Sign in to follow this  
dlbalr

Habs Salary Cap Info and FAQ's

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

dlbalr,

do I have right that for each player currently counting on the Cap, the Habs would get a cap relief of  $1,075,000 ?

I am sure Ouellet will be waived and Mete may also be sent down if he is not playing in Montreal.

That would give a small cap margin to MB but sufficient to comply before the beginning of the season

I got that number here:http://www.colliganhockey.com/nhl-cba-how-do-buried-contracts-work/

A maximum of 1,075,000

if the player's salary is less than 1,075,000 then you only get to remove that salary. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

A maximum of 1,075,000

if the player's salary is less than 1,075,000 then you only get to remove that salary. 

Ok, so the Habs are ok since Ouellet is going to Laval 

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

They still need to dump. 

This would leave them with no 13th forward, and you always want a little room for callups. 

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

CapFriendly shows Habs at $81,853,809 for 12F, 8D and 2G

Ouellette seems likely to go down (unless Mete gets dealt) but expect they will add a 13th forward
So swap Ouellette for Evans and habs are at $81,866,309 ... leaving Habs $366,309 over the ceiling

Demoting Weal would save $1.075M but he would be replaced by another 13th forward ... say Belzile at $700K ... so Habs end up just under the cap by $38,691 (if my math is correct)

But don't expect MB to be happy with that margin, so I expect Byron to be moved and another $1M or less 4th liner added.

While it might not be for another week or two, I do intend to do a column on Montreal's cap situation where I'll look at this in some more detail.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Ouellette seems likely to go down (unless Mete gets dealt) but expect they will add a 13th forward
So swap Ouellette for Evans and habs are at $81,866,309 ... leaving Habs $366,309 over the ceiling

Demoting Weal would save $1.075M but he would be replaced by another 13th forward ... say Belzile at $700K ... so Habs end up just under the cap by $38,691 (if my math is correct)

But don't expect MB to be happy with that margin, so I expect Byron to be moved and another $1M or less 4th liner added.

Byron is the most obvious candidate, but not the only one by any means. 

7 hours ago, GHT120 said:

If I was MB, I would keep the current roster unless a good deal on a trade comes up.

There may be injuries down the road and both Mete and Ouellet can be waived.

Mete may get picked up, but I doubt it. He would benefit from playing a lot in Laval.

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

If I was MB, I would keep the current roster unless a good deal on a trade comes up.

There may be injuries down the road and both Mete and Ouellet can be waived.

Mete may get picked up, but I doubt it. He would benefit from playing a lot in Laval.

I was looking at what needs to be done by Game 1 of the season ... they won't start (IMO) with 12 forwards and 8 defencemen ... and they can't play Game 1 unless they are under the cap ... at a minimum they need to make a move(s) to get under the cap ... 

8 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I was looking at what needs to be done by Game 1 of the season ... they won't start (IMO) with 12 forwards and 8 defencemen ... and they can't play Game 1 unless they are under the cap ... at a minimum they need to make a move(s) to get under the cap ... 

13 forwards (keeping the waivers excempt forwards in the the AHL)

Tatar, Danault, Gallagher, Drouin, Suzuki, Toffoli, Byron, Kotkaniemi, Anderson, Lehkonen, Evans, Armia, Weal

7 defensemen (waiving Ouellet and Mete or keeping Mete and sending Romanov down for a tune-up in the the AHL to get used to North-American Hockey)
Chiarot, Weber, Edmundson, Petry, Kulak, Juulsen, Romanov or Mete)

Price and Allen

=====================

I re-calculated the Habs cap, with my suggestions and they will not be able to meet it without trading someone that makes above $1M even if tehy waive Romanov and bring Juulsen up (he has a lower salary)

image.png

Edited by alfredoh2009
calculated