Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gifvs. 263b1ba5.gif
11-5-2 for 24 points....................13-3-4 for 30 points
(5th East)...............................(1st East)

Patrick Roy Night
roy-cup-392.jpg

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Projected Lineup

(17)Laraque* - (11)Koivu - (13)Tanguay
(21)Higgins - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (6)Kostopoulos
(22)Begin - (40) Lapierre - (74)S.Kostitsyn

(79)Markov - (26)Gorges
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Byrne
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

* Really, he's on whatever line is on the ice when Lucic is.

29074.jpg vs. 5588.jpg
Carey Price................Tim Thomas

Montreal Player Stats
Boston Player Stats

TV: RDS, CBC (local)
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Price, who else thinks that, if Roy started tonight, there'd be a shutout for the Habs? Big game night, big game player.

detroit 7 colorado-0 in the 7th game of conference final :lol:

I hate when they do celebrations or sweater retiring, montreal always seem to play shitty :angry:

I hate when they do celebrations or sweater retiring, montreal always seem to play shitty :angry:

Does anybody have a statistic of the habs record on jersey retirement nights? I'm pretty sure we are a below .500 team

Edited by l<OV4L3V

Does anybody have a statistic of the habs record on jersey retirement nights? I'm pretty sure we are a below .500 team

The only one in the past 3 years that I remember them winning was Boom Boom's night, when he had just died the night before. Appropriately, they won 1-0 on a Craig Rivet slapshot.

If Roy did take the ghosts with him, hopefully tonight is the night they return.

And you've got the numbers wrong, Fanpuck. All the players are #33 tonight. :hlogo:

I don't have high hopes for tonight. They rarely do well after these things, and they have not played well coming in. Add to that the fact that Boston is a much better team (at the moment) who are on a roll and getting payback for last year, and this could be ugly.

The only one in the past 3 years that I remember them winning was Boom Boom's night, when he had just died the night before. Appropriately, they won 1-0 on a Craig Rivet slapshot.

If Roy did take the ghosts with him, hopefully tonight is the night they return.

And you've got the numbers wrong, Fanpuck. All the players are #33 tonight. :hlogo:

I think we won on Dryden's night as well, but I'm not positive.

I really hope the real Habs show up tonight. Boston is now first in the East and are a true measuring stick. After the last game against them, the boys had better be fired up to take this one.

GO HABS GO!!!!

PS - It appears that at least where I am, CBC is showing the Toronto game on both feeds. It's truly shameful.

I hope BGL sparks the team early via a fight.

Should be a good game!

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

BTW, did you know Manny Fernandez's cousin is Jacques Lemaire?

Should be a good game!

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

BTW, did you know Manny Fernandez's cousin is Jacques Lemaire?

I thought he was his nefew

I think phillipe Dupuis is mario Tremblays nefew

BGL only needs a good clean check to spark the plug

My feelings exactly. And I bet Chara would go with him, and even if he declined - it's a home game and the fans would let it be noticed, so it would help motivate our boys right away.

Regardless Canadiens need to set the tone early and put that team in their place before they start getting any ideas - this should be our division to lose regardless of how well the Bruins are playing so far this year. It's early in the season still and we still have a few gears to shift into, the talent is certainly there......and if they need an example of how to work hard and pay the price they only need to take a look at what Claude Julien's team is doing...

Price should be motivated to do his best Roy imitation tonite I should think....

Edited by redondo

Anyone else see this picture at habsinsideout.com? It looks like Price and Halak got some retro pads for the game. Pretty sweet idea, if you ask me!

http://habsinsideout.com/images/11318

I remember seeing Price with those pads back in the summer. I like 'em, especially if they're worn tonight!

And now, for another blast from the past: Here's to hoping for another CH night from C. Higgins for the :hlogo: !

:ghg:

As much as I like Price, who else thinks that, if Roy started tonight, there'd be a shutout for the Habs? Big game night, big game player.

Scouts said Price had one of the best composures (for a kid) they have ever seen.

Price can handle pressure too.

GO HABS GO!!!!!