Sundin the Canuck

alexstream

At this point all I can say is who cares.........I'm glad he passed on us, sounds like he hasn't even been training getting ready to play.......dosn't sound like a guy itching to play again.

Every day it's a new story saying NOTHING, wake me up when this glorified rental player finally makes a decision.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There won't be an official decision until the Rangers can clear the cap space. Sundin can't go publicly and say "I want to be a Ranger" and then have to change his mind since the Rangers can't clear the cap space for him.

I can't see him making an announcement until the Rangers have deals set for the player(s) they're going to move/waive. Also, the longer he waits, the lesser the cap hit...

Well..Call him Mats plan B Sundin !!

he just has signed with the Nucks !!!

as per TSN

what a JOKE !!!

:lool: :lool: :lool:

Edited by marky_and_komi

:clap:

I'm happy for the Canucks, they've finally addressed the scoring problems that have plagued them since the lockout. Next year, they'll be major players for both Gaborik and Hossa, it'll be interesting to see if the addition of offensive talent will make them edge away from their defensive system.

Good, now all Canadiens and Canucks fans can once again live in peace and harmony. Mind you, this board was fine but other public hockey boards contained some nasty arguments. To the point where I'm sure that some Canucks fans HATE the Habs now and vice versa.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Circle Feb 15th and 24th on your calenders then................just imagine how the Nuck's fans treat us after we take 2 wins from them.

Thats the spirit !!

Good, now all Canadiens and Canucks fans can once again live in peace and harmony. Mind you, this board was fine but other public hockey boards contained some nasty arguments. To the point where I'm sure that some Canucks fans HATE the Habs now and vice versa.

I don't hate you guys........ yet.:D

What I don't get about Sundin is that, when the Leafs tried to trade him last season, he refused to waive his NTC and argued that he didn't "believe" in being a rental player.

But what is he now? A rental player.

That's...kinda strange.

Anyway, good on Vancouver. I don't think they are Cup favourites by any means, but he certainly gives them a serious chance to win an extra playoff round. Incidentally, those who argue that Sundin *just* wanted money should be aware that he apparently wanted to make sure that his salary left the Canucks with enough room to add another major player at the deadline.

Clearly, though, his first choice was New York. And this is exactly what the Rangers deserved. They've gone ape over UFA signings (Gomez, Drury, Redden, Rosival) and now they are discovering that signing every UFA that enters your field of vision limits your flexibility going forward.

HA-HA!

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

What I don't get about Sundin is that, when the Leafs tried to trade him last season, he refused to waive his NTC and argued that he didn't "believe" in being a rental player.

There's a difference between signing as a UFA with a team somewhat early into the season (he should be with the team for more than half the season) and being dumped like garbage by the team you spent almost your entire career with just so they won't lose you for nothing. Some players may not care, but he deserved the right not to be treated like livestock.

There's a difference between signing as a UFA with a team somewhat early into the season (he should be with the team for more than half the season) and being dumped like garbage by the team you spent almost your entire career with just so they won't lose you for nothing. Some players may not care, but he deserved the right not to be treated like livestock.

That's right! What cow makes $10.2M a year!

That's...kinda strange.

He's a huge hypocrite and I have definitely lost a lot of respect for him. It wasnt entirely that he didnt want to be a rental player. Sundin said that he didnt believe in joining a team if he wasnt there from the beginning of the season as the primary reason why he wouldnt waive his NTC. The very next season he goes and does exactly that. :rolleyes: