If you could...

TheAussiePosse

...go back in time, all the way back to even the 1920s, clone a player, and bring him back to 2004 (or 2005, when hopefully we'll have a new season), to play for the Habs... who would you pick? And why?

The only catch is anyone who has played in the NHL from 1980 onwards is exempt.

I'd bring back Doug Harvey, just because he would complete an already solid defense, bringing it into the top 10 in the league (at least). His leadership and defensive prowess would make Rivet expendable.

Harvet, Markov, Souray, Komisarek, Brisebois, Bouillion.

:/)

I think we all would choose a D-man from the past as that is the true need of the current team.

I love the Harvey selection and I would agree completely, but noone wants to read the same selections over and over so I'll take Larry Robinson.

Tough question...

I don't think some of the older players, like Harvey, would fit into todays NHL very well. Even Richard and Beliveau would look completely different in today's game.

I'm gonna say either Gainey or Robinson. Did ya all know that the Russians said they thought Gainey was the best all around player in the world, at the time of course, when they played us. Honourable mentions to Lafleur, Carboneau, Henri Richard, Dryden and Roy.

If I had to assume that the older players could produce like they did then the Rocket, Beliveau, Harvey, Cournoyer and Mahovlich would all be considered...probably in that order.