" Missing: Kovalev "

rafikz

Lol does this sound familiar?

Stock Down: Mike Ribeiro managed to pot a goal in Sunday's 4-3 Dallas win over Edmonton. Maybe this will be the start of something good for him and the Stars, both of whom have been poster kids for underachieving so far this season. In 2007-08, Ribeiro was the toast of Dallas, an All-Star, leading the Stars with 85 points and finishing second on the team with a career-best 27 goals. Dallas management was so impressed they signed Ribeiro to a five-year contract extension in January. Sunday's goal, however, was just the second in the past 15 games for the Montreal native. And the Stars? Despite their win, they remain dead last in the Western Conference.

Now that Guy has finally moved Kovalev away from Plekanec he will start to score.

Same should be for Andrei bign moved away from Alex.

Those three were great last year but with Plekanec failing to compete and Andrei needing the PUCK more this year he needs to be the puck carrier on his line.

Now that Guy has finally moved Kovalev away from Plekanec he will start to score.

Those three were great last year but with Plekanec failing to compete and Andrei needing the PUCK more this year he needs to be the puck carrier on his line.

You may be right, my friend.

Too bad, the Special K line was electrifying last season; I loved it when they were getting the puck in the neutral zone and started skating; a thing of beauty

Plekanec always seems to need a stint with some checkers to keep his game simple before he gets going. Like in 2006-07, when they promoted him to the infamous Kovy/Samsonov line and then he blossomed after going back to the 4th and working his way back up. Then last year, he started as the 3rd line C while Grabovski tried playing with Kovalev and Andrei. He'll be back. It's not that he isn't working, it's just that he isn't working effectively.

Kovalev will have new options tonight with this line up.

Tanguay - Plekanec - Kostopoulos

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - D'Agostini

Higgins - Lang - Kovalev

Begin - Lapierre - Laraque

First he will have a right handed centre.

Second: Power play with Lang in the traffic instead of Plek perimetering will urge him to shoot.

What i do not like is Tanguay removed from Koivu line. D'Agostini is given a real chance but the best wingers

should play with the best centre.

If Tanguay and Laraque are in the lineup, i beleive A'Agostini has to be sent down. 3 healthy scratches are O'Byrne, Lats and SK. The linup is full.

No, Komisarek is on the IR, so D'Agostini can stay up.

Kovalev will have new options tonight with this line up.

Tanguay - Plekanec - Kostopoulos

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - D'Agostini

Higgins - Lang - Kovalev

Begin - Lapierre - Laraque

First he will have a right handed centre.

Second: Power play with Lang in the traffic instead of Plek perimetering will urge him to shoot.

What i do not like is Tanguay removed from Koivu line. D'Agostini is given a real chance but the best wingers

should play with the best centre.

RDS had Kovy on the fourth line with Lapierre and S. Kostitsyn this morning. Maybe you're line-up was more recent than that.

ROFL Ribs

Yeah. he has 20 points in 23 games for Dallas. He is missing Morrow too...

Ribs would currently be leading the Habs in points, right now. That's right, he has more points then Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, and certainly Pleks.

Dallas sucks because Turco is missing, not Ribs. :)

No kidding, i thought he had to be on long term to get the numbers down. So by your statement i'm assuming now they are full until Komi is cleared to play.

Thanks for the info

Long-term IR and regular IR both clear a roster spot, but with long-term, the team gets an injury cushion, which potentially helps save cap space. And yes, the roster is full at 23, so when Komisarek returns, someone will have to be taken off the active roster.

And Grabovski's got as many points as Kovalev.................. :rolleyes: Although he's played 24 games to Kovy's 23. Course he's not making 4.5 mill either............ :lol:

LOL, that is true. He is making the most of his opportunity for sure. If he was on the habs however, he would be playing on the 4th line and sharing games with Begin.

However, what if they can't sign Koivu? What is Pleks never regains last year's form. Would it not have been nice to have a Grabs around to be a top 2 centre? Personally, I think Pleks is over rated and is a 3rd line centre if put with average wingers. We still need a big centre, and I hope we snag Sundin (and keep Koivu). That would be interesting. :)

Pretty good analysis. Time will tell, though, if it's correct. Between those three players, though, there's too much talent for at least ONE of them not to find his game eventually.

As for Grabs, hey, good on him. And I don't think Ribs is the *problem* in Dallas...they need a goalie who can stop something besides medicine balls.

Yeah. he has 20 points in 23 games for Dallas. He is missing Morrow too...

Ribs would currently be leading the Habs in points, right now. That's right, he has more points then Koivu, Tanguay, Kovalev, and certainly Pleks.

Dallas sucks because Turco is missing, not Ribs. :)

What those final paper stats don't indicate is that Ribeiro had one huge 5 point game, and another big 3 assist game. If you take those two outliers away from his record this season, he has 12 points and is a -9 in his remaining 21 games this season, which are much better indicators of his performance so far.

Aside from a couple good efforts that may not have been rewarded with points, Ribeiro has been at best a non-factor this season for the Dallas Stars. This has always been my problem with him, he has too many of those slumps where he becomes virtually useless, it didn't as much show last season thanks to his chemistry with Morrow, and because he had a couple of huge streaks to boost his stats, one in December, and the other to begin the season. In the playoffs, after a big start thanks to the Ducks indiscipline, his contribution was again insignificant.

Ribeiro isn't a young cheap centre anymore, he's a highly paid centre with many responsibilities on his shoulders; the Stars are counting on him as their offensive leader, they're giving hima lot of quality ice-time, and he needs to step up, and become a consistent contributor.

LOL, that is true. He is making the most of his opportunity for sure. If he was on the habs however, he would be playing on the 4th line and sharing games with Begin.

However, what if they can't sign Koivu? What is Pleks never regains last year's form. Would it not have been nice to have a Grabs around to be a top 2 centre? Personally, I think Pleks is over rated and is a 3rd line centre if put with average wingers. We still need a big centre, and I hope we snag Sundin (and keep Koivu). That would be interesting. :)

Missed this on the first go. Yep, I said at the time that we could well regret losing Grabs; we probably should have kept him around until we had some longer-term answers to the situation at C. On the other hand, it's not like Grabs is a real quality centreman on a strong team. He might have made a good place-holder, though, until something better comes along, in the event that Koivu leaves/declines, and/or Pleks bombs out, as he's done so far. Oh well. I'm sure Euro-hater Burke will ship him out of Toronto ASAP anyway.

And except the first 6 or 7 games those Habs players listed have been invisible as well.

Kovalev, Tanguay and Koivu are making a pretty big chunk of change for not much results either.

Arguably without the great goaltending the habs record would be right there with the Stars.

What those final paper stats don't indicate is that Ribeiro had one huge 5 point game, and another big 3 assist game. If you take those two outliers away from his record this season, he has 12 points and is a -9 in his remaining 21 games this season, which are much better indicators of his performance so far.

Aside from a couple good efforts that may not have been rewarded with points, Ribeiro has been at best a non-factor this season for the Dallas Stars. This has always been my problem with him, he has too many of those slumps where he becomes virtually useless, it didn't as much show last season thanks to his chemistry with Morrow, and because he had a couple of huge streaks to boost his stats, one in December, and the other to begin the season. In the playoffs, after a big start thanks to the Ducks indiscipline, his contribution was again insignificant.

Ribeiro isn't a young cheap centre anymore, he's a highly paid centre with many responsibilities on his shoulders; the Stars are counting on him as their offensive leader, they're giving hima lot of quality ice-time, and he needs to step up, and become a consistent contributor.

How dare you talk about Ribs that way. He's going to save our franchise.

And Grabovski's got as many points as Kovalev.................. :rolleyes: Although he's played 24 games to Kovy's 23. Course he's not making 4.5 mill either............ :lol:

I'm not a stats guy when it comes to evaluating players, but that's a solid point you have here...

Edited by rafikz