NHL 2004 Bugs

Ribeiro

There is a problem with my NHL 2004 game for Nintendo Gamecube.

I loaded the game once, to see that there was a problem with my first line. Instead of:

Recchi - Koivu - Kovalev

It was,

Perreault - Koivu - Kovalev

Perreault is supposed to just play on the 2nd line. When I tried to switch him back with Recchi, Recchi took Perreault's place on the 2nd line too. So it looked like:

Recchi - Koivi - Kovalev

Zednik - Recchi - Ryder

And when I tried to take Recchi off the 2nd line for Perreault, Perreault took Recchi's spot on the 1st line too. So, because of this problem, I can't properly edit my lines.

What's wrong? Do any of you know how I can fix this problem?

I had the same problem when I downloaded the rosters of the internet. Kilger was on 2 lines. I could only fix it during my season or using the in-game edit lines menu.

I haven't found any glitches like that in 2005. The game has actually grown on me. I miss being able to have 100% control over where my passes go and how hard they go, but the gameplay itself is very realistic. The hitting is a bit out of control, but it's not too bad. It's a lot harder to score, and the goals are more realistic. I have yet to find a way to score an easy goal, like I have in every hockey game I've played.

I've had it with NHL 2004. It was fun for awhile, but it has gotten vexatious and tiring.

First, that annoying bug that is preventing me from editing my lines properly makes it harder to finish my season in franchise mode.

That, plus the computer constantly injuring my best players, especially when I'm #1 in the league is making the game pathetic. Right after my players get healthy, another star will get injured.

I just finished playing playoff mode right now with the Canucks, Jovanoski had 3 points in the first game. I beat the computer 8-2. Amazingly, he got injured. I don't know how he got injured or when he did, but apparently, he is. Then the computer completely manipulated my lines, so the Sedin twins are on the 4th line and Brad May is on the 2nd.

It's not really worth playing anymore. The Madden series is so much better.

No shit, EA is based in the US so they spend all their money on games Americans will buy. I never had problems with injuries on 2004. I had maybe 3-4 injuries a year, only because my friends made it their goal to try and kill my players.

On a side note, after playing an entire season of 2005, I've decided that I don't hate it at all. In fact, except for the passing and right analog shooting difficulty, I love it. One timer passes go to the wrong player or to the goalie too often, which is very annyoing, and using the right analog stick on ps2 to shoot is not very good. When you want to shoot he doesn't, but if you only want to make a hard deke to get by a guy, he'll shoot. But overall, the gameplay is more realistic than ever. I've never scored more than 6 in a game. On 2004 I averaged 5 a period.

I never had problems with injuries on 2004. I had maybe 3-4 injuries a year, only because my friends made it their goal to try and kill my players.

I've made it my goal to deliver big hits that may cause injuries to the computer, I've injured like 2 guys.

During this season, I haven't had a completely healthy team for more than 2 games. Well, I did once, but that was because I got annoyed with the injuries and restarted the game. The computer decided to injure a different player.

No shit, EA is based in the US so they spend all their money on games Americans will buy.

Canadians will buy Madden and NBA Live too. A lot of Canadians are interested in sports outside of hockey, you know?

Dude, you completely missed my point here. My point was that most Americans, the primary target of EA Sports games, aren't going to shell out 50 bucks for a hockey game, so EA doesn't put as much time into the hockey game as they put into their other titles.

EA makes a lot more money on Madden and NBA Live than they do on the NHL because more people on the market like football than do hockey. Therefore they put less money into the hockey series and more into Madden. It's all about making a profit.

[Edited on 10-24-04 by Fanpuck33]