they went missing a few weeks ago.

Leafs will beat Edmonton tonight and be within 2 points of Habs. (3 - 2 Leafs at this posting)

No, nothing to worry about No. Not coaches fault, Not Players fault, nope....

I BLAME HABSWORLD>>>> You are all fired..... :o

Here's one from left field. You think Carbo regrets his decision for signing an extension to his contract now?

Anybody ?

BTW Laraque is utterly and completely useless out there. He doesn't even get the respect anymore haha :)

Edited by jrhabs

Here's one from left field. You think Carbo regrets his decision for signing an extension to his contract now?

Anybody ?

This is more from the bench than the left field IMO.

Glad I missed this game to go watch the Crew win the Eastern Conference of the MLS!

I was so sick of seeing the Habs suck than I watched the Simpsons instead of watching the last period. Seems like I didnt missed anything interesting.

I hope they wont suck like this when I go see them in Ottawa on Nov 20....

Laraque tried to go with Lucic, and Thornton on multiple occasions, and they declined. I had no problem with that until Lucic fought Komi. That that tells me they were scared of BGL. That little prick needs to be taught a lesson, I say next Saturday Laraque shouldn't give him the choice, just jump him and Pummel that big ######in nose of his.

Anyone else want to puke with the way Lucic was hammin it up after he scored the goal and after the fight?

Edited by brboo

next Saturday Laraque shouldn't give him the choice, just jump him and Pummel that big ######in nose of his.

Anyone else want to puke with the way Lucic was hammin it up after he scored the goal and after the fight?

If George does nothing yet again, the fans should boo him out of the building.