Habs Salary Cap Info and FAQ's

21 minutes ago, DON said:

From Habs twitter:

Jake Evans has been loaned to the taxi squad. Players loaned to the taxi squad this season are eligible to travel and practice with the full team, but do not count against the salary cap. Evans is expected to be made available for the game on Saturday in Edmonton

And the cap manipulations begin ... not great for Evans but it is what MB has to do

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So did Mete..when alongside Weber. Was it a bit like the Markov-effect and weaker partner being carried somewhat.

Digging into this more, I think my comments above on Perry are incorrect.  While the narrative was that Perry's waiver clock wasn't running while he was on emergency recall, I now think that's only pa

Posted Images

Are the Habs going to have enough cap space to keep Cory Perry up when his 10 game/1 month of waivers exemption ends?  Will they put him on waivers - seems like he would be snapped up.

9 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

Are the Habs going to have enough cap space to keep Cory Perry up when his 10 game/1 month of waivers exemption ends?  Will they put him on waivers - seems like he would be snapped up.

I am going to guess yes ... Perry was added as a 13th forward ... nobody came off the roster ...  so he is already under the cap

As for waivers, I believe it is 10 games or a cumulative 30 days on the roster ... wonder if Perry has been "moved" to the taxi squad on off days to store up those days?  But regardless, think he was always intended to the the 13th forward ... not certain if/how/when the 10game/30day waiver exemption re-sets ... 

13 hours ago, Peter Puck said:

Yes, they have enough space banked that they can do that if they need to.  If they do that though, they'll basically be capped out with anything left needing to go to bonus carryover.  As much as Perry has done well so far, it'd be great if he can make it back to the taxi squad once Armia is back.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

As for waivers, I believe it is 10 games or a cumulative 30 days on the roster ... wonder if Perry has been "moved" to the taxi squad on off days to store up those days?  But regardless, think he was always intended to the the 13th forward ... not certain if/how/when the 10game/30day waiver exemption re-sets ... 

Perry's good to go waiver-wise until he plays in 10 games while on emergency recall.  It's also important to note that he is on one of those, not a regular recall which carries another 10/30 threshold.  (I touched on this a bit in the last Habs Weekly post.)  As for whether or not he has been sent down, Perry has only been on the active roster on the game days in which he has played.  While not announced by the team, he was sent down between each game.

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Yes, they have enough space banked that they can do that if they need to.  If they do that though, they'll basically be capped out with anything left needing to go to bonus carryover.  As much as Perry has done well so far, it'd be great if he can make it back to the taxi squad once Armia is back.

Perry's good to go waiver-wise until he plays in 10 games while on emergency recall.  It's also important to note that he is on one of those, not a regular recall which carries another 10/30 threshold.  (I touched on this a bit in the last Habs Weekly post.)  As for whether or not he has been sent down, Perry has only been on the active roster on the game days in which he has played.  While not announced by the team, he was sent down between each game.

so that could be 18 games with waivers exemption for Perry ?

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

so that could be 18 games with waivers exemption for Perry ?

Depending on the timing of Armia's return, I believe that would be possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Digging into this more, I think my comments above on Perry are incorrect.  While the narrative was that Perry's waiver clock wasn't running while he was on emergency recall, I now think that's only partially true.  The 30-day window wasn't ticking on days he was up on e-recall but the 10 games are cumulative between regular and emergency recalls. 

If that's the case, that means Perry has to go through waivers as soon as he plays his next game.  That would seemingly support the timing of Byron's waiving; they'll lock Perry onto the roster and will now use Byron to go back and forth to save cap space for the time being (and they can start the process again if/when Byron hits 10 games).  If that happens, they'll likely also resume sending the waiver-exempt players back to the taxi squad on a rotating basis.

• Upvote 2