Price's Stickhandling

Peter Puck

I thought I'd mention something I've been thinking about for the last few weeks since we need some good news now.

I feel that Price has done an excellent job this year handling the puck when he is out of his crease.

Last season, he would often make bad decisions and send the puck into danger by going the wrong way with it from behind the net. This year he has been consistently taking his time and calmly passing the puck to the open defenceman. When both D-men are covered he just passes it beyond them to an open forward. I've been really impressed by the this improvement. Last year he was quite often a liability when out of the net. This year his puck handling has been a great asset.

he most definitely can snipe the corners in warmup! When i was at Scotiabank place in warmup he was picking corners at will LOL. But i agree his decisions around the trapezoid are much better this season! Maybe he should move up front :lol:

Ps...I am guessing he is going to score a goal from his own crease within the next 2 years

Edited by l<OV4L3V

he most definitely can snipe the corners in warmup! When i was at Scotiabank place in warmup he was picking corners at will LOL. But i agree his decisions around the trapezoid are much better this season! Maybe he should move up front :lol:

Ps...I am guessing he is going to score a goal from his own crease within the next 2 years

Yeah, I've seen that too, I wonder why they haven't tried him in the shootout yet.

I disagree. I still cringe every time he touches the puck. Far too many passes go to the wrong team. That being said, his goaltending has been excellent for the most part.

I did not see on errant pass in the game v. Islanders. Maybe missed one when I got up to get a soda. His passing did help the clearing of the zone.

I did not see on errant pass in the game v. Islanders. Maybe missed one when I got up to get a soda. His passing did help the clearing of the zone.

I'm with you on this. I've seen other people talk about his poor puck-handling, but I've yet to see it. Especially in comparison to Huet, he's a polar opposite in terms of decision making. He knows where he can go, and by the time he actually plays the puck, he's decided where the puck is going. I can probably count on two hands the number of times he's given the puck away, but it's never been a blatant give away, and rarely, if ever, did it result in a scoring opp. Just about every analyst in the game says he's one of the best in the league at it, and yet there's always one or two negative comments about it when it comes up, and I don't see what they're talking about.

Well, a few times, Price giveaways have resulted in goals. I couldn't name any but I remember it happening at least 5 times. Those 5 plays will stick in the memories of some fans just like Souray's mistakes did after they winded up on highlight reels.

Well, a few times, Price giveaways have resulted in goals. I couldn't name any but I remember it happening at least 5 times. Those 5 plays will stick in the memories of some fans just like Souray's mistakes did after they winded up on highlight reels.

Sounds like you have a future as a politician with the above statement. Hard to prove a negative.

Well last season this definitely did happen a few times. Maybe even early in this season. But for the last month at least he has been very good. He made one minor mistake tonight versus Detroit when a Detroit forward blocked one of his passes from close in. But Price collected the bounce on his stick and passed the puck safely forward.