" Missing: Kovalev "

rafikz

I mentioned it in the rumours section and got roasted, but still...anyone seriously think Plex is a #1 ctr? Me neither.

Eminently trade-able, espec for a cup-winning C this year. At some point, you have to reach for a top-six player through the FA market! Tanguay this year...

We'll resign, Koivu, we'll offer him double the money of anywhere else. I don't regret Grabovski at all, knobber going nowhere with us.

I mentioned it in the rumours section and got roasted, but still...anyone seriously think Plex is a #1 ctr? Me neither.

Eminently trade-able, espec for a cup-winning C this year. At some point, you have to reach for a top-six player through the FA market! Tanguay this year...

We'll resign, Koivu, we'll offer him double the money of anywhere else. I don't regret Grabovski at all, knobber going nowhere with us.

If you could trade Plex for a high end guy, sure. But there isn't a guy like that available so I don't see the point in putting Plekanec "on the block".

Yeah, in theory I'd trade Plekanec as part of a package for Getzlaf or Eric Staal, but that ain't going to happen.

That would be the only way I'd deal him or even make him available. My point was more that some consider him near-untouchable, for a player that needs a kick up the arse every year and must play with our best wingers to produce. I was suggesting earlier that he is far from the heir-apparent some think, never will be imo.

Don't trade him for the sake of moving him, just with something specific in mind - your point. Fine little player otherwise. Do you deal him to get Sundin on the team? (Salary cap consideration)

Getzlaf, I wish!

That would be the only way I'd deal him or even make him available. My point was more that some consider him near-untouchable, for a player that needs a kick up the arse every year and must play with our best wingers to produce. I was suggesting earlier that he is far from the heir-apparent some think, never will be imo.

Don't trade him for the sake of moving him, just with something specific in mind - your point. Fine little player otherwise. Do you deal him to get Sundin on the team? (Salary cap consideration)

Getzlaf, I wish!

Well, he's proven he can play with talented players and get them to produce as well. It's not one or the other. Kovalchuk would love to play with a Plekanec type in Atlanta.

Marc Savard had some similar criticisms about him and look what happened to him when he hit his late 20's. You never know. That's why I say unless we can hit a home run with such a deal he practically is untouchable.

He's not Price untouchable, mind you. but he's one of our least gettable assets as far as I'm concerned.

Plekanec is only considered "untouchable" in that he's the only young centre we have left with offensive upside and is ready now. If we get rid of him and don't get a centre in return, we'd be looking at forcing one of our youngsters from Hamiliton into the breach next year...or look for a short term plug and hope that a youngster emerges. If we had a plethora of young centres, I think it would be a different story, but not one of Maxwell, White or Lehoux are "sure things." Which makes Plekanec extremely valuable to the club...for the time being.